What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Bravely Second

was fighting four monsters. one of them cast reflect on Tiz and then the other three proceed to use magic attacks on him

what even

LN1 said:
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

Got past Skeleton Cave. Ugh, ugh, ugh. I don't even know what I hated the most there so I'll just say that one goddamn Blades Master followed by a room with Winged Guards. Maneater Medal only took like 6 attempts. Thing died quicker than I thought it would take. Also visited some earlier areas to get some things like the Justice Ring and I managed to get an Arma Chiroptera drop without having to grind too much. Hope Somnus Reef doesn't destroy my will.

LN1 said:

Somnus Reef did not destroy my will. First rooms are the worst and they're manageable with a Vol Fulgur+Vol Fulgur Glyph Union to get rid of the Balloon, Merman, and Decarabia at the beginning. Edimmu or however they're spelled are shits to face though. I like that you can petrify Lorelais. Rusalka took me like 20 attempts to no damage and I had to use Dominus Hatred. Damn. Oh well, I can hope that Giant's Dwelling isn't full of some bullcrap.

Edit: Actually, Giant's Dwelling is mostly unchanged from normal, the possible change being enemy stats. Nice. Got Vol Falcis and Vol Secare one which is a common drop and the other which is guaranteed from a statue. Not bad. Also still loving Cubus and petrifying enemies. Goliath medal took like 14 tries. A bit frustrating but nothing too aggravating. And now time for Tristis Pass, the other mountain stage. Not looking forward.

Edit 2: Tristis Pass did get some changes but mostly they weren't aggravating. Well, that one Magnes room with Bats and Medusa Heads was rather frustrating, but I only ended up doing it twice so oh well. Cubus glyph is still bae, and this is the place where a statue has Vol Hasta. I love the Hasta glyphs, simply enough. Also managed to get the Vol Scutum drop from Lizardmen, but it took quite a few kills. Naturally got the Vol Fulgur from the Thunder Demon.

Pokemon Diamond

Attempted my first Nuzlocke run. I captured 3 Pokemon: A Turtwig named Kame, a Bidoof I named Sinatra in Route 211, and a Starly I called Zazu in the next route. Kame was more levelled up than the other two, and that eventually bit me when I lost all three Pokemon to my rival (don't laugh, rookie's mistake). Then I may have cheated and just healed all of them at the Center, and set out to grind Sinatra and Zazu (in which I lost the latter, rip ;-;7). I have to restart anyway since there was already another file in the game.

LN1 said:

Spent some time not doing Oblivion Ridge and instead doing some quests. Then I did Oblivion Ridge. It's actually not very different from Normal either except maybe enemy stats. Still the same old Altairs alternating between swooping and sending Fleamen. Gravedorcus took less tries than Goliath to get his medal but that may be because Gravedorcus is a little easier to avoid and has less health. Well, next is Argila Swamp. I wonder what will come of it.

Left 4 Dead 2

Chrono Trigger

Replaying this for no reason lol.

Just passed the point where
Crono dies.

Tales of Symphonia

I gotta complete most of the monster list now, then do the figurine book and collectors book, then probably do the coliseum and extra bosses. I think there's a bonus dungeon in there too. There sure is a lot of 'post-game' content, if you can call it that.

LN1 said:

Alright, Mystery Manor more like spoilery manor.

Poor Albus. Oh well, I took him down no damage after like 30 tries with just two Vol Hasta glyphs. I mean, I know Vol Umbra would be better since he's weak to both Slash and Darkness but Vol Umbra's Glyph Union is ass and Blast Attack(Light Glyph+Dark Glyph) is not cost effective damage wise compared to Vol Hasta which can do, if well-placed, 3 hits of 116 each compared to one hit of 248 or so(and that one with Sapiens Fio boosting it). Vol Hasta only costs 15 hearts and Blast Attack costs like 50 hearts.

Poor guy. I wish he could live with Shanoa somehow, but Dominus overtook him. I know any Dominus would have done the same thing story-wise but I find it very particular that he took Agony. The one that actively drains your life away for massive power. The other two take your life away when used as attacks, but this one only shrouds the user in a dark aura which grants massive power and constantly hurts the user.

Seriously though. Albus :'(

And then the master traitor himself, Barlowe. Vol Hasta+Vol Luminatio union, even with a Sapiens Fio boost only does about 203 which isn't bad but a well-placed Vol Hasta union does 3 hits of 116 which is better and costs the same. Barlowe I'd say is actually easier than Albus. His attacks are very much telegraphed and aren't extremely difficult to dodge. Fireballs can be dealt with normal Scutum, Electric Cage can be jumped over in a certain way, Glacius can be stalled by jump kicking Barlowe, Globus can be absorbed to deny it altogether. Only his stupid punches gave me trouble because I don't quite get the timing to dodge the last one after he says "Stupid disciple". Still though, not that hard. So just to get his medal I decided to be cheap and use Dominus Agony to annihilate his ass. Dominus Agony's self-damage doesn't count for the "Don't take damage during the battle" part of getting a medal.

But of course the traitor Barlowe gets Dracula's blessing and revives him anyway. Well, more bosses, more castle, more fun glyphs.

LN1 said:

Alright, the castle. Now we're talking. It's hardly a spoiler since not only is it a series staple but the intro doesn't hide it at all. The version of An Empty Tone played in the castle is less cool than the one played in the intro but I guess it's fair since it's more of a stage theme. Oh yeah, gameplay. It has been fairly okay. Still don't like the Ghouls but they are more manageable now. I still love using the Cubus glyph. There are still many enemies susceptible to Stone even this late in the game. Also beat Wallman without taking damage but come on anybody can do that.

Bravely Second

liking the Saggitta(sp?) Ruins dungeon. quite nice both look-wise and lore-wise

anywho I reclassed Yew back to a bishop and now that he's learned more powerful abilities he's actually a really damn nice healer. got Tiz as a sword master with confectionery abilities, so he'a gr8 for defense and support. although "the worm turns" ability is quite useless. Magnolia's still my catmancer (which totally should've been named "nekomancer but w/e) however i'm gonna switch her to the valkrie job once she get's the HP 20% Up support ability. Edea's a beast with the hawkeye job, she's actually hit the 9999 damage cap a couple times and i'm only on chapter 3

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Decided to play Aria because what the heck I only have the endgame bosses left to beat Hard mode and I could use the bragging rights of saying I collected every soul. After many treks through the worst room in the game, I finally got the Silver Gun. It's pretty fair, I gotta say.

Ecclesia

Alright, now to the Underground Labyrinth. Took quite a few tries until I found a sufficiently comfortable route. Decided to just rush to the Save Point and hold off Vol Ignis until I beat Blackmore. Speaking of which, the guy took me a solid ~15 tries. Dude telegraphs attacks somewhat and they are all fairly dodgeable but the reaction time has to be fairly quick. Conceptually pretty cool boss. Literal shadow monster and attacks that are purely shadows(like shadow meteors and shadow lasers) but physically hurt. Oh well, at least he lasts a while if you only attack with two Nitescos.

Left 4 Dead 2

Back