What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Back to the Future Part 2 and 3

Both pretty good. The whole trilogy is great though I'd say the first one is my favourite.

Hocus Pocus

Good Halloween film.

Yoshidude99 said:
Back to the Future Part 2 and 3

Both pretty good. The whole trilogy is great though I'd say the first one is my favourite.

2 beats 1 and 3 but not by much.

youre basically talking with the guy who thinks Bttf 2 is the best movie ever made (no bias), so that woulc explain my opinion.

Yoshidude99 said:
Well Bttf 2 is still a great film. What do you think about Bttf 3?

it was meh compared to the first two but still great and a worthy finale

tbh it was more like the first but i like 1955 more than the wild west

Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

Diancie sounds cute, but the whole acting like a proper princess thing got on my nerves real quick, but that's not really Diancie's fault.

Team Rocket being their usual useless comedic selves per usual.

I liked having multiple villains (so to speak) antagonizing Ash and Diancie while also fighting each other.

Funny, I liked Inception's score better. I liked Inception better in general (I think it's the best Nolan movie), but I still loved Interstellar. Did you see it in IMAX, or IMAX 70mm? Also, you haven't seen Batman Begins? You're missing out. The ending isn't so great, but the first hour is fantastic.

The Wind Rises

I didn't like it when I first saw it in theaters, but now I think it's a wonderful final movie for Miyazaki.

Nabber said:
Funny, I liked Inception's score better. I liked Inception better in general (I think it's the best Nolan movie), but I still loved Interstellar. Did you see it in IMAX, or IMAX 70mm? Also, you haven't seen Batman Begins? You're missing out. The ending isn't so great, but the first hour is fantastic.

The Wind Rises

I didn't like it when I first saw it in theaters, but now I think it's a wonderful final movie for Miyazaki.
I saw it in imax man

Whiplash

Wonderful performances and very well-shot. I loved Damien Chazelle's direction and I'll be sure to keep a watch on him as a director. The story itself wasn't too great - I felt they never really went that deep into it - but it was good enough.

That said the audience was the worst audience I've ever been with. Almost all senior citizens who wouldn't shut up and restating things that were happening on screen. When a clock on screen read 2AM, everyone echoed "Hmm, yes, 2AM". A cell phone went off at one point too. Never have I been more distracted, and I've gone to movies with my schoolmates, so that's saying something.

Nabber said:
Whiplash

Wonderful performances and very well-shot. I loved Damien Chazelle's direction and I'll be sure to keep a watch on him as a director. The story itself wasn't too great - I felt they never really went that deep into it - but it was good enough.

That said the audience was the worst audience I've ever been with. Almost all senior citizens who wouldn't shut up and restating things that were happening on screen. When a clock on screen read 2AM, everyone echoed "Hmm, yes, 2AM". A cell phone went off at one point too. Never have I been more distracted, and I've gone to movies with my schoolmates, so that's saying something.
You think that's bad, when we went to see Frozen, there was a little girl in the theater and she wouldn't stop crying she was so loud!

Nabber said:
Whiplash

Don't go watch a movie together with me then I'm one of those people who can't shut up about the movie they're watching.

it's one thing if you're watching a movie at home

but when you go to a movie theater, you're sitting in a room with a group of people who have come here for the purpose of watching a movie. and maybe eating popcorn. if you're talking, you're ruining the experience for other people

Nabber said:
if you're talking, you're ruining the experience for other people

Depends on the movie actually, and if I'm alone or not.

But yeah happens most of the time even though I mostly try to whisper.

I would be so happy if they kicked the people who talk out of theater that I go to

I remember when I was watching The Lego Movie we were watching the trailer for Amazing Spider Man 2 there was a little kid behind us and he was geek in out at everything in that trailer

People talking in the trailers and credits don't count, but yeah, I hate it when folks at the movies won't shut up (except for loling at appropriate parts and whatnot - that's coo').

Big Hero Six

Using technology as super powers is always a fun time, and the masked dude was nicely sinister at first, what with the silent determination to kill the very likeable main cast, although once they said it was Krei, it was obvious who it really was by process of elimination (since it couldn't be Krei: his nose is too big to fit under the mask, for one thing). Other than that and Baymax staying Baymax even after taking his chip out at the end, it was good film. Lots of lol moments and great action scenes; I'd definitely be happy to see the team back for some sequels.

The Dark Knight Rises

Not as bad as I thought it would be, but way worse than The Dark Knight.

Also I've noticed Joseph Gordon-Levitt looks a lot like Heath Ledger (at least to me).

Back