What game did you last play?!?!?!?

MCS said:
Pearl said:
now i'm really confused. which do you say are better, the old ones without exploration hubs or the new ones with exploration hubs

The latter. But I'm not saying the former were bad by any means, because I still like those. I just think the open-world hubs that focus more on exploration are an advancement and are really great.

ok i was just confused because usually when someone says something was "in it's prime" they mean that point was the best.

MCS said:
Pearl said:
the levels were all really boring, the free play was done wrong, and there are probably some other things i can't remember.

I don't understand how they can do free play "wrong", but alright. I don't see how the levels were boring, either.

iirc, the free play just let you pick 2 characters, and then had the characters that were required for story mode, as opposed to the way they normally do it, not to mention you can only use certain characters in the episodes they're from.

also my main problem with the levels was their format. iirc the format for each episode was something like having 2 puzzle levels, one vehicle level, one level where you have to fight enemies, and then a boss level. the puzzle and boss levels were decent, but the vehicle and fighting ones were pretty bad

shin megami tensei iv

played some more today, got to kasa-something something and got my demonica WOOOOO

also unlocked another terminal which i had to beat a horde of fairies, SO TERRIFYING!

ALSO got a new demon, curse res, and some other stuff and went back and challenged david.

last time he kicked my ass 3 times with little effort.

i was prepared for mamudo, had 3 demons with elec spells and to top it off i was higher leveled.

fucker didnt even use mamudo and just used blight instead, jerk.

i somehow survived with just one demon and won.

Thanks to that and a friend, i can now fuse him, did so, and he's in my party YAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Pikmin 3

This time limit is just so disappointing. I have so much juice (which Brittany still refers to as a "LITTLE buffer") that it just doesn't feel as good as the time limit in the original game.

Pearl said:
ok i was just confused because usually when someone says something was "in it's prime" they mean that point was the best.

Did I say that? That was a mischosen word on my part, sorry about that. I meant to say that "it was back when LEGO games were still relatively new".

iirc, the free play just let you pick 2 characters, and then had the characters that were required for story mode, as opposed to the way they normally do it, not to mention you can only use certain characters in the episodes they're from.

also my main problem with the levels was their format. iirc the format for each episode was something like having 2 puzzle levels, one vehicle level, one level where you have to fight enemies, and then a boss level. the puzzle and boss levels were decent, but the vehicle and fighting ones were pretty bad

Hmm, interesting. Granted, I haven't played the game for a year or two, since I'm trying to beat some other LEGO games I have first.

Sonic Generations.

Just got it. Cleared Acts 1 and 2 for Green Hill and Chemical Plant, and got an S Rank on all but Chemical Plant Act 2 (for idiotically dying at the beginning of the stage...). As for Red Star Rings... I'll get those later...

I'd love to say that Tales Of Xillia is my most recently played game but...I don't have it. HEY IT JUST CAME OUT TODAY. So my most recently played game is Shin Megami Tensei 4.

Having some fun on neutral, trying to get Izanami-No-Okami...doesn't look like it, it might be law only...I dunno.

ToX came out today? FML and getting rid of my fucking PS3.

Uh. Pikmin 3 with a cousin.(we took turns in story mode. we recently acquired Winged Pikmin)

i went back and revisited the gamecube animal crossing recently. it felt nice to go back to it and do some stuff.

Unknown Entity said:
ToX came out today?

I would buy it if it wasn't $65. It'd be nice if ozgameshop had versions other than the day one edition or milla maxwell collectors edition (which is unavailable anyway).

I'm burnt out with jrpg's, I need maybe another month or so before I feel like I can play through another one. But then I still have Ni No Kuni to play and I'm not even that good at it. I probably need to do grinding and I need to get a decent strategy that doesn't involve using my partner as a shield.

Sonic Generations.

Got an S-Rank on Chemical Plant Act 2, then beat both Sky Sanctuary acts, three challenges to get the boss keys, Metal Sonic, the Death Egg Robot, and both acts of Speed Highway, and on NONE of those did I get an S-Rank (I was really close on one of the Speed Highway acts, but nope)...

Lego Indiana Jones

Ok since I'm pretty close to doing it anyway I'm going to try to 100% the game. I'm at 91.4% so I'm nearly there. I got some artefacts and completed the Ancient City.

Pikmin 3... to the point where I sometimes look track of actual time, and say to myself "just one more day!" to get through certain parts.

I'm also playing SteamWorld Dig, which I just got on the 3DS's Virtual Console. If you like Metroid and/or Minecraft, you'll love this game! I've also been playing EarthBound inbetween those two games.

Lakituthequick said:
Mizurk said:
Shrek Superslam. Fun little Shrek fighting game, pretty unknown, but i'd reccomend it.
I played that. I liked that black and white stage. How the word 'slam' appears in the classic style.

Is that on another version? I have the Gamecube version, and thats not a stage.

Mizurk said:
Lakituthequick said:
Mizurk said:
Shrek Superslam. Fun little Shrek fighting game, pretty unknown, but i'd reccomend it.
I played that. I liked that black and white stage. How the word 'slam' appears in the classic style.

Is that on another version? I have the Gamecube version, and thats not a stage.
Wait there is a GCN version? I played DS.

Mega Man 3

This game has so much trail and error in that it's not even funny.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Third Playthough (first on hero mode), up to Earth Temple.

Back