Nabber said:
okay but:

star wars vii and the hateful eight will both be in 70mm imax

tomorrowland will probably be in 70mm imax

bond 24 may also be in 70mm imax

i'm ready for 70mm imax 2015
I doubt a Tarentino movie would be in imax
dude he already said he was filming in 70mm

i mean, he's tarantino. he's one of the biggest advocates of film in the industry. of course he'd film it in imax
Vaporeon said:
Nabber said:
okay but:

star wars vii and the hateful eight will both be in 70mm imax

tomorrowland will probably be in 70mm imax

bond 24 may also be in 70mm imax

i'm ready for 70mm imax 2015
70mm?
70mm IMAX, which is the real IMAX format. most imax theaters are actually fake theaters, which move the screen closer to you so that it appears larger; 70mm imax theaters play the actual imax film format, which is project onto a screen around 70 feet tall in the highest resolution available today (the digital equivalent of its resolution is about 18k)

it's somewhat hard to use imax 70mm, so not many movies actually use it. movies that have parts in imax 70mm include catching fire, the dark knight, the dark knight rises, mission impossible 4, and interstellar
G99xLUu.jpg

Oh, I see now.

I have so many fake IMAX theatres around an hour away...
EDIT: by that I mean there's a part in the theatre with one screen and the rest are normal screens

digital imax (or LIEMax) is still better than normal theaters, but not necessarily worth the surcharge. the screen is actually about 5 feet larger than regular screens; what they do is remove some of the seats so they can move the screen closer to everyone else, making it seem larger. apparently this is cheaper than making real imax film theaters, so that's why they're so commonplace

Especially for someone like me, I have really sensitive ears. I was dragged to one every month and got kinda sick of it. So when I politely declined after 2 years, my mom bitched about it.

wat

yeah my ears are pretty sensitive

when i went to see interstellar the sound was so loud it literally shook our seats

i brought cotton to put in my ears but i didn't end up using it

Whenever our home American Football team (Seattle Seahawks) have a home game, the 12th Man always shakes things up. Last year it caused a 1.2 earthquake.

Not really a movie but I did watch them play against the 49ers.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

The first hour was kinda boring, but the second hour was excellent.

supermariofan said:
Fault in our Stars, Beyond the Lights. Man 2014 is quite a year for romance movies. And now we have one about the God of science
bah, he's got nothing on newton and einstein

Reservoir Dogs

Eh, I found it kinda underwhelming for Tarantino. I guess I should have expected I wouldn't be so thrilled with this because I didn't like Pulp Fiction.

The Prince of Egypt
It was a good movie, but a flawed one at that. The songs were really good, and it was pretty sophisticated, but the animation style just didn't do it for me. And the major problem I have with this movie was that we were supposed to root for God, and not the villain (who I won't spoil), but the aforementioned villain was actually really sympathetic, but you can't identity with God because he's all snappy. On the bright side, they nailed how he acts in the Old Testament.

How come there are actors that I'm a big fan of yet I don't particularly like certain movies everyone thinks of when they think of these actors?

Robert Downey Jr is one of my favorite actors! Don't really care much for Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes

Hugh Jackman is fantastic! X-Men is meh

Matt Damon is great! Not so much into Bourne and Good Will Hunting

Now let's talk about this franchise starring JLaw!

supermariofan said:
How come there are actors that I'm a big fan of yet I don't particularly like certain movies everyone thinks of when they think of these actors?

Robert Downey Jr is one of my favorite actors! Don't really care much for Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes

what about russell crowe

Javelin said:
supermariofan said:

what about russell crowe
He's a terrific actor, hell I didn't think he was that bad in Les Miserables

oh ok cool

i'm glad to have met someone who understands the true greatness of russell crowe

though his best movie will always be master and commander: the far side of the world

Javelin said:
that was not his best performance, to be sure, but it was passable
He wasn't the best singer in that movie but I thought he did fine, Eddie Redmayne however...Well at least his role as Stephen Hawking made up for it

Javelin said:
oh ok cool

i'm glad to have met someone who understands the true greatness of russell crowe

though his best movie will always be master and commander: the far side of the world

honestly every movie ive seen russel crowe in, even the ones i dont remember quite well, he's done pretty well.

Although ive heard of master and commander before, maybe i should see that to revive my movie interest.

tbh i have never really been that good at noticing acting

partly because the goal of the actor is to not make you notice that they're acting

Back