What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

the incredible hulk is 100% skippable

you could just google hulk's backstory there's nothing relevant happening in that movie

the only good thing about hulk was one of the computers bruce uses has norton security show up on the screen

gp is liv tyler coming back

My Neighbour Totoro
watched this with my mother
"i dont understand" "are they on drugs" "the poor father he just wants to go home"
bleh

Life of Pi
better than the book but only because the monologues were shorter

yeah I never really understood why everyone loves the life of pi book

also I kinda listened to the pokemon movie and also watched the beginning and end

Nabber said:
having read the book for an english assignment and participated in countless class discussions about it, it's almost always the way the book ends and the way it handles its views on religion. the movie apparently doesn't do that very well.

plus i've been told they watered down most of the spirituality stuff and just focused on the twist ending (which pretty much ruins the point of Pi's story in the first place)?? i haven't seen the movie yet >.>

no but people love the movie too

i didn't like it very much, i hate when people use a twist ending to justify a whole movie

Nabber said:
no but people love the movie too
oh yeah i can see why, the visual effects look great and the story was changed so more people could enjoy it within the space of an hour or two (pretty much like all novel adaptions really)

but i mean the class discussions and assignment pretty much sucked all of the enjoyment out of the book for me so it's not like i'm gonna be seeing it anytime soon

i hate when people use a twist ending to justify a whole movie
same tbh
*gazes at 999 nervously*

Nabber said:
i mean it was kind of interesting with the whole survival thing done rather well and it's left to the reader to decide what's true and what isn't

i didn't particularly care for it myself but i can see how people might enjoy it

Big Hero 6

I dunno. I feel like there was lots of potential for a good movie here but it ended up just being "basic disney movie #5598". Instantly called the villain, despite the "twist", and everything happened exactly like I thought it would, with zero surprises. The only surprising thing was
when Baymax had the medical data card removed and turned into a killer robot
but that only lasted all of thirty seconds before it got shut down and no reference was made to it four minutes afterwards. I mean, come on! Surely there was more potential you could have done with that to set this apart from other kids movies.

Other than that every character was one-dimensional except for maybe the protagonist, despite the title of the movie suggesting there would be a team thing going. Meeeeeeehhhh.

It's an okay movie but easily forgettable and I feel like they could have done much more with it. Which probably bothers me more than it should. I felt this way about Pacific Rim too.

The Incredibles

And also to highlight the mediocrity of Big Hero 6, try watching this next and the differences are striking. Villain is funny, yet genuinely threatening. Each of the characters has, surprise, character development. Pokes fun at superhero tropes while still managing to be a good superhero movie. Takes advantage of its setting for great jokes (what's not to enjoy about superheroes trying to be normal people?). More memorable music. The team actually works together as a team. Maybe it's just easier to empathize with Mr. Incredible as an adult character and his character development seems better because of that, but I'm still pretty sure that this movie is just all-around better.

Back