What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Super Mario Maker

I played a few event courses, and not much else.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Since the game feels the need to sort of lock you into using MC, Elma and Lin for every story mission I decided to stick with Alexa as my fourth for now, until someone better rolls around. She had the highest level of all the party members. I really dislike how they handle party members in this game since not using one will make them severely under leveled for affinity missions and stuff. The game gives you like ten party members and discourages you from using all of them and discourages you from experimenting by making it so three of your four party slots are pre-determined for every story mission. The game is still enjoyable but how they handled party members is just really poor design. A huge step back from how it was handled in Xenoblade.

I'm not looking forward to changing from Full Metal Jaguar to some other class once I've maxed this out. I'm at Rank 4 already and I'm quite attached to my arts and skills. I'm not sure which way I'll go next.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

I beat the Quicksand Cave. In Fogbound Lake, Groudon was super easy, all he took was a Vile Seed and an X-Eye Seed, then a few Embers. In Quicksand Cave, Mespirit was a bit hard because of Imprison but because both me, my partner and a random Pokemon I recruited all had dark moves, she was no problem.

Final Fantasy 7

Wasted like 500000 Gil combined on chocobo breeding, got a gold chocobo which rekts everything in the chocobo racing minigame (Even TEIOH the fucking most OP chocobo of all time who has 500 more stamina than me and runs 160 km/h top speed, only lucky that his jockey doesn't know how to race), tried for like 2 hours earlier today and only got shit prizes i stg

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

Just got to the future part.

Wow I actually predicted Dusknoir was going to betray you. I also predicted that Grovyle wasn't going to be evil.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

I only have the one Skell but this thing just destroys everything effortlessly.

I was worried since I had to change class lines now that I've finished Full Metal Jaguar, but once you finish a line you can use those weapons in every class and by extension, those arts. Though I did notice my health was lower and I can't take hits nearly as well, which is probably because of the class I'm in right now being one of the first three.

That or the boss of Chapter 7 was actually incredibly strong and I just happened to not notice because the Skell didn't even take any damage afaik lol.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

I didn't transfer data from my 3DS to my New 3DS yet, but I started Xenoblade. It's fun so far, and I love the over-the-top voice acting. Also no wonder "I'm really feeling it" is a taunt in Smash, in battle he says "Alright I'm feeling it!" every second.

Pokemon MercuryHeart Gold

Playing a no evolutions run(I cannot let Pokemon evolve and I cannot catch evolved forms of Pokemon). Throughout various days I made enough progress to have now the Fog Badge. Magnemite has been good help so far with its resisting Shadow Ball and having good Special Attack to fire off Flash Cannons that hurt(Thunderbolt costs 10,000 coins at the Game Corner ugh.). Thunder Wave is pretty nice too. So far I've had minimal grinding and I hope I can keep going that way because Johto's wild Pokemon seem to be pretty underwhelming for experience.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

I don't know if the Chapter 10 boss was actually difficult or not, but it was definitely a test of my patience. I have today, tomorrow and the next day to beat the main story. I can leave the post-game until after vacation.

Fortune Street

the Alltrades Abbey tour level is kinda hard

I got second though

Fire Emblem Awakening - Finished first chapter

Pokemon Omega Ruby - Rustboro City

dayum, I get the Pokemon game that came out last year, so I might get SMD next year

Xenoblade Chronicles X

This shit's hard. This whole game is harder than og Xenoblade, even though Skells make the middle part of the game a joke, they don't gain stats or anything so they fall behind at this point. I can't tell whether I'm good or not since I can go from destroying tyrants solidly to getting wrecked by a group of grunts in just a few minutes. Also Chapter 9 and 10 bosses were both pretty brutal experiences.

It probably doesn't help that my fourth party member was 12 levels lower than the main cast when going into this chapter HOWEVER I'm inclined to agree with the random miiverse guy who eloquently told everyone 'celica best grill' so I can't remove her from the party. It's a necessary handicap.

Skells are pretty great to fly around in but tbh the way weapons/arts work and the huge cooldown + no secondary cooldown on them just make battling with them a drag. It's much more fun to fight Skell-less but small enemies are just crushed by Skells and you won't stand much of a chance fighting large enemies Skell-less. It's a bummer that outside of their use as vehicles they're not so fun.

Shadowrunner is really useful now that enemies do so much damage. Shadowrunner + Skill that boosts back attacks + Hundred Shells from behind = Amazing Damage Output w/o drawing attention. Elma takes the aggro usually, evading most attacks. Lin tanks hits somewhat, grants Barrier kind of stuff that keep us alive. Celica does debuffs afaik, haven't got enough arts/skills to figure out a role yet but she does manage to aggro every enemy on the planet and still survive somehow lol.

I've been playing too much of this game. I think I played for 14 hours today. I'm tired. The world map says I have 48% of the game completed. That's pretty cool to see.

Super Mario Sunshine

Ok, this game is pretty amazing! I played it for the first time today! I only got to level 1 though. I love how the characters actually talk like a normal person, even the Toads!

The begining sucks

GalacticPetey said:
Maki Nishikino said:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Just got this game and am super excited to play it once I get access to my Wii U. Have no idea what I'm getting into since I haven't played the first game.
Don't worry, the only thing similar to the first game imo is the combat system and even then there are changes because of secondary cool down, switching weapons and TP.

The game picks up the most after a certain chapter, side quests are more interesting, they stop spoon feeding you tutorials and exposition and you can just play at your own pace. The story really isn't the highlight of X but the gameplay and exploration is great. I don't think its a bad idea to check the manual for help if you don't understand something but everything is pretty self explanatory after playing around a bit.

Have fun with it! I know I am.

Back