What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Interstellar

Like seeing a completely different movie.

Nabber said:
Interstellar

Was it about giant robots transforming into cars?

That's not Interstellar, you've been fooled by Micheal Bay again.

Freakworld said:
Nabber said:
Interstellar

Was it about giant robots transforming into cars?

That's not Interstellar, you've been fooled by Micheal Bay again.

worst post in the history of this message board

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I also found out that the tongue flick David Tennant does as Crouch Jr was improvised...

I didn't even realize Robert Pattinson was in that movie until after I watched Twilight.

And to be honest I don't even dislike him in that movie.

anyway comments on seeing interstellar a second time and on seeing it in digital vs film (spoilers, obviously)

-dr mann's explosion of the endurance is still really shocking, even though i knew it was coming. that whole scene is just done so well i still jumped out of my seat

-the movie's quality was definitely a lot clearer, both in visuals and audio, in 70mm imax. i understand now why people were complaining about the sound mix, because a lot of parts that were clear in the 70mm showing were impossible to hear in the digital showing (but i didn't think it was anything to complain about). the one part i just couldn't make out was when murph runs out to hug tom and is like "i did it! i found the quantum datas!!!" and even though you could hear that in the 70mm version it was just completely muffled digitally

-the seats merely jittered a little bit. in 70mm imax they full on shook and rattled

-a lot of shots lost a lot of their impact in digital. they were still good shots, but man, seeing them on such a small screen definitely is disappointing

-this isn't really that great of a movie for rewatching. there are some really great parts, but the movie is so dialogue and plot heavy that it loses a lot of its impact on rewatch, whereas i can keep watching inception over and over.

-for fuck's sake, do people even listen to that ad that says "don't use your cell phone"? i counted at least four phones being used during the showing. this group of teenagers in front of me were sharing instagram photos and talking and crackling plastic and going in and out of the theater half of the time. seriously, shut up. i came here to watch a movie, not listen to you socialize

-the person to my left seemed to keep explaining the movie to his daughter, i guess. he was whispering quiet enough that i couldn't really hear what he was saying, but i could hear him

-the guy who was in the bathroom with me didn't wash his hands. disgusting

-do not go gentle into that goodnight

-i didn't really find the movie too long, though. i know everyone complains about it being too long but i didn't notice it

Frozen

I actually really enjoyed it. Surprising I know.

Lucina said:
Frozen

I actually really enjoyed it. Surprising I know.
I liked it, but...
To quote Bowler Hat Guy, "DON'T let it go."

Freakworld said:
did they kill kim jong-un?

Yes, but the focus of the movie is on disrupting the "cult of personality" (i.e. forcing the North Korean people to see Kim Jong Un the man as opposed to Kim Jong Un the government-sponsored god).

Nabber said:
how was it?

It's not great by any means, but it's not completely terrible. I'll never watch it again, though.

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

Not particularly groanworthy, but not very interesting either. And the ending was awful.

guardians of the galaxy

second time watching it, even more enjoyable then the first time.

Truely the best super hero movie.

Nabber said:

Not particularly groanworthy, but not very interesting either. And the ending was awful.

How are Williams and Rooney?

Mario4Ever said:
Nabber said:

How are Williams and Rooney?
rooney's barely in the movie

williams is as he's always been in the night at the museum movies, i guess. i don't really remember the other ones too well but it felt like he wasn't as prominent as before. still, it's nice to see him on screen

Ip Man

well i guess with guardians of the galaxy and ip man it proves that my movie urges are not completely dead.

Although not sure if ill ever encounter another movie as good as those two.

supermariofan said:
A musical by the director of Chicago and starring Meryl Streep? It must be Oscar season!

In the original musical, Rupunzel has more to do. Her arc in the movie seems abrupt because she originally gets killed by the giant. It's a shame her death was cut because it really makes some of the witch's later scenes all the more powerful.

Back