What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Shenmue

Fuck shitty voice acting and shitty emulators.

I got a flawless emulator and a patched version with the original japanese voices and english subs.

:thumbsup:

(in all honesty im pretty sure theres gonna be rereleases of shenmue 1 and 2 at one point or another so ill get them then, didnt want to bother getting a dreamcast/xbox just for playing this)

Disgaea DS

I'll play some more later. I think I'll wait until Laharl builds a bit of mana then give him a Healer pupil. I'll make a Brawler and Warrior so I can get a Rogue and Ninja later.

Pokemon HeartGold

The Kimono Sisters were a lot easier when I restocked my items before fighting. Last time I died when Vaporeon had a sliver of health left. I had to re-do it because my DS froze, I went and got Aerial Ace for Scizor. So far, only Heracross and Scizor are really useful. They'll probably have to carry me through the elite four. Ariados, Butterfree and Yanmega just die in one hit and do garbage damage lol. Butterfree will probably still be useful with sleep powder and her special defense being ok.

Left 4 Dead 2

Just finished a second mod in a row, I don't know why I blurt these out all at once and then go to a dormant period.

Fire Emblem Fates: takumi is hella pissed edition

Honestly I regret choosing casual because I probably wouldn't have been able to cheese my way through some of the last few chapters had I done classic

I actually had to redo Chapter 9 because my strategy fucking sucked. Everyone died except Azura, Niles, Odin, and Elise and I just gave up lol. First time that's happened to me in a Fire Emblem game in...ever actually. crazy

Second go, I had Corrin go by herself to Nyx, kept Silas with the others to defeat the Hoshidans at the entrance, then I sent Elise, Niles, and Odin off to the side to get the chest and the others through the front door. Got back to Corrin and Nyx, paired Effie with Arthur and had her absorb most of the spears/arrows towards the middle before having Azura drench them in acid. The rest of the map was a breeze.

I liked this Chapter a lot because we get to play as Solid Azura in Metal Gear Emblem

Moving on, even though I'm playing Casual, Chapter 10 was an absolute nightmare. Honestly held up pretty well unit-wise until Silas finally succumbed to all of the clubs towards the left, Takumi activated That Fucking Dragon Vein and Oboro began to wreck shit. Thank Christ for Niles otherwise those Pegasus Knights would've probably cost me the chapter in one more turn. this chapter was a lesson in keeping vulneraries handy at all times in case Jakob is surrounded by pegasus knights and is too busy fending them off with stale bread to heal you

All I can say about Chapter 11 is that I want Counter Azama and that this route has made me miss him and Setsuna so much. fUCK that room of lunge ninjas though, I reset because Niles died before I could get the chests and sent Effie to wreck shit instead like I should've in the first place. *clink* 0 dmg *switch* *clink* 0 dmg *switch* *clink* 0 dmg *switch*

Chapter 12 was an excellent chapter with an interesting gimmick, the only downside is that Dragon Vein which turns the whole map into luck city. Again, fuck ninjas, because thanks to them and that Poison Strike ability, Corrin was the ONLY unit that died and so I had to kill Ryoma instead. Surprised that Effie was able to take him out in one hit tho.

Chapter 13 was brutal both story-wise and gameplay-wise. Again, Effie saves the day, but damn, everyone died because my defensive strategy was compromised thanks to having that one outlaw appear on the map so it was suddenly a mad rush to off him before he got to the first village. Reina continues to be the most off-putting character ever and her calvary plus Orochi's mages just fucked me up so much that by the time the reinforcements arrived, the only four units I had left were Jakob, Charlotte (good character btw), Benny and Effie (notice how she seems to be my Ryoma in this game) and through sheer bulk managed to clear the rest of the map.

Look, I was on board with the whole "we can be aggressively NICE people" Corrin trying to bring about change story, but fuck I hate Nohr so much with Garon/Iago/Hans. The ending to Chapter 13 was needlessly sad (poor Scarlet...I married her in birthright because it was either her or Reina, and Reina is Reina, so hearing that she was brutally murdered wasn't nice) and Corrin honestly turns into such a wimp after that. if I was Corrin I would've chased after Angry Takumi regardless of whether he'd shoot me in the arse with a light arrow or not

above all else, I can't decide whether i want to marry Odin, Jakob, Laslow or Arthur dammit

he does have the best lines and that personal skill is amazing

also I just played the Before Awakening DLC again but with my Nohr save-file

i didn't expect there to be a conversation between Jakob and Frederick, holy shit i didn't know how much i wanted this

Jakob: All through the night, I make sure that my lord's/lady's rooms are the ideal temperature. Too cold and I add another log to the fire. Too hot and I will quietly crack a window. I do this every night.
Frederick: Hah, you still do that? I overcame the need to monitor milord's room years ago. I did so by engineering windows that would crack themselves if a room grew too warm. I also personally chop the logs used in Chrom's fire. The size is never insufficient in providing warmth. They are also pleasing to the eye.
Jakob: ...
Frederick: ...
Jakob: That's a really good idea, actually.
Frederick: Thank you. That's kind of you to say.
Jakob: I'm not sure how I feel about your liege yet, but I think we'll get along fine.
Frederick: I also feel a sort of kinship with you now. You are the first person I've met that I can call my equal. If this wasn't a battlefield, I'd be compelled to continue this conversation.

you can also have a discussion between odin and lissa

also between ophelia and lissa

ALSO caeldori and chrom

Threek said:
you can also have a discussion between odin and lissa

also between ophelia and lissa

ALSO caeldori and chrom
yes that one happened as well but i found the jakob/frederick one much more hilarious because it was so unexpected and yet makes so much sense. didn't know about the others tho, that's pretty neat

also the wiki page says there's one between selena and chrom and laslow and chrom and they're both really sweet

but yeah i think i'm gonna marry odin because my Mag+ boost will probably benefit Ophelia the most. whynot.jpg

Went to Beta Bar and played Jenga, Smash, Gangbeasts, some arcade game with Nick Fury and broken buttons, and Rock Band 4. Livin' on a Prayer went off and we were fantastic :b

Pokemon HeartGold

Ho-oh vs. A bunch of bugs. Ariados came through for the first time ever, Sucker Punch was the only move I had that went first. Yanmega did most of the damage though, with AncientPower. Three of those brought it down to yellow. Everyone died in one hit.

