Are you addicted to games?

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
I don't play many games and don't play them much, but I don't know how addictive they are for the rest of the world. I'd like to ask how long do you play, if they have made you be in bad physical state, and if they have made you either unhappy or unproductive (be honest, please).

Last edited:
Well now that I don't really have much work to do on a day to day basis I'd say I typically play at least 2 hours a day, often more like 3-4.

I don't believe I've been addicted to video games at any point in my life or that they've made me unhappy or unproductive, and the sole time it's negatively affected my physical health was when I stayed up much too late playing and it messed with my sleep schedule for a couple weeks but no serious effects.

I choose to play video games a lot because I really, really enjoy them and they're a big part of my life but I'm pretty sure I'm not unhealthily dependent on them or that I have uncontrollable urges to play video games that interferes with my health or productivity.

I don't play many games and don't play them much, but I don't know how addictive they are for the rest of the world. I'd like to ask how long do you play, if they have made you be in bad physical state, and if they have made you either unhappy or unproductive (be honest, please).

I only play like an hour a day or something, it's basically just a casual hobby. I've sure spent a lot of money on games and stuff over the years, but it's all in the name of fun, and now I'm starting to slow down on spending a bit now that I have stuff to save up for like a car and college. Work and school come first, then if I feel like it play some games. My friend has like an evil lair of pc gaming in his basement tho and literally just plays Geometry Dash as his one game (for hours and hours) I mean he's really nice but not sure if it's healthy to play that long. If you have physical activity to displace it tho then ok

When I was younger, I used video games as a crutch to cope with my neurodivergence and loneliness. Nowadays, I barely find time for them, even though I work in games. Some days, after finishing my hours, I don't want to be near another screen.

Everyone who knows me personally knows I love video games so it's no secret.

I am not addicted to games. But, I have been addicted to games in the past. There was one point in my life where I did not sleep for maybe two consecutive days and I played Pocket Monsters LeafGreen on the computer. I had an addiction problem related to YouTube and some videogames. Fortunately, those problems have gone away. I used to play Game Boy Colour/Game Boy Advance/Game Boy/fan-made videogames on my computer for hours and sometimes I did not sleep enough because I was addicted to the videogames on the computer. Fortunately, I do not do these things anymore. Most of the videogames were related to Pocket Monsters, like the fan-made ones and Pocket Monsters Red, Pocket Monsters Yellow, Pocket Monsters Silver, Pocket Monsters Gold, Pocket Monsters Crystal, Pocket Monsters Emerald.

Back