What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Prime 3 again

Helios is an underrated boss IMO

Stella Glow

Finished Chapter 3. I've got a solid amountof party members now, though I've already dropped the slow knight at Level 7, I think I'll drop the character that is literally a ninja in a bikini with a cardboard box on her head. I can't even take it seriously. Though aside from those two, I've liked all the characters so far and they do a pretty good job at keeping all of them somewhat relevant in the story.

What I like the most though is that each of them have pretty unique abilities/gimmicks so I could see it being possible to make any of them good, even if some of them aren't as versatile. Alto is your all-around fighter, Klaus' attacks pierce through enemies in a line, Ewan has a gun that can snipe from across the map, Sakuya can swap into a stance that sacrifices her speed for attack, and so on.

It's fine I guess, it seems to be setting up for some sort of revelation later on that might make Alto question what is right and who is really evil. They show Hilda and her crew too often for them to be the true bad guys I think, and I might just want Hilda to be playable because she can warp around all over the place and it looks cool. Also she probably has the best voice in the game, though the game has pretty good voice acting all around IMO.

The PS3 port of Telltale's Game of Thrones. I bought it as backup for work in case recording on the PC version doesn't pan out since Fraps tends to be buggy whenever I use it. I like to test my games when I get them, so I've already played through some episodes in my spare time. I have a 30 day money back guarantee on it, so if it turns out I don't need it I'll just send it back.

Stella Glow

The entirety of Chapter 7 was like, the witches being happy that they can finally save the world and shit, Popo is glad she can finally do something good with her power and Lisette happy that she isn't a burden on the project anymore, the Queen was happy that she'd finally be able to do something to save her people, etc. The whole time I'm dying inside because I knew something was going to go wrong. There was no way Hilda and her crew are given so much focus, Hilda even saying that what she's doing is the request of the guy who fucking saved the world 1000 years ago, c'mon, listen to her Alto, you're a decently smart guy.

And a big fuck you to Klaus, he was one of my favourites to use and he's the fucking bad guy. I think I'm most shocked that they let you use him for seven whole chapters even though he's a villain. I knew someone had to be the bad guy among the characters we know because the Anthem Project immediately sent off alarms in my head as not going to go well, and the benefactor that gave that information was kept secret up until the final battle where the queen said it was Klaus. Then you're forced to HELP him fight Hilda, even though I knew he was going to backstab me after I won the fight at that point and then her stabs Ana, ah man I want to beat the shit out of this guy so bad. edit: okay well i feel kinda bad knowing he's only like this because he got hella mindfucked in place of his bro so that they could escape.

also it took me like five chapters to realise the moon looking weird wasn't just a stylistic choice, it's literally got multiple giant holes in it with pieces of the moon floating away from it. That was when I realised that the moon was where the battle between god and humans took place, and that would mean that the angel's weren't on our side despite being allies in some battles. Also Angels look hella fucked up in this game, they clearly weren't going to be on our side forever.

just wanna say i called it, mostly. also this game is way better than I thought it would be. It has some flaws, mostly with always showing the enemy turn so if you're facing like 20 enemies, you'll be waiting a long time between your turns, even if the enemy in question doesn't move or use anything. Characters are all great, I still can't take titty ninja seriously but she's a better unit than I thought she would be so she's grown on me.

Undertale

Attempted what I dubbed "daredevil mode" (no saves, no items) and got killed by lesser dog.

I now hate lesser dog.

Stella Glow

Looks like I'm on the final stretch of the game. No more Free Time segments, I barely had enough to max out the affinity for a certain character. It just seems like it's going to be a gauntlet of battles, similar to Chapter 8. I hope I'm not too underleveled or anything. I feel like I've been doing a good job at keeping the crew at similar levels. Sucks for Archibald though, stuck at Level 8. I was planning of finishing the game today but they threw an extra chapter at me, so I'll leave it for tomorrow.

You can tell this game didn't have the greatest budget given the reused locations, music and enemies for a number of missions. I'll give them credit for the voices, there hasn't been any voices I dislike. A lot of the text is voiced too, though some corners were clearly cut. It sorta reminds me of Pokemon Conquest, except better.

Marie BibleThump ;_; I thought she was going to turn on us but instead she saved the world, I hope she lives at the end.

I somewhat regret not going for the true ending because I know now that the difference is probably just a choice in the final mission that decides whether you go for normal or true. I thought the True Ending was an entire extra chapter but that wasn't the case. I already have my New Game+ free time schedule planned out, though I've found out it's literally impossible to 100% this game, if you consider; max affinity, explore exclusive items and full rank jobs as 100%. I've decided that the jobs are the least important.

The certain character I maxed was Hilda, she's probably my favourite out of all the witches, godlike voice, great capability as a unit, easily a contender for best song in the game (Stop ailment on all enemies), uses a Scythe, can do some jank things like give up her turn to Alto so he can quickly use Conduct in a pinch, or trade places with someone who is in trouble. She also has the highest magic attack by far.

