Ranking The Mario Kart Wii Characters

Greninja The Mario Karter

Greninja the Water/Dark Ninja
Pronouns
He, Him, His
In this thread, I will rank the Mario Kart Wii characters.
24th: Bowser Jr (Medium)
Bowser Jr - Mario Kart Wii.png

Bowser Jr is the worst character in the game because he has the lowest stat total in the game, with a stat total of just 6. He gets 3 in Off-Road and 3 in Mini-Turbo, but the Mini-Turbo is all he really has going for him.
23rd: Koopa Troopa (Small)
Koopa Troopa - Mario Kart Wii.png

Koopa Troopa is the worst small character in the game due to his low stat total of 9. He gets a 6 in Mini-Turbo and a 3 in Handling, but again, the Mini-Turbo is all he has going for him.
22nd: Baby Mario (Small)
Baby Mario - Mario Kart Wii.PNG

Baby Mario is basically Koopa Troopa, but he gets a higher stat total of 14, and he boosts the second most important stat, Weight, by 8. However, he still has a Handling bonus of 6, and Handling is the least important stat in the game, so he's low on this ranking. He can be used with the Bit Bike to have the best handling in the game and the Tiny Titan to have the heaviest small vehicle combo in the game. It can also help with the Quacker, which is the lightest vehicle in the game.
21st: King Boo (Large)
King Boo - Mario Kart Wii.PNG

King Boo is the worst large character in the game because not only does he only have a stat total of just 8, but he boosts the two least important stats: Handling (+5) and Off-Road (+3). The Handling can help with the Jetsetter, which has the worst Handling stat in the game.
20th: Wario (Large)
Wario - Mario Kart Wii.png

Wario is basically King Boo, but with a higher stat bonus of 12, and he boosts Weight by 3 and Mini-Turbo by 6. However, he also boosts Off-Road by 3, and Off-Road doesn't really matter much, so he gets this spot.
19th: Birdo (Medium)
Birdo - Mario Kart Wii.png

Birdo is basically Wario, but he has a slightly lower stat bonus of 11. However, the medium vehicles have better overall stats than the large vehicles, putting him slightly higher.
18th: Toad (Small)
Toad - Mario Kart Wii.png

Toad boosts an important stat, Drift, by 6, but he also boosts a not so important stat, Acceleration, by 6. He can be used with the Quacker to have the best acceleration in the game and the Bullet Bike to have the best drift in the game.
17th: Donkey Kong (Large)
Donkey Kong - Mario Kart Wii.png

Donkey Kong has a stat bonus of 10, and he boosts Weight and Mini-Turbo by 3, so these two stats are what he has going for him. However, he also boosts Acceleration and Handling by 2, and these stats don't really matter.
16th: Baby Peach (Small)
Baby Peach - Mario Kart Wii.png

Baby Peach has the highest stat total out of any character, having a stat total of 15. She boosts Speed and Weight by 3 and 6 respectively, but she also boosts Acceleration and Handling by 3.
15th: Diddy Kong (Medium)
Diddy Kong - Mario Kart Wii.png

Diddy Kong boosts Drift, Mini-Turbo, and Acceleration by 3, 5, and 3 respectively. These are the three middle stats in terms of importance, so Diddy Kong gets a middle spot.
14th: Bowser (Large)
Bowser - Mario Kart Wii.png

Bowser may only have a stat bonus of 10, but he definitely boosts the three most important stats: Speed by 2, Weight by 5, and Drift by 3. He can be used with the Piranha Prowler, which is already the heaviest vehicle in the game, to have the heaviest vehicle combo in the game.
13th: Waluigi (Large)
Waluigi - Mario Kart Wii.png

Waluigi has a stat bonus of 14, with his best bonuses being an Acceleration bonus of 6 and a Drift bonus of 5, as well as an off-road bonus of 3. The Acceleration, while not that important, can help with the Flame Flyer, which has the worst Acceleration stat in the game of 16/80. Similarly, the Drift can help the Phantom, which has the worst Drift stat in the game.
12th: Dry Bowser (Large)
Dry Bowser - Mario Kart Wii.png

Dry Bowser is basically Bowser Jr in that he gets Off-Road and Mini-Turbo bonuses, though he gets twice as many points in those categories. He can use these stat bonuses to barely help with the Jetsetter, which has the worst Off-Road and Mini-Turbo stats in the game. These mainly help with the Phantom and Shooting Star, which have the best Off-Road and Mini-Turbo stats among the large vehicles respectively and both drift outward.
11th: Mario (Medium)
Mario - Mario Kart Wii.png

