The Bird With Batrachotoxin
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Hello, all of you readers (first-time and long-time alike) of The 'Shroom! It's a new year, and we have a new issue of the same old paper to help you get your year off to a bright start. In other words, that's right, it's time for issue 178 of The 'Shroom!

We have our usual offering of six teams and the Spotlight, but there's a few extra highlights for all of you in this issue.

First off, speaking of highlights, we have our 'Shroomfest Highlights, where you can see the results of the December issue's 'Shroomfest event and read the accompanying ending story.

Our second extra feature this issue needs to be prefaced with an announcement. As of last night, Ninja Squid and Waluigi Time officially won the 2022 'Shroom Director Election, and will be your Director and Sub-Director for the year! A big congratulations goes out to the both of them. Please do give them your support this year as you continue to support the paper and your fellow community members who write for it and participate in its events. Do also take a look at their Directorial Address to get a feel for their plans for the paper for the year.

I could say more, but the paper speaks for itself. Go onwards and enjoy the hard work of all of our writers, and help us to make this a great 2022 for The 'Shroom and the community!

Last edited:
I made my debut in Palette Swap today, I would love it if you all checked out RubberLuigi's Reads. I wrote that story at my uncle's house on Christmas Eve in about two and a half hours and I didn't get up from his couch a single time. Suffice it to say, I had a backache by the time I was done.

Also go check out winstein's, Mags', and Waluigi Time's sections in Palette Swap too while you're at it. There's talented writers all around in this place.

E: I say I made my debut but I've actually been in the Shroom before, six years ago. Don't read it, it's not very good and I don't like it.

Last edited:
We made a small improvement helping you looking for older issues of The 'Shroom using the roman numerals format.

Remember looking for an issue of The 'Shroom, but while searching for it in the search bar, you had a hard time remembering the right roman numeral, because that's the format the newspaper was using pre-Issue 100? Well, you won't have to anymore!

You were looking for Issue 74 (LXXIV)? Simply type: The 'Shroom:Issue 74 in the wiki's search bar, and it will redirect you right away to Issue LXXIV (who thought roman numeral was a good idea anyway :s).

Convenient, isn't it? :yoshi:

We made a small improvement helping you looking for older issues of The 'Shroom using the roman numerals format.

Remember looking for an issue of The 'Shroom, but while searching for it in the search bar, you had a hard time remembering the right roman numeral, because that's the format the newspaper was using pre-Issue 100? Well, you won't have to anymore!

You were looking for Issue 74 (LXXIV)? Simply type: The 'Shroom:Issue 74 in the wiki's search bar, and it will redirect you right away to Issue LXXIV (who thought roman numeral was a good idea anyway :s).

Convenient, isn't it? :yoshi:
No more issue XVIV 😢 (jk I know it was fixed some time ago)

Roman numerals seemed more elegant at the time but yeah lol it was definitely an unnecessary complication.

Hey 'Shroom readers and forum browsers alike, just here to give you a quick update on a change we've made. As of today, all 'Shroom-related threads in the Fan Creations board have been moved into a new 'Shroom Creations sub-board. This change will make it easier to find all 'Shroom section threads in one place, and eliminates the issue of them being buried over time by other Fan Creations threads. If you have a thread that has been moved, you should have been notified already. We hope that you enjoy the new sub-board!

(Also Issue 179 is less than a week away, get hyped!!)

Back