And also when you max her out she gets a new appearance that kinda looks like a bride, which is adorable. I don't mind her normal outfit besides, uh, being a bit too revealing down under. I'll miss the witch hat. I chose her when it prompted me to choose between my max affinity units, so if I were to go for the True Ending then I assume I'd get her ending. An AltoxHilda ending seems to be the most romantic, though I could see Lisette's or Popo's being similarly good. I already know that Hilda has a baby with Alto in her ending, which explains why it's probably the most popular ending out of them all.

this is mostly rambling, since I've been spending all my time on this over the past 4 days, I need to get it out of head so I can sleep without continuing to think about it. I doubt anybody here has played this game anyway so nobody is going to see this. Unless you're just curious to see how much I wrote. Hello there, person. Go play this game, it's really good. It looks like weeb trash, and it is, but it's good weeb trash.

Chrono Trigger

Decided to try that one dungeon I could have done as an alternate way to fight the final boss.

You can literally steal MegaElixirs here. Also that one accessory that boosts your health by 50% of the base amount. Easily hit the HP cap and thus practically didn't need Barriers/Shields for the final boss. I don't really like the Black Omen's bosses too much(some machine that casts Chaos Zone but is basically worthless beyond that[twice], some recolor of an earlier boss that literally sits still and always counters[at least three times], some version of that Chaos Zone machine that instead has insane physical Defense but not so amazing magical Defense and counters everything with a draining attack) except the ones that are actually unique I guess. Well, Zeal's 1 HP attacks aren't exactly something I'm a fan of, and I don't like the MP Buster counter attack either.

And then it's just fighting the final boss again except it was easier for me this time since stats over Level 44, decent equipment, and plenty of MegaElixirs are real nice. Used Crono, Frog, and Ayla this time.

Metroid Prime 3

I only lost 3 Demolition Troopers this time!

Stella Glow

Got the normal ending. That was a fucking long boss battle, only five characters were still alive at the end, and like usual; Sakuya was the MVP with Terminal Strike (guaranteed 500 damage regardless of defense or counters). Lisette also helped a ton because of her song healing and recovering SP, and Rusty was the long-time MVP, amazing at the start, amazing at the end. I thought I would have to grind because the mission beforehand kicked my ass multiple times but I got this one first try. The boss of the penultimate mission was just too difficult for me I guess. or the way I was trying to win was dumb, brute force is the only answer.

So in the normal ending, Marie dies with Eve and the world is saved. Though, reading what happens in the true ending, you can choose to 'refuse' Marie's request to end her and Eve's lives to save the world and instead you tune her and fight the source of the evil, the true final boss.

The Eve fight was initially scary but I realised pretty quickly that Eve in defense mode does piss poor damage, the angels aren't a huge threat but it's good to get rid of them with an attacker that uses elements when Eve has elemental absorb on, and vice versa. Sakuya is 100% staying at the back, use Terminal Strike if Eve is in defense mode or before Lisette is about to start singing again OR if someone is there to give Sakuya a potion. Otherwise, stick with the 25SP one which is cheaper but does roughly 300 damage anyway. It might show 6000HP as her total but she recovers 600HP every turn of defense mode so it's probably more like 10k.

Song of the Moon is dangerous but she used it very infrequently near the end and Lisette could remove ailments anyway.

I chose the Hilda epilogue. It's so adorable, Alto and Hilda get married and have a kid now that she started her body clock up again. Holy shit it's so cute.

I might be burnt out on grid-based srpg's by the time FE comes out here haha. That's fine, I don't need to play fates immediately. This game will keep me happy for a while longer.

Splatoon

grinding to get money for new weapons

Getting more than 2000p on pirahna pit is ez

New Super Mario Bros. Wii, playing the Another Super Mario Bros. Wii mod

As usual, World 9 levels are pretty hard, especially the latter ones.

Stella Glow

The start of the game is so bare compared to the end, which I guess goes without saying. New Game+ removing the experience limit makes it so all my units are well past the 'recommended level' for each mission. It makes it super easy but, I guess it's not that big of a deal. I do miss the difficulty of the end-game though, as well as all the skills and abilities I had that opened up so many ways to approach a situation. It was still difficult despite all the powerful moves I had access to because it reduced the experience you gained when fighting lower level enemies to 1.

I'm using Archibald for the first time, he's still too slow to be useful but because they give you triple the amount of Free Time in NG+, I'm only one piece away from getting his Move+2 ability that makes him good. Only being able to move 3 spaces is a real problem.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Going for shiny charm, currently caught everything up until Gen 4 (aside from Mew)

I can't trade with my Y version atm so this makes it Extra Hard because I'm forced to conform to the will of the GTS, and right now no one wants to trade me a fucking starly. I was able to clear Gen 2 in under a day and now it's becoming difficult with Gen 4 of all things sigh

Rayquaza said:
I can give you a Starly at some point if you want
naw it's fine now, things are starting to move much faster, but thanks for the offer anyway :ashley:

Sonic Adventure DX

i swear, i've died on the loops in emerald coast three times because i didn't go on them as i should have

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

though not exactly playing it, more like "god i hope this thing i did doesn't crash the game"

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Jesus christ I just wanted to catch a gible on route 111 and it managed to kill my level 92 venusaur with sand tomb, dragon rage and sandstorm all because it wouldn't get in the ultra ball and i ran out of frickin hyper potions

never have i wanted to name a pokemon 'little shit' more than now but nooooooo swear filters and all that

Back