Mother 3 is on Switch Online! But only in Japan...

Lady

Inactive
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/Her
MarioWiki
Peachao
Yesterday, we got a very boring Direct. Nothing too special, but then I decided to watch the Japanese one and they got MOTHER 3! Nintendo, if you want people to buy your scam online service, then give us Mother 3! I've never been a huge Mother fan, but this is unacceptable.

Mother 3 is never going to be released outside Japan and Nintendo fans need to accept that fact lmao

Edit: Also if someone really cares this much, they can install the Japanese GBA NSO app just fine at no extra charge and play all the Mother 3 on their Switch all day long

Last edited:
I never knew there was a Mother 2 and 3, but at least the first one is available in North America...
Edit: I don't actually like this song (at all), it just came to mind when I saw this thread

Last edited:
Edit: Also if someone really cares this much, they can install the Japanese GBA NSO app just fine at no extra charge and play all the Mother 3 on their Switch all day long
you won't believe why non-japanese audiences want it localized in the first place

The pattern for games previously Japan only making it to Virtual Console/NSO since the Wii days is that it's either completely unaltered from it's original Japanese release or there was an localized version that was never officialy release till the opportunity arise, the reason Mother 3 wasn't localized because it was a text heavy game in a niche franchise on a console that was about to stop getting games altogether, for comparison, the less text heavy original GBA Rhythm Heaven also didn't get localized for the same reason

Simply put, going by this pattern, Mother 3 would never get on NSO outside of Japan, it's not a game where reading the text isn't important to the game, besides, Nintendo has never taken down the fan translation

you won't believe why non-japanese audiences want it localized in the first place
The fan translation for Mother 3 has been around for over 15 years now.

People who want to play Mother 3 in English have had the option to do so for 15 years, at this point it's entirely on you (general 'you' not you specifically) if you refuse to play it because you need everything to be 'official'.

The problem is that it isn't translated. If I knew Japanese, I would make a fan-translated version.
Fan translation already exists and has existed since 2008.

The fan translation for Mother 3 has been around for over 15 years now.

People who want to play Mother 3 in English have had the option to do so for 15 years, at this point it's entirely on you (general 'you' not you specifically) if you refuse to play it because you need everything to be 'official'.

Fan translation already exists and has existed since 2008.
Oh. I didn't know that.

Back