Do you think Bowser will be a playable in Sparks of hope?

I think he'll be involved in some way but not playable.

There's alot of signs pointing to it.
what are the signs and why are there a lot. beyond the fact that hes hanging out with the other heroes on the key art. and the fact that there are 9 characters and were missing like, two
it doesnt necessarily point to the fact that hes playable. he might be some sort of a supporting character. note that unlike everyone else hes not holding a weapon hes just standing there
hes also in none of the Two trailers (that are still the only two, over a year later) we just do not know whatsoever what his role is going to be as of the moment

what are the signs and why are there a lot. beyond the fact that hes hanging out with the other heroes on the key art. and the fact that there are 9 characters and were missing like, two
it doesnt necessarily point to the fact that hes playable. he might be some sort of a supporting character. note that unlike everyone else hes not holding a weapon hes just standing there
There's also the fact that his Minions are brainwashed so there's that . And even though he doesn't have weapon, does he really need one? he breathes fire, has Strength, and has Spiky shell(heck they can maybe use some moves from the first game for him). Plus niether did DK in the DLC title.

As for the trailers, he could be a unlockable character that you'll get late in the game like the Yoshis. While you're right, we never saw him in the trailer, we also never saw gameplay of the other characters either. Other than one cutscene the entire trailer focused on Mario, Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Luigi.

Last edited:
forgot about the brainwashing thing
dk had a bananarang i mean bwananarang that is def a weapon. and we did see gameplay, in another trailer or whatever, it just had mario and rpeach and rluigi though

I'm 50/50 on this. Bowser is standing near the protagonists on the official artwork (even if he's kinda in the background), and his minions have been brainwashed so he's obviously not working with Cursa.

But like Mcmadness said, he's just too big. I don't think he'd fit in the battle areas we've seen. Maybe they could just shrink him down so he'd fit? Or maybe I'm just wrong and he'd fit perfectly fine, idk I'm not a game designer lol.

Nintendo's website says there'll be 9 characters, so the current roster looks like this:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Rabbid Mario
5. Rabbid Luigi
6. Rabbid Peach
7. Rabbid Rosalina
8. Unnamed female Rabbid
9. ???

(I hope I'm not forgetting any)

So it's possible that Bowser will be the 9th, and they'll reveal it in a new trailer. But it could also be someone else. Yoshi and Rabbid Yoshi haven't been revealed, but I feel like you can't have one without the other. The existence of Rabbid Rosalina could imply regular Rosalina being playable, but we have Rabbid Cranky Kong in the first game yet no normal Cranky Kong (Or maybe that's different because it's DLC). I've also heard a theory that Rosalina
is Cursa
and if that's true then she's definitely not playable.

Maybe they could make him playable in another way though? They could do something like Peach in Paper Mario 1. After certain parts of the story, you take control of Bowser while he tries to fight Cursa by himself. He could have his own battles that are designed around his size.

Or they could exclude him from the roster for the main game, but have him be playable in a DLC campaign that's entirely designed around him?

At the very least I hope he has a big role in the story. He's the funniest character in Mario RPGs, so I hope he doesn't just appear once and never again.

forgot about the brainwashing thing
dk had a bananarang i mean bwananarang that is def a weapon. and we did see gameplay, in another trailer or whatever, it just had mario and rpeach and rluigi though
That's why I said in the title
1656104019247.png

And that trailer is what I was referring to. We see gameplay with those 3 characters. the others appeared in a cutscene.

I'm 50/50 on this. Bowser is standing near the protagonists on the official artwork (even if he's kinda in the background), and his minions have been brainwashed so he's obviously not working with Cursa.

But like Mcmadness said, he's just too big. I don't think he'd fit in the battle areas we've seen. Maybe they could just shrink him down so he'd fit? Or maybe I'm just wrong and he'd fit perfectly fine, idk I'm not a game designer lol.

Nintendo's website says there'll be 9 characters, so the current roster looks like this:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Rabbid Mario
5. Rabbid Luigi
6. Rabbid Peach
7. Rabbid Rosalina
8. Unnamed female Rabbid
9. ???

(I hope I'm not forgetting any)

So it's possible that Bowser will be the 9th, and they'll reveal it in a new trailer. But it could also be someone else. Yoshi and Rabbid Yoshi haven't been revealed, but I feel like you can't have one without the other. The existence of Rabbid Rosalina could imply regular Rosalina being playable, but we have Rabbid Cranky Kong in the first game yet no normal Cranky Kong (Or maybe that's different because it's DLC). I've also heard a theory that Rosalina
is Cursa
and if that's true then she's definitely not playable.

Maybe they could make him playable in another way though? They could do something like Peach in Paper Mario 1. After certain parts of the story, you take control of Bowser while he tries to fight Cursa by himself. He could have his own battles that are designed around his size.

Or they could exclude him from the roster for the main game, but have him be playable in a DLC campaign that's entirely designed around him?

At the very least I hope he has a big role in the story. He's the funniest character in Mario RPGs, so I hope he doesn't just appear once and never again.
I mean if they can make DK work despite his size, then I think Bowser could also work. One thing I think would be cool for him to do is use his shell as a shield for behind attacks(much like Bucklers). maybe his prime weapon could be that energy move from his final boss fight. his secondary could be his shell spinning move which could maybe cause bounce effect to anyone he hits.

I have a feeling that Bowser will be playable, since Bowser is one of the most popular Mario characters. The Mario series has a tendency to put Bowser as the final boss, and if he's not the final boss, he will be an ally. So for example, besides the first Mario + Rabbids, there are Paper Mario (N64), Sticker Star, Colour Splash, and the entire Mario & Luigi series where Bowser in at least one of the final boss phases; and then for games like Super Mario RPG, Super Paper Mario, and Paper Mario: The Origami King which all have new threats, Bowser is an ally to help combat them. The only exception (and in my opinion, the most refreshing in retrospect) is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, because Bowser is completely uninvolved in the game's final boss, even though Bowser is the game's penultimate boss.

Thus, unless they pull off the "Bowser hijacking final boss" aspect, Bowser is likely to be playable, and if the size is the issue, I can see it being treated as a unique property. After all, this game's main feature is that the characters aren't allocated to a grid.

Thank you for reading.

I have a feeling that Bowser will be playable, since Bowser is one of the most popular Mario characters. The Mario series has a tendency to put Bowser as the final boss, and if he's not the final boss, he will be an ally.
It would appear that my guess is correct, where Bowser will be playable so it might mean that there won't be a "Bowser hijacking the final boss spot" moment, unlike the first Mario + Rabbids where Bowser's only appeared as the final boss (albeit possessed).

Thank you for reading.

Welp, thats egg on my face.

Back