What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Exodus: Gods and Kings

Not great, but not bad.

The Boxtrolls

It hardly lives up to Laika's high standards, but it's still a creative movie,.

The Imitation Game

It was good, though I don't feel like it's a strong contender against Boyhood or Birdman for Best Picture. Still have to see Selma. Why do we have so many biopics this year?

Nabber said:
The Imitation Game

It was good, though I don't feel like it's a strong contender against Boyhood or Birdman for Best Picture. Still have to see Selma. Why do we have so many biopics this year?
Why? What else other than an Oscar?

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

I was entertained. Perhaps not as good as the first two movies, but it had several moments that had me laughing really hard (particularly the part where he meets the old security guards again and the part where he meets the pharaoh).

Mockingjay Part 1

Holy shit that Hanging tree/dam scene was intense. The large orchestra, the chorus of angry people rebelling, the people storming the dam. I love scenes like that.

Enemy

What the fuck? Seriously, what the fuck? That's either one of the most clever movies I've seen, or one of the most stupid. I want an explanation.

How to Train Your Dragon 2

Twas a very good film, and I enjoyed it, not sure if I preferred the first one though.

I didn't expect Toothless to challenge to become the alpha, but I did predict him being able to listen to Hiccup over the alpha as well as Stoic getting killed.

Uncle Deadly said:
How to Train Your Dragon 2

Twas a very good film, and I enjoyed it, not sure if I preferred the first one though.

I didn't expect Toothless to challenge to become the alpha, but I did predict him being able to listen to Hiccup over the alpha as well as Stoic getting killed.
i expected stoic to die as well
you can never have more than one parent alive in anything these days

The Great Dictator

It had a few good parts and a pretty great ending, but overall not very interesting.

Lakituthequick said:
Shrek the Third

In three languages.
Could you please explain to me why the movie is so bad? People keep saying it's the worst Dreamworks movie, but I don't know why.

Under the Skin

It certainly has the creepy factor going for it, but I didn't find it to be as good as many people have been saying it was.

EDIT: The Front

Predestination

It's hard for me to judge this one well, because --All You Zombies-- is one of my favorite short stories. The first half of the movie drones on a bit too long, but I think the movie still captures the magic of the short story well enough. And it's really well shot.

EDIT:

Selma

Powerful and unsettling. Also: is it really that hard to watch a movie without turning on your phone? I must have counted at least 7 phones go on during the movie. Someone did it multiple times, and put their brightness on maximum. Even though they were on the other side of the theater, it was impossible for me to not see it.

Back