Mario's Belly

Son_of_Suns

Cheep Cheep
Retired Wiki Staff
Has anyone else noticed that Mario has be getting skinnier over the years?
 

yoshster

Whomp
Very slightly but not a considerable amount
 

Sir Grodus

King Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Not really, though its kind of hard to compare sprites to something more advanced; but ask yourself this, has Luigi been getting thinner, I think so.
 

Plumber

Tenacious Trio
Retired Wiki Staff
Yeah, I've noticed. Taller, too. Mario used to be at his normal height when he had no powerups, but now his normal height is when he has a Super Mushroom.
 

YellowYoshi398

King Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Anyone remember Nintendo's old, pre-GCN plans to make the Mario series more mature, and how the weird SM128 trailers had the super-thin Marios in them? I think those to things had to do with Mario's skinnification, but I have a strange feeling that this whole post is somehow pointless.
 

Sir Grodus

King Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Fun Fact: Super Mario 128 became Pikmin, Shigeru Miyamoto said so and what could he gain from lieing to us?

And Mario can be thin whenever he wants, he just needs to use his powers from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. :D
 

Eraineda

Goomba
In my opnion, he just become a bit more "realistic".


Sir Grodus said:
And Mario can be thin whenever he wants, he just needs to use his powers from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. :D
Touché! :)
 

Smiddle

Power Star
At the beginning, comparing Luigi to Mario was impossible to a red-green colour blind.
OMG, 666th post. I'm so evil :twisted:
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Go away. I need my Twinkies.

Yes, he has. He's been getting more and more good-looking...
 

YellowYoshi398

King Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Plumber said:
Yeah, I've noticed. Taller, too. Mario used to be at his normal height when he had no powerups, but now his normal height is when he has a Super Mushroom.
I like to think of that as more of a retcon than a gradual change. Note that in SM64/DS, he gets EVEN TALLER when collecting a Super Mushroom.
 

Max2

King Bowser
YellowYoshi398 said:
Plumber said:
Yeah, I've noticed. Taller, too. Mario used to be at his normal height when he had no powerups, but now his normal height is when he has a Super Mushroom.
I like to think of that as more of a retcon than a gradual change. Note that in SM64/DS, he gets EVEN TALLER when collecting a Super Mushroom.
those are Mega Mushrooms
 

Max2

King Bowser
YellowYoshi398 said:
No, I'm talking about the plain old Super Mushrooms in SM64.
yeah. they make him Mage Mushroom size.
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Kinda.

OH NOES! THE INFAMOUS BLACK PLOTHOLE OF MUSTARD! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Slap me in my face. Please.
 

Xzelion

Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant...
Retired Wiki Staff
yeah hes been getting smlimer (he jogs five times a day)
 

PeteyPiranhaLover

Why does Petey Piranha got to have haters?
I just love to rain on your parade Great Gonzo, but it's weight, not wait.
 

Xzelion

Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant...
Retired Wiki Staff
PeteyPiranhaLover said:
I just love to rain on your parade Great Gonzo, but it's weight, not wait.
Happy?
 

PeteyPiranhaLover

Why does Petey Piranha got to have haters?
YellowYoshi398 said:
Actually, you wrote "weigth" in your edit. :P Better fix that before PPL shows up again...
You better be careful "Great Gonzo", because I am like "Monty Mole" and
look for any spelling errors. That is why I am the best reader in my Langauge Arts class at school.
 

Xzelion

Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant...
Retired Wiki Staff
PeteyPiranhaLover said:
YellowYoshi398 said:
Actually, you wrote "weigth" in your edit. :P Better fix that before PPL shows up again...
You better be careful "Great Gonzo", because I am like "Monty Mole" and
look for any spelling errors. That is why I am the best reader in my Langauge Arts class at school.
well FYI in your sig you spelled, "Deph of hell" wrong, its suppose to be DEPTHS! Don't tell me what I do wrong. Got it?
 
Top