Grand Theft Auto 6 (Coming 2025)

Pink Cat

Not always pink, not always a cat
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
I wonder what kind of unfunny bigotry I mean 'hilarious' satire they'll have in this one.

God I have such a love/hate relationship with GTA. Love playing the games and just fucking around in them but also goddamn is so much of the 'satire' incredibly unfunny in GTA V. Hope they actually improve on it this time.

God I have such a love/hate relationship with GTA. Love playing the games and just fucking around in them but also goddamn is so much of the 'satire' incredibly unfunny in GTA V. Hope they actually improve on it this time.
Yeah the line between "satire" and just misogyny is very blurry. They don't actually have pro-feminist messages to go in tandem with the "satire" and whatnot so it just comes off as misogynistic and homophobic (they DID try address transphobia). I did play a LOT of GTA V too but it was mostly just playing as Mario and just taking a nice walk around the city and I get to mod out some billboards. I still found the satire mocking conspiracy theorists (Ron Jakowski) funny but it's not something you'll listen to more than one sitting. I also found the movie radio parody where I hear villains asking "Why aren't we speaking in Russian?" funny.

That being said, Rockstar did go through restructuring after the fallout with the abuse of its own workers (especially female ones) which, iirc, may have been the most drastic response I've seen a major studio undertake compared to the pitiful action from Ubis*ft and ActiBlizz so here's hoping this translates to more tasteful game writing.

GTA 6 better have a spoof LLV because holy crap are we seriously missing that driving around the city and just parked there while a mail carrier walks around and goes to people's houses (the PostOP truck just doesn't cut it, the collections guy drives something like that, not regular mailmen).

From the management side of things, I want two things
1. No crunch, in addition to just general treating employees poorly, it often comes to detriment of otherwise good games from Rockstar, see L.A Noir's boring map for example
2. Pay the voice actors fairly, it's ridiculous that a series this big has repeated complaints of underpay and apparently no royalties

I just hope it's fun.

2. Pay the voice actors fairly, it's ridiculous that a series this big has repeated complaints of underpay and apparently no royalties

Even the very small NPCs have a huge amount of voice lines and are just credited as "Local Population", no specific role.

Not much to go on it really. Looks pretty. Seems to be going for the "criminals with a heart" angle again for it's story. Instead of psychopath, rich midlife crisis douchebag and the third guy like last time.

rockstar being forced to release the trailer early because some rando on twitter leaked it will never not be funny

God now I miss GTA V more now.

Back