What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

The Book of Life

It's so gorgeous and enthusiastic, which is why it's a real shame the story and characters don't hold up very well. I mean, the first act took up half the movie.

why can't you put birdman on a list of 2014 movies?

but yeah i agree birdman was my #2 favorite movie this year, right after boyhood

oh, your youtube list

i don't think i saw that

well let me know what you think of whiplash

(also i think you said in your review that birdman was made in 1 take? it wasn't, it was just edited together to look like 1 take)

The Lego Movie

first movie I've watched in ages, really enjoyed it.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Wow, I think that's the closest I've ever come to full-on crying from a movie, and from Fincher of all people. Still, I liked it the least of all the Fincher movies I've seen. felt too much like it was trying to be Forrest Gump

edit: i just found out the writer also wrote forrest gump. that explains so much

edit 2: i just found out that the DoP on this did Life of Pi and is currently filming tomorrowland. that's fantastic

I just found out that the voice of Stanley (Dom DeLuise) was originally going to voice a cut character named Ernie in The Brave Little Toaster. Neat.

So this movie is produced by famed horror movie producer Jason Blum, well this definitely scared the shit out of me and it's not even a horror movie

yeah when i see whiplash again i'll probably put it at #3 on my top 2014 movies

man, that final scene is probably the best scene in film of the whole year

I went to see Into the Woods with a friend and WOW that was way better than I was expecting. Meryl Streep was amazing in it!!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movie 1: Beginnings

I haven't watched madoka in ages and I felt like I should get back up to speed before watching Rebellion. Homura best magic girl. I'm gonna watch 2 tonight, hopefully the buffering wasn't as janky as it was last night. I knows it's 720p but there was no pattern to it, sometimes it would load 30 minutes and other times it would load 30 seconds. Then it crashed four times at the end.

Back