Mario Galaxy 2 is a grind

Wonky

Goomba
It was fun at first but now even finishing it feels like such a grind. The first one had amazing pacing but Mario Galaxy 2 near the end gets so repetitive and grindy. Such a mixed bag.

Yeah I really hated the Green Star missions. I remembered they played the alarm sound about a green star in every single damn level in the game and it was annoying.

Every time I see this thread, I keep reminding myself that Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is the real grind
MLSSBMBeanbeanMachine.jpg

Let that sink in.

I must be the only person who actually liked the Green Stars from Galaxy 2. I remember that in all of my subsequent playthroughs of the game, I would always look forward to unlocking these missions.

What I liked about these stars is that unlike the regular stars, these required exploration to find and not just getting to the end of the level or beating a boss. They weren't linear, and they reminded me a lot of Super Mario 64's stars. If I remember correctly, you can collect certain Green Stars even if you selected a different mission from the menu. This is similar to Super Mario 64 where you can collect almost any Power Star in the level regardless of which one you select when starting the level.

I mean, come on. It certainly can't be worse than Galaxy 1 making you beat the whole game a second time, just with a different character. You're literally doing the same thing twice, at least Galaxy 2 has something different for the post game.

But I will agree that some Green Stars sucked, especially that one from Flipsville.

Back