Mario gets a big boost in weight, an okay boost in drift, and minor acceleration and handling bonuses. Not bad for a medium character.
10th: Yoshi (Medium)
Yoshi - Mario Kart Wii.png

Yoshi gives a bonus in weight, drift, and off-road, the first two of which are important.
9th: Peach (Medium)
Peach - Mario Kart Wii.png

Peach can be useful because she boosts speed, acceleration, and drift, the last of which is her best bonus.
8th: Toadette (Small)
Toadette - Mario Kart Wii.png

Toadette gets a small bonus in speed, but she has a good off-road bonus, which allows her to have the best off-road in the game when using the Magikruiser.
7th: Dry Bones (Small)
Dry Bones - Mario Kart Wii.png

Dry Bones is basically a better version of Koopa Troopa and Toad, as he boosts Acceleration, Drift, and Mini-Turbo.
6th: Luigi (Medium)
Luigi - Mario Kart Wii.png

Luigi manages to outshine his brother despite only boosting speed and weight.
5th: Baby Luigi (Small)
Baby Luigi - Mario Kart Wii.PNG

Baby Luigi is basically Baby Mario, but he boosts the two most important stats: Speed by 5 and Weight by 8. With the former, he can make the Blue Falcon even faster and help with the Bit Bike (the former is the fastest small vehicle in the game, while the latter is the slowest vehicle in the game). With the latter, he can make the Tiny Titan even heavier and help with the Quacker (the former is the heaviest small vehicle in the game, while the latter is the lightest vehicle in the game).
4th: Baby Daisy (Small)
Baby Daisy - Mario Kart Wii.png

Baby Daisy is basically Baby Luigi, but she sacrifices 2 points in Weight for 3 points in Mini-Turbo, making her the best small character to use for competitive play.
3rd: Daisy (Medium)
Daisy - Mario Kart Wii.PNG

Daisy is the best medium character in the game due to her having the highest speed bonus of the middleweights: 4. She also has a Handling bonus of 2 and a Mini-Turbo bonus of 3. She is often used with the Mach Bike due to its high Speed, Drift, and Mini-Turbo and inside drift.
2nd: Rosalina (Large)
Rosalina - Mario Kart Wii.png

Rosalina beats out Daisy for the fact that she is a large character. She has a bonus of 3 for Speed, Handling, and Mini-Turbo, making her the second best character in the game.
1st: Funky Kong (Large)
Funky Kong - Mario Kart Wii.png

Funky Kong is undoubtedly the best character in the game. He may only have a stat total of 7, but he gets a 4 in Speed and a 3 in Off-Road, the former of which allows him to have the fastest vehicle combo in the game when he uses the Jetsetter and can help with the Wario Bike, the former of which is the fastest vehicle in the game, while the latter is the slowest large vehicle. It can also help the Phantom with its barely above average speed stat of 43/80. He is frequently used with the Flame Runner, and he has gotten more world records than any other character, along with the Flame Runner and Spear, both of which drift inward.

Blah blah blah Baby Luigi is the best

If we're going based on stat bonus totals, then Baby Peach is the best, while Bowser Jr. is the worst. Unfortunately, Baby Peach's speed stat bonus is weaker than what Baby Luigi and Baby Daisy offer in the small size class.

If we're going based on stat bonus totals, then Baby Peach is the best, while Bowser Jr. is the worst.

The fact that the latter has the lowest stat total in the game is the reason why I consider him the worst character in the game. He boosts Mini-Turbo and Off-Road, and while the former is somewhat important, the latter isn't really that important unless you get knocked into off-road, have a poor drift stat, or accidentally drive into off-road.

Unfortunately, Baby Peach's speed stat bonus is weaker than what Baby Luigi and Baby Daisy offer in the small size class.

