What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

The Skeleton Twins

Surprise hit. Good performances, powerful script, and except for one scene, well-shot. Very interesting characters and situations.

supermariofan said:
The Doctor said:
The Hobbit BOTFA
Really enjoyed , I have enjoyed the hobbit films not as great as LOTR but pretty good

I loved the bit at the end where Bilbo gets a knock on the door from Gandalf, a good way to end it

Shame there won't be anymore middle earth.
Unless someone remakes these movies

I feel it's one those films that shouldn't be remade.

supermariofan said:
The Doctor said:
The Hobbit BOTFA
Really enjoyed , I have enjoyed the hobbit films not as great as LOTR but pretty good

I loved the bit at the end where Bilbo gets a knock on the door from Gandalf, a good way to end it

Unless someone remakes these movies
ugh no

I felt they didn't show enough of Dain ,and they didn't explain that he becomes king under mountain but I'm sure they'll show that in the extended version.

The Wolf Of Wall Wall Street
pretty fucking great

also I saw some of a very Harold and kumar christmas
good stuff as usual

How to Train Your Dragon.

Still a brilliant movie. I really need to see the sequel.

The Doctor said:
The Hobbit BOTFA

Actually...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silmarillion

Probably gonna have to give Jackson another 8 years

supermariofan said:
The Doctor said:
The Hobbit BOTFA

Actually...

Jackson used some of the simarrilion to assist the plot of the Hobbit films, as a whole length movie I don't think the silmarillion would work.

Worst to best animated movies I've seen recently:
The Lion King II: The animation was good. Everything about Zira was good. Everything else is crap.
Pocahontas: This movie was just boring to watch. It also had some VERY overrated songs (Colors of the Wind). But I won't deny that the animation was gorgeous.
Anastasia: Although it reeks of Disneyfication, it was still a good movie. Good animation, good characters, and the story at least kept me going. But seriously, you do NOT make a decaying corpse comic relief.
The Prince of Egypt: This was a really sophisticated movie. It was somewhat emotional (screw the Rotten Tomatoes consensus), a really sympathetic villain (who I won't spoil) and lastly, AMAZING songs.

Fat Mario said:
The Lion King II: The animation was good. Everything about Zira was good. Everything else is crap.

Disney has always had crap sequels

The Meta Knight Before Christmas said:
Fat Mario said:

Disney has always had crap sequels
And to think this is supposed to be one of the better ones!

Total Recall (2012)

I don't know the original movie but yeah was pretty enjoyable.

I didn't know Bryan Cranston was in that movie.

Bryan Cranston for the fucking win.

Big Hero 6

my friends made me go to this a second time and it allowed me to discover even more inconsistencies in the movie

Nabber said:
Big Hero 6

my friends made me go to this a second time and it allowed me to discover even more inconsistencies in the movie
What inconsistencies? I would like to hear.

inconsistencies in small details
like how baymax loses his battery just once, but never again
how he recharges in a matter of seconds
how tadashi's baseball hat shows up on his bed even though it wasn't there before
how tadashi dies even though he should have only been severely injured by the explosion
how honey lemon peeks through a door at the teleporter and says "hey guys look at this" even though she wouldn't have been able to see anything from her position in the room
how baymax is shown as being rather slow, but exists the house in a matter of seconds
how baymax says "you have to wait an hour after eating to swim" but hiro hasn't eaten anything
how the rest of the team manages to get back into hiro's garage only a few minutes after hiro gets there despite being left on the island
how baymax appears in hiro's home even though he should have been destroyed in the explosion
i also noticed a large amount of lines were repeated, and the plot still doesn't make sense to me

supermariofan said:
The Doctor said:
The Hobbit BOTFA

Actually...

personally I doubt it'll ever happen because the Tolkien Estate isn't likely to sell the rights for it

Kotori Minami said:
supermariofan said:
The Doctor said:
The Hobbit BOTFA

Actually...

personally I doubt it'll ever happen because the Tolkien Estate isn't likely to sell the rights for it
I also noticed the majority of people hate those books

Hugo

I didn't know the moon had a face

also the special effects of that guy's movies are SO 1905.

...Wait they were supposed to be that old weren't they.

Freakworld said:
Hugo

he's a real person who revolutionized the film industry

that movie is a trip to the moon, one of the most famous early movies

(that train crash in hugo's dream really happened, too)

Nabber said:
Freakworld said:
Hugo

he's a real person who revolutionized the film industry

that movie is a trip to the moon, one of the most famous early movies

(that train crash in hugo's dream really happened, too)

I was joking I've actually seen that one because they've for some reason shown it (along with a brief documentary) on a tv channel before.

Back