Which courses in Mario Kart 8 utilised anti-gravity well?

Which courses utilise anti-gravity well?

• Mario Kart Circuit

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Water Park

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Sweet Sweet Canyon

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Thwomp Ruins

• Mario Circuit (Wii U)

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Toad Harbor

• Twisted Mansion

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Shy Guy Falls

• Sunshine Airport

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolphin Shoals

• Electrodrome

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Mount Wario

• Cloudtop Cruise

• Bone-Dry Dunes

• Bowser's Castle (Wii U)

• Rainbow Road (Wii U)

• Mario Circuit (GBA)

• Toad's Turnpike

• DK Jungle

• Wario Stadium

• Sherbet Land (GCN)

• Piranha Plant Slide

• Dragon Driftway

• Mute City

• Wario's Gold Mine

• Ice Ice Outpost

• Hyrule Circuit

• Baby Park

• Cheese Land

• Wild Woods

• Neo Bowser City

• Ribbon Road

• Big Blue

• Rainbow Road (N64)

• Total voters

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
Within Mario Kart 8, several courses utilised anti-gravity, which allows for racing on places that normally won't be drivable due to gravity, allowing for more uniquely-designed courses. The mechanic also has the perk in giving a slight boost when racers bump into each other or one of the posts that are swirling with blue, which makes it more than just being drivable on a wall or ceiling. Of course, this might not be appreciated by everyone, so that's why we have this poll.

In your opinion, which courses utilise anti-gravity in a satisfactory manner?

Thank you for reading.

For the purposes of this post, I'll define good usage of Anti-Gravity usage as: "Creating unique tracks designs, that previously wouldn't have been possible without the usage of anti-gravity."
If the anti-gravity is a basic u-turn, or is the track at a slight angle (these two cover 90% of the choices), that's not allowing for more uniquely-designed courses, this is just stuff the previous games could've done.

My choices are the following:
MK8 Mario Circuit - The tracks deisgn is based around being a möbius strip, which should be enough to justify this creating unique track designs.
Twisted Mansion - A section of the track has the path split into two, with each section having the other above it, which wouldn't have been possible without anti-gravity.
Electrodrome - Same thing as the previous track, plus you spend a significant amount of time driving on a wall around a previous section of the track.
Bowser's Castle - Same as above two. I honestly think this sort of thing barely count, but I'm going to be generous as it does fit the presented definition of good usage for the mechanic, and there's only five tracks otherwise.
Dragon Driftway - A majority of the track takes place in anti-gravity, frequently changing which direction the gravity is on. I don't think these tracks require too much explanation as it's fairly obvious just by playing them that this couldn't be done without anti-gravity.
Mute City - Same as the previous track. This one even includes a corkscrew towards the beginning.
Big Blue - Same as both of the above.

Last edited:
Thwomp Ruins, Shy Guy Falls, and Toads Turnpike stand out to me. For TR & TT I like that antigravity is used to manuever past the thwomps and trucks. With Shy Guy Falls, it's how the majority of the course is going 90 degrees up, and down - giving huge emphasis on the antigravity.

Many of the other courses, I don't really feel it, like, ok, the background is upsidedown, so?

Dragon Driftway is confusing and it gives me a vertigo, whiplash, motion sickness, and a headache all at the same time.

To be honest a lot of the anti-gravity feels shoe-horned in. Especially with GBA Mario Circuit. "Oh, we gotta showcase our new game mechanic, let's throw some track designs at a wall and see what sticks".

Pathetic.

Back