Mario's Belly

Son_of_Suns

Cheep Cheep
Retired Wiki Staff
Has anyone else noticed that Mario has be getting skinnier over the years?

Very slightly but not a considerable amount

Not really, though its kind of hard to compare sprites to something more advanced; but ask yourself this, has Luigi been getting thinner, I think so.

Yeah, I've noticed. Taller, too. Mario used to be at his normal height when he had no powerups, but now his normal height is when he has a Super Mushroom.

Anyone remember Nintendo's old, pre-GCN plans to make the Mario series more mature, and how the weird SM128 trailers had the super-thin Marios in them? I think those to things had to do with Mario's skinnification, but I have a strange feeling that this whole post is somehow pointless.

Fun Fact: Super Mario 128 became Pikmin, Shigeru Miyamoto said so and what could he gain from lieing to us?

And Mario can be thin whenever he wants, he just needs to use his powers from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. :D

In my opnion, he just become a bit more "realistic".

Sir Grodus said:
And Mario can be thin whenever he wants, he just needs to use his powers from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. :D

Touché! :)

At the beginning, comparing Luigi to Mario was impossible to a red-green colour blind.
OMG, 666th post. I'm so evil :twisted:

Go away. I need my Twinkies.

Yes, he has. He's been getting more and more good-looking...

Plumber said:
Yeah, I've noticed. Taller, too. Mario used to be at his normal height when he had no powerups, but now his normal height is when he has a Super Mushroom.

I like to think of that as more of a retcon than a gradual change. Note that in SM64/DS, he gets EVEN TALLER when collecting a Super Mushroom.

YellowYoshi398 said:
Plumber said:

I like to think of that as more of a retcon than a gradual change. Note that in SM64/DS, he gets EVEN TALLER when collecting a Super Mushroom.

those are Mega Mushrooms

YellowYoshi398 said:
No, I'm talking about the plain old Super Mushrooms in SM64.

yeah. they make him Mage Mushroom size.

Kinda.

OH NOES! THE INFAMOUS BLACK PLOTHOLE OF MUSTARD! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Slap me in my face. Please.

yeah hes been getting smlimer (he jogs five times a day)

I just love to rain on your parade Great Gonzo, but it's weight, not wait.

PeteyPiranhaLover said:
I just love to rain on your parade Great Gonzo, but it's weight, not wait.

Happy?

YellowYoshi398 said:
Actually, you wrote "weigth" in your edit. :P Better fix that before PPL shows up again...
You better be careful "Great Gonzo", because I am like "Monty Mole" and
look for any spelling errors. That is why I am the best reader in my Langauge Arts class at school.

PeteyPiranhaLover said:
YellowYoshi398 said:
Actually, you wrote "weigth" in your edit. :P Better fix that before PPL shows up again...
You better be careful "Great Gonzo", because I am like "Monty Mole" and
look for any spelling errors. That is why I am the best reader in my Langauge Arts class at school.

well FYI in your sig you spelled, "Deph of hell" wrong, its suppose to be DEPTHS! Don't tell me what I do wrong. Got it?

Back