What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Dr. Javelin said:
if you want to know anything, just ask me - i know sc fairly well (having lived here for four, five years)
what are the babes like in Carolina jav

watched the 1996 Romeo and Juliet in class today
...I think it just confused most people rather than helped them

IcicleRain said:
Dr. Javelin said:
if you want to know anything, just ask me - i know sc fairly well (having lived here for four, five years)
what are the babes like in Carolina jav
uh, about the same as in georgia i guess. idk

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I think it's really better than the first two films in about every way. Music, effects, everything. I am kind of miffed though that they skipped the Quidditch final.

The Matrix

Great film. Favourite quote was "Were you listening to me Neo? Or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?"

Guardians of the Galaxy

Very good film[/understatement], highly recommend it.

Duskull said:
Guardians of the Galaxy

Very good film[/understatement], highly recommend it.

I watched it

It was ok

The Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie

What can I say? Does it hold up to the webshow? Yes.
Does it surpass it? Not quite.
However you can see much of the spirit of James' (Cinnemassacre's) older works in this movie (as it's equally low-budget and some of the effects are hilariously bad), and the humor at points is just downright some of the best I've ever seen in a movie.

Rest is in spoilers:

In the second half of the movie he meets a real Alien, and boy is that dude great (has some of the best sarcastic lines). Also there is a fucking Godzilla ripoff with japanese subtitles trying to destroy the world.

Also whoever did the OST did a fucking great job. He somehow managed to sneak the AVGN theme and parts of Megaman 2's Dr. Wily's Castle (I've heard at least two snippets out of it) at numerous points in the movie.

Not to mention all the cameo appearences in the movie by Mike Matei, Kyle Justin, Pat the NES Punk, The Nostalgia Critic, and and and.

He had to change/cut the names of everything mentioned in the movie (Except for Atari and Smart, guess they got some product placements in), which means ET got made Eee Tee, GameStop is now GameCops, etc. Srsly though that's just nitpicking, everybody knows what's meant.

Overall 10/10 fulfilled my expectations, which were best movie I've seen this year yet.

Oh, and

There's basically a full review of ET in the end credits. <3

Seen a couple of films

Jackass presents: Bad Grandpa
It was pretty funny.

Transformers
I'd heard there is a lot of hate for this franchise on the internet but I enjoyed it. The plot was ok but the action scenes where the highlights.

The Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions
Amazing like the first one and together I would say the Matrix trilogy is one of the best movie trilogies IMO.
though I wasn't happy that they killed off Trinity in Revolutions. She's one of the best characters.
My favourite is Matrix Reloaded.

Yoshidude99 said:
The Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions
Amazing like the first one and together I would say the Matrix trilogy is one of the best movie trilogies IMO.
though I wasn't happy that they killed off Trinity in Revolutions. She's one of the best characters.
My favourite is Matrix Reloaded.

Meh I thought the first movie was pretty brilliant, although the one single point from where the entire series went down was the end of the first Matrix where Neo just flew off.

I mean wtf? It reminded me of Grease in a sick way (not that I'd ever watch that *cough*)

Still kudos to reloaded for that awesome motorcycle chase scene.

i've only seen the matrix, and while i think it's good, it's pretty overrated. i'd think it'd be a lot better if they had more ideas instead of just resorting to action in the end. granted, the action scenes are incredibly cool, but when you have such a clever concept, it's a real shame to throw it away for the last half hour of the movie

i don't really know what you want out of the idea, i mean they already managed to blur the line between reality and computer reality pretty well. i just don't really see what else you wanted them to do with the story

the action was top-notch, the characters were enjoyable, and the story was good. i don't really see the problem

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Um... er... what?

Anna said:
i don't really know what you want out of the idea, i mean they already managed to blur the line between reality and computer reality pretty well. i just don't really see what else you wanted them to do with the story

the action was top-notch, the characters were enjoyable, and the story was good. i don't really see the problem
tbh agent smith was really the only good character in the movie

basically, it felt like the whole idea of the matrix was just set-up for the action scenes, instead of the other way around. it's enjoyable, but it's a waste of such good imagination.

what about morpheus? he was a good character and one of the best "mentor" characters in fiction

admittedly trinity and neo weren't the best but they were at least decent

Back