What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

海巳慧琉 said:
I honestly feel like the casting of the last airbender film should be regarded as racist

Well...yes and no...

Yeah, there was no need to whitewash all the heroes. I also have no idea why the entire Fire Nation is an entirely different race than the way they were portrayed in the show. In the show, the fire nation seemed very rooted in Japanese culture..

GalacticPetey said:
Yeah, there was no need to whitewash all the heroes. I also have no idea why the entire Fire Nation is an entirely different race than the way they were portrayed in the show. In the show, the fire nation seemed very rooted in Japanese culture..

They're Indian here.

I don't think they're RACIST per se, but they got all the supposed races mixed up

Yes, it's very easy to mix up two characters from a civilization resembling the Inuits with two white kids from next door.

Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:

They're Indian here.

I don't think they're RACIST per se, but they got all the supposed races mixed up
when you're making a movie, you don't simply "mix up" things

everything in this movie is the result of poor management

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Yes, it's very easy to mix up two characters from a civilization resembling the Inuits with two white kids from next door.

The entire movie is a mess anyway, so don't get surprised at that

Baby Luigi said:
supermariofan said:
This may come as a shock for you guys but I still believe in Shyamalan, he's one of my favorite directors. while his recent movies are *bleep*, he made The Sixth Sense (which he was nominated for Best Director and Screenwriter), and Signs which are both great movies and I'm looking forward to his reunion with Bruce Willis in Labor of Love which sounds like it could be his big comeback.

After The Happening and The Last Airbender (ESPECIALLY The Last Airbender), I've lost all hope for him
Also he's reuniting with Bruce Willis next year so it should be good

is your edit button broken or something?

I think it's worth seeing for the creativity, but the actual narrative and... well, everything else about the movie isn't that great.

Hackmon said:
Oh shush I was reading about South Carolina and got typings mixed up.
wat

if you want to know anything, just ask me - i know sc fairly well (having lived here for four, five years)

Back