What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Overwatch gr8est vidyogam

Pokémon Platinum

I'm attempting to make some progress Pokédex wise, but I'm not having too much luck. I tried out a contest after nearly two years and I came second by a hair. It was pretty fun though.

All of my friends and classmates pressured me to start playing Overwatch, so I did that.

And I love smacking people in the face with my balls as Zenyatta

LN1 said:
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
I decided to just climb the Mechanical Tower first since I was kinda lacking in the major weapon glyphs that Arms Depot's boss is weak to, but I was good enough with the spells I had. Death seems to be rather resistant to physicals despite not resisting the Slash or Strike element, but doesn't have as much magical defense and is weak to Light.. Death took me quite a lot of tries to beat no damage, no Death Ring, no Dominus Agony. Well, maybe doing it with dual Nitescos and Rapidus Fio wasn't the best way to go about it, but it worked out eventually. Well, I guess my next destination is the Arms Depot. Oh boy.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Enjoying 8 player smash on all stages at the moment

Bravely Second

oh ok so apparently Anne is Airy's sister from Default (even though her appearence/design is quite different). I liked the bringing back of the "I see fire in those eyes" quote. although I really don't get why she obliterated (or teleported?) the moon.

anyways, using "divine" powers via switching save files and using Bravely Second to bring back the gang from the original save file in order to kick the Kaiser's ass was FANTASTIC.
I cannot stress how much I love the way BD/BS blends the world of Luxendarc with real life/breaks the fourth wall. really excited to see how the rest of the game goes (praying the second half of this doen't bring deja-vu to a whole new level like Default did)

Tales of Symphonia

I fought the final boss and beat him now while I'm still Level 70.

I'll reload my save since I still need to fill out some items in the collector's book, get the coliseum titles, fight the extra bosses and complete the figurine book. I need to give Colette Item Getter so that I can get all these enemy drops I'm missing as well.

Shovel Knight

I'm really digging the music

Pun unintentional

Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

Those godforsaken prize items make all the difference to 100% completion, there's literally no reason they need to be removed in Yoshi's Island DS.

Fire Emblem Fates

welp just finished Birthright

I think it was at the opera house that I thought Garon would be a dragon in the endgame, it was way too obvious. fire emblem sure does love its dragon final bosses huh.

honestly disappointed they reused the endless spawning sigils again but hey at least the map was better designed, if not somewhat pointless because Garon was dead in two turns

Re: Nohrian siblings
Camilla (1) and Leo's chapters were some of the best in terms of setting/gimmicks, Leo had far better character development than Camilla however (although Elise's comment about Camilla being depressed was kinda sad). Fuck Camilla's second chapter though, I managed to Ryoma through some parts of it for better or worse. Leo is a lil' shit but at least he'll be a better king in this timeline

Figured Elise would die since there wasn't a chapter about her, but still it was kind of sad.
Xander's chapter was way too easy imo, I feel the gimmick would've been handled much better had there NOT been a door right in front of my units. It would've been at least somewhat difficult if I had to keep Corrin alive from a distance until he could defeat Xander but lol no, Xander was dead in two turns.

Honestly the deaths were probably the saddest part of this route, aside from Flora's because suddenly bursting into flames will never not be ridiculous.

If this is the best story route then idk what's in store for the others because this was kinda mediocre
-- For no reason, Takumi and Ryoma go missing and the first half of the game is dedicated simply to FINDING them
-- The latter half of the game is charging through Nohr one village at a time, aside from the part where we're suddenly teleported to a magical castle to discover Corrin's sword is also magical, before going back to Nohr
-- The Elise reveal was unexpected, I'll give them that. What happened to her afterward was obvious.
-- Honestly preferred the latter half of the game to the first half. The ninja map was one of my Favourites, the fire waterfall was probably my least favourite

All in all good game
If anything, birthright made me appreciate the Nohrian characters, who I'm now going to play as.

GBAToad said:
Fire Emblem Fates

I think it was at the opera house that I thought Garon would be a dragon in the endgame, it was way too obvious. fire emblem sure does love its dragon final bosses huh.

honestly disappointed they reused the endless spawning sigils again but hey at least the map was better designed, if not somewhat pointless because Garon was dead in two turns

Camilla (1) and Leo's chapters were some of the best in terms of setting/gimmicks, Leo had far better character development than Camilla however (although Elise's comment about Camilla being depressed was kinda sad). Fuck Camilla's second chapter though, I managed to Ryoma through some parts of it for better or worse. Leo is a lil' shit but at least he'll be a better king in this timeline

Figured Elise would die since there wasn't a chapter about her, but still it was kind of sad.
Xander's chapter was way too easy imo, I feel the gimmick would've been handled much better had there NOT been a door right in front of my units. It would've been at least somewhat difficult if I had to keep Corrin alive from a distance until he could defeat Xander but lol no, Xander was dead in two turns.

