The Slapstick
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MK8D_Merry_Mountain_screenshot.jpg

Hello there, 'Shroom readers, and a very happy holiday to you! The December issue of The 'Shroom is now live, and trust me, you don't want to miss this one! Our Graphic Design Manager GBA and Programming Manager Lakituthequick have worked together to make another visually stunning special issue, complemented by fantastic guest artwork from winstein and BBQ Turtle!

First of all, The 'Shroom Holiday Scavenger is here! Thanks to everyone who signed up to contribute an item to be included in this! Once you visit the page and opt in, there will be 22 items hidden across different areas of the issue. Can you find them all? Lakituthequick and GBA put in insane amounts of effort to make this thing happen, and I can't thank them enough for all their hard work! Be sure to check it out!

We also have a couple of special features for you to look at! Several members of the community got together for a tribute to our former Director and Statistics Manager, Ninja Squid! For someone who put in so much to this community over the years, he definitely deserves it! Poll Committee Chairperson Fun With Despair has also written about some proposed changes to the Poll Committee going forward. Give them a read, and head over to the wiki's proposals page afterward if you'd like to cast a vote or offer your thoughts.

The End-of-the-Year Awards are also here, celebrating the accomplishments of our contributors over the past year! Thanks to everyone who wrote sections, participated in our events, served as staff members, and even just read the paper!

Finally, this directing term is almost over, which means it's time for our Director Election to find out who will be running The 'Shroom through 2023! If you think you have what it takes to lead the paper, be sure to post your campaign! Even if you don't plan on running, don't forget to check out the campaigns and vote for your favorite!

Alright, I've kept you here long enough. Enjoy the issue, and happy hunting!

Hey, I'm doing the scavenger hunt on my Ipad, but no item boxes are popping up, even though I've opted in. What's going on?

Hey, I'm doing the scavenger hunt on my Ipad, but no item boxes are popping up, even though I've opted in. What's going on?
The number one cause I can imagine is that third-party cookies are being blocked, which are required to show item boxes. A quick search shows me that you need to disable "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" in Safari's settings to do that.

The number one cause I can imagine is that third-party cookies are being blocked, which are required to show item boxes. A quick search shows me that you need to disable "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" in Safari's settings to do that.
It's working now. Thanks for the help.

RE: Thank You, Ninja Squid!

Thank you so much for the kind words! It is such an incredible gift you did to me there. I seriously had a blast to be a part of this small community, but honestly, that's truly thanks to all of you. Thank you for being a part of my journey here. For involving me in so many projects, making me a community leader in some way, and for supporting all of my ideas, games and other crazy things lol. If I was able to make you smile and having fun here, then I am more than satisfied. 😊

To tell you the truth, I find myself a little speechless and in tears now... sorry about that. That said, this means a lot to me. Thank you for making the Super Mario Wiki community a wonderful place, and please, keep spreading happiness and fun around!

Special shoutout to @BBQ Turtle: Thank you for that amazing art of my OC in Dimitri's outfit! I love it sooooo much! 😍

Again, thank you for taking the time in building such a tribute for me! Keep making the Super Mario Wiki community an even better place in my absence!

Note: I did have a section of Luigi and Associates Detective Agency planned for this issue, however, I could not finish it in time due to other factors.

I am happy to say that I will be releasing the completed section in my new Shroom-Adjacent thread here in the coming week, before Christmas itself.

Keep enjoying The 'Shroom! Read on!

Back