Poll: Which Do You Think Is The Best Outside Drift Bike In Mario Kart Wii?

Which Do You Think Is The Best MKWii Outside Drift Bike?

• Standard Bike S

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Bit Bike

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Standard Bike M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sugarscoot

• Zip Zip

• Standard Kart L

• Wario Bike

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Shooting Star

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Phantom

• Total voters

Greninja The Mario Karter

Greninja the Water/Dark Ninja
Pronouns
He, Him, His
Barely anyone uses outside drift bikes in Mario Kart Wii nowadays due to their poor mobility comparable to that of karts, but this poll will determine which one is the best outside drift bike.

It's easily the Wario Bike.
Here are some random stats:

SizeHeavy
Speed50
Weight70
Acceleration60
Handling63
Drift26
Off-Road66
Mini-Turbo59
UnlockingHave at Start

It's easily the Wario Bike.
Here are some random stats:

SizeHeavy
Speed50
Weight70
Acceleration60
Handling63
Drift26
Off-Road66
Mini-Turbo59
UnlockingHave at Start

The in-game default stats for the Wario Bike are as follows:
StatScore
Speed37/80 (46.25/100)
Weight59/80 (73.75/100)
Acceleration51/80 (63.75/100)
Handling56/80 (70/80)
Drift21/80 (26.25/100)
Off-Road45/80 (56.25/100)
Mini-Turbo48/80 (60/100)
Strengths: Weight, Acceleration, Handling, Mini-Turbo
Average: Off-Road
Weaknesses: Speed, Drift

I don't play Mario Kart Wii competitive (only for fun and to make Wario last place as I free fly him off a cliff), but I like scooters the most so I like the Sugarscoot the most out of the bikes (I also like its horn). The City Tripper in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was also a good edition.

The Wario Bike may be the heaviest bike, but that poor drift stat is a highly notable flaw when taking sharp turns. And unlike the Phantom, it can't drift on normal off-road, unless you're playing as Dry Bowser.

Frankly, finding the best outside drifting bike in Mario Kart Wii is a rather fickle topic, since out of all the outside drifting bikes, only the Standard Bike S and Shooting Star have a drift value that's greater than 50, and all the outside drifting bikes are slower than three of the big 5 vehicles.

My fav is the Shooter Star.

Hmm.. it always served me well. I never had a problem with it.

Nobody has voted for the Phantom. Guess the Phantom is an extremely unpopular vehicle. It may be the only large vehicle that can drift off-road with an off-road stat of 56, but it's also the only bike with a drift stat lower than 20. It has a drift stat of 17, meaning it has the worst drift in the game, and this is a huge problem, as its abysmal drift stat, combined with its already wide outside drift, makes it nearly impossible to use on tracks with sharp turns like N64 DK's Jungle Parkway or SNES Mario Circuit 3. You have to be an ace to use this vehicle. I could say the same for other vehicles like the Jetsetter or Spear, which have very low stats other than high speed and weight. The Dolphin Dasher may have the worst drift stat among all inside drift bikes with a drift stat of 24, but it drifts inward, making it easier to control.

On top of that, its speed stat isn't really that good to begin with. It has the same speed stat as the Standard Bike M and Magikruiser, meaning all three bikes have a speed stat of 43. It's the third slowest large vehicle in the game, and it's only faster than the Offroader and Wario Bike. Even if Funky Kong uses it, its speed stat will be 47, but it will still be one point below that of the Jet Bubble and Dolphin Dasher, both of which are inside drift bikes and have a speed stat of 48. In other words, the Phantom is basically the Dolphin Dasher, but with outside drift. Similarly, the Zip Zip is the Magikruiser, but with outside drift.

Not to mention it's the second lightest large vehicle in the game, with a weight stat of just 51. It can't push around light vehicles as easily as other large vehicles can. It's only heavier than the Shooting Star, which has a weight stat of 48. Even if Bowser uses it, its weight stat will be 56, but it will still be the same as the Spear and Jetsetter, the latter of which is the lightest large kart in the game.

Last edited:
The Wario Bike may be the heaviest bike, but that poor drift stat is a highly notable flaw when taking sharp turns. And unlike the Phantom, it can't drift on normal off-road, unless you're playing as Dry Bowser.

I agree with these points. Also, its speed stat is 37, which is below average and makes it the slowest large vehicle in the game, meaning it struggles to keep up with the rest of the large vehicles on long straightaways. The Sugarscoot is somehow worse because while it can drift off-road and has better drift, not only is its speed below average, but its weight is as well.

i voted for the ones i can actually drive in

Well, I'm a lightweight driver, so I have access to only the Standard Bike S and the Bit Bike. Both are fine bikes.

Gives me an idea. What if heavyweights have zero inward drift bikes and the drift sucks for the high speed ones.

I usually am only light to mid weight myself, with the exception of Wario.

i never got into heavyweight.

Back