Honestly the deaths were probably the saddest part of this route, aside from Flora's because suddenly bursting into flames will never not be ridiculous.

If this is the best story route then idk what's in store for the others because this was kinda mediocre
-- For no reason, Takumi and Ryoma go missing and the first half of the game is dedicated simply to FINDING them
-- The latter half of the game is charging through Nohr one village at a time, aside from the part where we're suddenly teleported to a magical castle to discover Corrin's sword is also magical, before going back to Nohr
-- The Elise reveal was unexpected, I'll give them that. What happened to her afterward was obvious.
-- Honestly preferred the latter half of the game to the first half. The ninja map was one of my Favourites, the fire waterfall was probably my least favourite

All in all good game
If anything, birthright made me appreciate the Nohrian characters, who I'm now going to play as.

The funny part of Xander's chapter for me was that I literally oneshotted him. One Dragon Fang was all it took. Also in Conquest, the door won't open unless you go through hell so it's harder to exploit.

Shenmue

"Did you see men in black suits driving in a black car that day? They had sunglasses."

"Play soccer with me!"

Star Wars: Battlefornt

played with brother, it's okay

Tales of Symphonia

Finding a Gentleman is rough. I remembered a good place to grind for Grade and also grind up my hard/mania encounters for the Berserker Title.

Sonja said:
GBAToad said:
Fire Emblem Fates

All in all good game

The funny part of Xander's chapter for me was that I literally oneshotted him. One Dragon Fang was all it took. Also in Conquest, the door won't open unless you go through hell so it's harder to exploit.
oh boy

Welp now I'm fem corrin and I'm gonna kill the lobster people

First off can I say how fucking amazing Arthur is like if it wasnt for that luck stat he'd be my insta-husbando

decided to go with +Mag/-Lck hard/casual and if it really does get too hard I will drop to normal

barely survived with all of my units in the Woods of the Forelorn and now I've got some extra exp with Mozu's chapter so hopefully that'll give me a slight advantage from here on out

Honestly gonna go into this with an open mind and see how bad story gets lol. Can't decide whether how the writers justified Corrin's decision to stick with Nohr was really stupid or not, but yeah battling the same characters I'd just spent the last week or so with hurt a bit

onto ice kingdom i mean ice tribe

Final Fantasy V

Decided to play some more on a regular file because I had beaten Omega but not Shinryu yet and I wanted to at least prove that to myself. Void is still the same deal as always; bosses that actually have pretty high health(as far as the SNES can handle it anyway) but get killed quickly anyway because of things like Haste, X-Fight, and some fairly strong weapons and spells. Anyway, Shinryu did take a few attempts. I fought Shinryu very brutely overall since Shinryu fights kind of differently from Omega. Shinryu's attacks are easier to nullify but hit harder than Omega. He has more health but contrary to Omega he doesn't have nearly the highest defense/magic defense in the game(like 50 I think for Shinryu compared to Omega's massive 190), only is healed by the Holy element(contrary to Omega being healed by every element except Thunder which is its weakness), and has less level(relevant for magic evasion) and physical evasion(20% for Shinryu and a whopping 95% for Omega). Overall I think Omega has more things stacked on its favor and is harder to kill when being fair to it and not just attacking it with the fairly-known Bolt3 Magic Sword+X-Fight+Dual Wield.

Edit: Omega only happens to have 190 in its physical defense. Its magical defense is 150 which is quite a lot but of course Omega absorbs almost all elements anyway. It does make Meteo very ineffective, ranging from nothing(most rolls) to a possible maximum of 700.

GBAToad said:
Sonja said:
GBAToad said:
Fire Emblem Fates

All in all good game

oh boy

Two words. Ninjas and lunge.

Also give Arthur every single Goddess Icon you own. Getting the Frying Pan early on also made his luck problems non existant for me because it raised his crit avoid enough for him not to get critted. I think Bronze Axe does the same thing so I would consider buying one for him. Also remove gamble when you get it.

Back