What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

Finished the story (100% synchronization) and killed all of the Citizen Es.

Garry's Mod TTT

I managed to knife (one hit kill) a detective in the middle of a crowd without anyone noticing it.

Dota 2

There are times when you try out a new hero and it's super frustrating.

Then there are times when you try out a new hero and dominate everyone and get a beyond godlike killstreak.

Slark is the latter.

also lol
W3VrZkL.jpg

Ace Attorney 5
So that was a good ending. I figured out who the final antagonist was quite a bit before he was revealed but unlike the other cases this one felt satisfying. Since I figured it out on my own without incredibly obvious hints. That breakdown at the end was pretty awesome though. I feel like some characters (e.g Klaiver and Pearl) didn't really have much purpose besides their one moment of being a plot device.

Paper Mario
Made it through the Cyrstal Palace, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I got 44 star points from the Crystal King but Merlee came in and I got 88 Star Points!! I literally screamed and then I remembered the time that happened to Chuggaaconroy in his Paper Mario LP after the General Guy battle

Toothless said:
I thought they only appeared in the Nether.

The only mobs that spawn there are zombie pigmen, ghasts, lava slimes and blazes and wither skeletons in nether fortresses.

Rhythm Heaven Fever

On the 3DS, I just beat The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and I'm currently playing Kirby Triple Deluxe. I think I came across the same problem I did Arin and Jon (on Game Grumps) did with Kirby's Return to Dream Land, in that a lot of it feels really simple and easy, with stuff just conveniently there for the sake of being there for one bit or another. I always knew Kirby was one of those game series' that's all about being easy to beat but hard to... well, not master, since there's not much to master (though the in-depth attacks the copy abilities have this time around can be pretty tricky at times), but basically be 100%, plus extra hard modes to play. Though at times, I feel like the game is trying to trick me, and I try to stay one step ahead, only to realize the game wanted me to do things the super obvious way. Then again, sometimes I'm rewarded with a keychain, which is nice I guess. Either way, it helps to keep your eyes peeled for extras in this game, especially since the extra 3D gimmick makes exploration both more challenging and more prominent then any Kirby game before it.

Also, this game, more then any Kirby game before it, makes me realize how really dark and disturbing the world of Kirby can be, particularly with the Hypernova ability. There was the one segment in the second world, where I had to use the Hypernova ability to inhale this giant worm-like things hiding in logs. When I figured out their strategy and sucked them up, they did this weird thing when landing into Kirby's mouth, almost like they're struggling to get free before being swallowed. It's... pretty messed up to say the least. Not to mention, there were tons of moments where I went "do I really have to do this?", basically causing destruction wherever I go, mostly notably a part where I had to inhale a Waddle Dee's house to continue... and again with another Waddle Dee's house! Seriously, what right does Kirby have to go around destroying stuff like this?! And for what? For King Dedede? Hell, for all we know, he might have deserved to be captured! Knowing Kirby games, it's likely that Kirby was fooled with and his entire adventure was just to help the bad guys, making all the destruction he caused completely pointless! ...I mean, I'm assuming that's not the case, as King Dedede typically isn't that bad of a guy, not to mention I like the concept of Kirby having to save King Dedede instead of fighting him for a change... you know, come to think of it, don't Waddle Dees serve King Dedede? Shouldn't they be helping Kirby save him instead of getting in Kirby's way? Eh, maybe like how not all Koopas serve Bowser, maybe not all Waddle Dees serve King Dedede. Also, the mini-games, Kirby Fighters and Dedede's Drum Dash are good fun and challenging as well, so it's all good.

As for A Link Between Worlds, I'd like to share my thoughts on that game, but I'd be here all night. Instead I'll say the game, plus Egoraptor's latest Sequelitis, prompted me to go back and finish Skyward Sword. I have to admit, I was a little confused about what I was doing last time I played, but like Hell am I going to start the game over again just to get to that part! Yeah, if there's one thing I distinctly remember last time I played, it's how tedious it is to both collect things and explore, which might I remind you, is the whole point of The Legend of Zelda. I don't really agree with Egoraptor in terms of how 3D Zelda games are, though if there's one thing I will agree with, it's his stance on Skyward Sword, and how the game keeps stopping you to tell you stuff you already know, Fi keeps pointing out the incredibly obvious (I THINK they do it to the point of it being a running gag, but they ruined it by having her intrude during really frustrating parts, like telling me I'm low on health; yeah, no SHIT I'm low on health, you dumb bitch! ...sorry), getting to places is such a chore (flying a Loftwing is a pain in the ass, plus there's barely anything worth exploring in the sky), and the controls not ironed out that well (people keep saying they don't have a problem with it, or that there must be something wrong with the Wii Motion Plus thing I'm using... well, I'm using a new one now, and I'm still having the same basic problems I had before).

That being said, I don't hate it. There's a lot I like about the game, mostly in terms of the characters and the story, though there are some creative use of environments as well. The world feels like an actual world to explore, as opposed to something obvious being a dungeon, like in A Link Between Worlds... which I loved, to the point of being addicted to it almost, but the story and ESPECIALLY the characters felt... lacking. I also have to admit, the game wasn't TOO challenging, which isn't a bad thing, but I was able to breeze through it easily, which I think says a lot, given my skills (I'm not bad, per se, but I'm definitely not "hardcore" like some other gamers). The puzzles in Skyward Sword, while they might seem obvious once you have the item (and sometimes, the items only have one specific use, instead of multiple uses like in A Link Between Worlds) feel more detailed and intricate. It's hard to explain, and I feel bad about not being able to explain myself better, but there's definitely something I liked about Skyward Sword that I didn't like about A Link Between Worlds... kind of like how A Link Between Worlds was solid and fun to explore and collect stuff while Skyward Sword just feels like a chore to play. ...Ah well, still going to beat it, just so I know the full story.

...Weird how I suddenly stopped playing Shovel Knight, though. I'll get back to it, because it IS really good!

Paper Mario

I spent a long battle with the Bombshell Blasters in Bowser's Castle.. The outcome...

mwCu3Rth.jpg

A total of 100 Star Points, 100 is the Max so I don't know what would happen if Merlee doubled it.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. Day 2 detective work of Rise From the Ashes. This case makes less sense the more information it is released. I have a feeling, just by rewatching the opening scene, that it will get a whole lot more confusing.

New Super Mario Bros. 2. Even though I have 5 stars and a million coins. :roll:

Back