Games that you have just started

Nate Jacobs

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
I just started Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Justice For All, and am on the very beginning of The Lost Turnabout. It's really hard to form an opinion on this one yet, although I may not feel strongly either way considering I've heard it's a tutorial-length case.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.
They've grown on me. Not enough to voluntarily have them on my team though, the second I unlock Peach is the second the + becomes a VS.

The cutscenes, especially the intro, are absolutely amazing. It has shown me a Mario movie is indeed very possible.

I'm at the second boss and struggling to beat them. Currently giving the washer a whirl to gather up coins and orbs from W1 and upgrade my gear.

My only complaint so far is the way the camera is, makes me never know which angle I'll be happiest with.

Death's Door. Back in March or so.

I have an issue completing games these days.

Skydrift Infinity

20220526150757_1.jpg

It's a game about racing planes that also kill each other.

Very fun, scratched my itch for a weapon-based plane racer that I got from Sonic & All-Stars Transformed (game plays similarily to Blur, the item UI is similar, you get set items from what you run into, and you can carry two items at once and swap between them), though this game's indie so it is quite lite on the content side but oh my what a strong base. Not a fan of how some paint jobs are tied behind online too.

Trailblazers
This is my 3rd downloaded title in the genre of Future Racing on the Switch. It's sort of a combination of themes in F-Zero and Splatoon. You can paint the road as you drive, and on the next lap your paint boosts you as you drive over it. You can also use your entire paint fuel for a forward attack that leaves a trail & hits someone in front of you if they're in linesight.

This game has a good set of personalities, including a frog person ^ w ^. Story mode has one of the human girls as the main character.

Super Mario Odyssey
My friend and I started together on 2 player.
Giving her Mario, I am delighted to find that 2 Player in Odyssey is a huge improvement from Galaxy. Now being able to actually move around as a character with jump and ground pound basically as a less abilitied Mario. It's pretty cool! Way wayyu better than just being a cursor that fires rock candy.
Also she's a beginner at videogames so it's really nice they added a directory mode with the arrows, and allowing Cappy to also be able to move the camera around so I can help her that way too.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
So far so good, beautifully detailed for simple textures, lives up to the franchises legacy of fantastic music.
Gameplay wise it's like the in-between of Mario and Metroid.

Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
I like this one so far, seems like a fun game with catchy songs. Phantom R is a cool protagonist too aorn

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
Currently on Phoenix's testimony about meeting Doug Swallow.

Back