Interest: Remove Smash Bros-related content (with exceptions)

Hot Cocoa

You forget a thousand things everyday…
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Cosmic Cowboy
Before I make a formal proposal, I would like to gain a general census of everyone's opinion of this subject: should we remove all non-Mario related Super Smash Bros articles?

This would include any characters, items, stages, etc that have not crossed over with the Mario franchise before. For example, Banjo would remain, as he has appeared in Mario-linked media before (Diddy Kong Racing), while someone such as Joker would be removed.

- I'd compile stages in a list like it's been done with bosses, items, and Adventure Mode enemies. (Recently, there was a proposal to do this, but it went nowhere.) As it stands right now, non-Mario fighters wouldn't be eligible for the same treatment due to the huge amount of information each one has on the wiki--which is why I'd support completely trimming down their special move listings (which form the vast majority of their article content) to make the fighters more appropriate for a list.
- Trophies and spirits that have nothing to do with either the Mario franchise or the non-Mario things that already have some other coverage on the wiki should get nuked.

My basis is that some of the current Smash Bros. subjects, even if not relevant to Mario media outside of Smash, should still receive a degree of coverage on the Mario Wiki considering that Mario characters interact with them in this series. The ones that don't fulfill that criterion should go, however.

thanks, but i will admit that the particular course of action proposed here wasn't ideal. the opposition argued that the way these fighter pages are set up would make navigating between individual appearances more difficult than it should be; it also occured to me that ridding a Mario-centric encyclopedia of useful information about the relevance these characters had to the Mario franchise, however small, isn't exactly desireable (and it's inconsistent with this, for instance). i aim to make another proposal in the near future that will attempt to amend these shortcomings, and ultimately bring the fighter lists in a form akin to this: https://www.mariowiki.com/User:Koopa_con_Carne/List_of_fighters_debuting_in_Super_Smash_Bros.

A preliminary consensus on the page's organisation would be nice to have, so i'm inviting users here to throw in their two cents on this. as you can see, the basis is still to have non-mario fighters rounded up in lists, with detailed Smashpedia Lite content (i.e. moveset descriptions) condensed into existing sections.

Last edited:
Back