• no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • dislike

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • don't play

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The lack of EXP isn't inherently a problem with these games, but rather, how it's designed around it.

Considering how little leveling matters even in the games that have leveling, it's really not much of a problem for this series.

Considering how little leveling matters even in the games that have leveling, it's really not much of a problem for this series.
How does levelling not matter in games with levelling, if you don't level up you have super low Attack and Defense and a boss can kill you extremely easily.

How does levelling not matter in games with levelling, if you don't level up you have super low Attack and Defense and a boss can kill you extremely easily.

I meant in PM. Other series it depends.

Here's my thing with Sticker Star. Yes, most of the hate comes from fans who wanted it to be like the old games. And yes, if it weren't a Paper Mario game, it probably wouldn't have been so disliked. But I disagree with the idea that anyone who hates it is just "nostalgia blind", and that all of the complaints boil down to "it's not like TTYD so it's bad".

I've never played the first 2 Paper Mario games, but I still think Sticker Star has problems. Things like the lack of EXP, cryptic puzzles, and tedious boss fights have nothing to do with the old games. Even if Sticker Star was a new IP, and had no connection to the Mario brand whatsoever, I would have the exact same complaints for it.

People need to stop saying that people can't judge their opinion of the game separate from the Mario brand. Fact of the matter is, it IS a Mario game, it IS a Paper Mario game, and a lot of people like Paper Mario BECAUSE it's Mario. Super Paper Mario wouldn't be Super Paper Mario if you decide to ignore the branding.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star is an interesting case where I still kind of like it more for nostalgia reasons than it maybe being an objectively great game, as it's the first 3DS game I ever put the cartridge in and played. Sure, the flaws are there but I have at least more of a soft spot for it than most people do. That being said it's a contender for still being the weakest Mario RPG, although I remember enjoying Partners in Time sometimes less than Sticker Star (although I admit objectively Partners in Time is probably the better game since it's more original)

I admit objectively Partners in Time is probably the better game since it's more original

Partners in Time is objectively the best RPG ever created but you can enjoy the game less, it is your subjective opinion after all.

Back