GBAToad said:
he does have the best lines and that personal skill is amazing

also I just played the Before Awakening DLC again but with my Nohr save-file

i didn't expect there to be a conversation between Jakob and Frederick, holy shit i didn't know how much i wanted this

Jakob: All through the night, I make sure that my lord's/lady's rooms are the ideal temperature. Too cold and I add another log to the fire. Too hot and I will quietly crack a window. I do this every night.
Frederick: Hah, you still do that? I overcame the need to monitor milord's room years ago. I did so by engineering windows that would crack themselves if a room grew too warm. I also personally chop the logs used in Chrom's fire. The size is never insufficient in providing warmth. They are also pleasing to the eye.
Jakob: ...
Frederick: ...
Jakob: That's a really good idea, actually.
Frederick: Thank you. That's kind of you to say.
Jakob: I'm not sure how I feel about your liege yet, but I think we'll get along fine.
Frederick: I also feel a sort of kinship with you now. You are the first person I've met that I can call my equal. If this wasn't a battlefield, I'd be compelled to continue this conversation.

In the Japanese version Jakob calls Frederick a son of a bitch, lol

CTGP Revolution.

I noticed that the French version of the game is actually the Canadian French version of MKWii, which has a couple of differences compared to the European French version (for example, 'Koopa' is called 'Koopa Troopa', Rosalina still calls Rosalina, some vehicles, races/arenas and even texts are different, and every accented words in all caps (like 'terminé') still shows the accent, unlike the NOE French version.

(Probably because it's much less 'easy' to write a capital E (for example) with accents on a French AZERTY keyboard (this was fixed on the Belgian AZERTY keyboard and the Canadian French QWERTY keyboard) )

Bravely Second

ok Diamate(sp?) has got to be the most annoying boss i've encountered since the Demise from Skyward Sword. took me like three straight hours of playing to beat the sucker ffs, and even then I basically just lucked out

that aside, I find it to be pretty swell that Yew and the others were able to convince the empire to give up their scheme, as opposed to "time to die for going against us you motherfuckers."

Anne backstabing the Kaiser didn't surprise me due to the fact that she had already mentioned having another master and she's similar to Airy, who was also a traitor. I did not however, except Caldisia to randomly show up out of nowhere. honesty I thought the developers had cut it due to 3DS limitations lol. now I really want to find out what caused the characters to forget about it. i'm also very curious as to wtf Anne's doing now that the Baa'l has been defeated and her pendant's been rekt. thankfully I don't think that i'll have to wait too long for the answers since it looks like i'm on the last chapter

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

picked this up because the nfc reader bundle was on sale, also got a single pack of cards with it

such a cozy game, i just decorated a school and it was nice
two downsides tho:
- you can't take more than one photo of a house
- you can't move furniture once you've completed a house so if, say, your teacher's desk is around the wrong way then the teacher villager will always stand the wrong way

Fire Emblem: who WAS that singer? also has anyone seen azura? edition

between birthright and conquest i actually prefer birthright's take on this level.

such a FUCK STATUS STAVES game, i just decorated the opera house with the blood of my units it was nice

GBAToad said:
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

picked this up because the nfc reader bundle was on sale, also got a single pack of cards with it

such a cozy game, i just decorated a school and it was nice
two downsides tho:
- you can't take more than one photo of a house
- you can't move furniture once you've completed a house so if, say, your teacher's desk is around the wrong way then the teacher villager will always stand the wrong way

Fire Emblem: who WAS that singer? also has anyone seen azura? edition

between birthright and conquest i actually prefer birthright's take on this level.

such a FUCK STATUS STAVES game, i just decorated the opera house with the blood of my units it was nice

If you hate status staves so much, you'll absolutely love Chapter 26's bullshit.

Splatoon

I hate Mahi Mahi in Rainmaker. Every damn battle I fall into the water at least once.

Mario Kart 8

Trying out an AI mod, woah that's insane difficulty.

Pokemon HeartGold

I'm gonna be about Level 40 by the time I fight the Elite Four. I decided to check what I'd be up against and Lance has a fucking Lv48 Aerodactyl. It was a good run. I should've ditched Ariados and/or Butterfree really early on, Yanmega hasn't really proven his worth either. 3-4 Pokemon is a good amount for a monotype, four only really works if you have two amazing ones to counter your weak link (Torkoal/Blaziken for Magcargo, Darmanitan/Chandelure for Simisear). or just have an Arcanine.

the binding of isaac afterbirth

still practicing with lilth, really like her, even more then samson, which is a shock, just need a bit more practice to catch up to my old skills to get to the cathedral and the chest and unlock new items, i guess after that its full throttle greed mode.

Undertale, Neutral, equipped with nothing but the bandage and stick the whole game. I didn't die once until I hit Mettaton EX, which took about ten tries. No better luck with Asgore so far.

Next I'm screwing with Flowey's Time Machine. Pacifist vs Sans, here I come.

Back