Not to mention Baby Luigi offers a stronger weight stat bonus than both baby princesses. With his and Baby Mario's +8 weight bonus, they can use the Tiny Titan, which is the heaviest small vehicle in the game with a weight stat of 35/80, to help make it harder for heavy vehicles to push it around by giving it a weight stat of 43/80, the same weight stat as the Dolphin Dasher and Classic Dragster, the former of which is a medium inside drift bike and the latter is a medium kart. It's more difficult for heavy vehicles to push the Tiny Titan around compared to the rest of the small vehicles, as it normally weighs the same as the Zip Zip, which is a medium outside drift bike (it is also the only small vehicle to be heavier than a medium vehicle, as it is heavier than the Sugarscoot, another medium outside drift bike). Also, with a decent speed stat of 46/80, it doesn't have a hard time keeping up with other racers, and Baby Luigi and Baby Daisy can increase its speed stat to 51/80, making it even easier for the kart to keep up and maintain a lead.

Last edited:
l o r e t i m e.
Is there any reason for saying that Wario is basically a clone of King Boo when the Wario Bike is actually kind of good.

The fact that the latter has the lowest stat total in the game is the reason why I consider him the worst character in the game. He boosts Mini-Turbo and Off-Road, and while the former is somewhat important, the latter isn't really that important unless you get knocked into off-road, have a poor drift stat, or accidentally drive into off-road.

To add to this, Bowser Jr.'s stat bonuses are only half as strong as Dry Bowser's. However, Dry Bowser's off-road bonus is only noteworthy when he's using the Wario Bike and Phantom (both of which are hindered by poor drift stats), since all the other large vehicles can't hold a drift on off-road terrain.

Their stats don't matter when you play against CPUs or battle mode lol. Hell I say the mini stat boosts matter only if you're playing at a super high level

Dry Bones all the way for me.

3ADEC871-6191-4431-8E12-B252765E7AC2.png

I rank them based on how much I like the character and how often I play as them.

Favorites

BabyPeachMKW.png

Every time that I play this game, she is ALWAYS on my team because player 2 always picks her. In my opinion, she is the cutest character in the game and her voice clips sound a lot cuter in this game compared to later games. She is also probably one of the least used characters in the game since the baby princesses aren't very popular and she doesn't have a big speed stat to make people want to play as her...

BirdoMKW.png

Unpopular character + not very useful stats = who is going to want to play as her (other than me)? I like helping out the characters that don't get much love.

RosalinaMKW.png

I miss back when Rosalina had a mature sounding voice. Mercedes Rose and Kerri Kane both did a great job at voicing Rosalina; I hate Laura Fayke Smith's overly excited and girly voice. I also like that in this game she has a Luma with her and it's sweet how she says "We win!" when winning a race and not "I win!"

Good

PeachMKW.png

She's my favorite character in games that have smaller rosters, but in games with larger rosters I'd rather play as others like Baby Peach and Birdo since they aren't always playable while Peach is in everything.

ToadMKW.png

I've always been a fan of Toad since he's one of the cuter characters in the series. With this character you never have to do the stand still mini-turbo since all of his karts have an acceleration stat of 35 or higher.

ToadetteMKWIIMug.png

I do find her to be slightly annoying which is why she ranks lower than Toad.

BabyMarioMKW.png

He's pretty cute, but I don't like hearing him cry when he loses. 😢

KoopaTroopa-MKWii-Icon.png

Another cute character, not much else to say.

DiddyKongMKW.png

I do enjoy playing as him sometimes, and his voice clips for when he falls in lava are pretty funny.

Bowser_Jr_MK_Wii_icon.png

It's funny when he gets hit by an explosive item and goes "Woooooaaaaaaaaaahhh!"

Average

BabyLuigiMKW.png

I don't like him as much as his baby brother, but he's still fine.

MKW_Yoshi_Icon.png

He's alright.

LuigiMKW.png

I wish that I could play as him more often, he's pretty cool.

KingBooMKW.png

I used to like him more.

Meh

MarioMKW.png

The worse Mario brother. Sorry to his fans, but I just find him to be a really dull character.

MK_Wii_Dry_Bones_icon.png

Never been a big fan, but I don't hate him.

DonkeyKongMKW.png

I liked him better in the older games, maybe because he had a different voice back then.

BowserMKW.png

The last character that I can tolerate.

Dislike

BabyDaisyMKW.png

Bad addition, but I guess she is kind of cute.

WarioMKW.png

I'm not a big Wario hater like the twins are, and I don't target him in every race or in battle mode and make his life hell. He's still not very likable, but I don't dislike him as much as the characters below him.

DaisyMKW.png

It's like Nintendo knew who my least favorite characters are and gave them the best speed stats, although I did like her and Baby Daisy back when I first played this game.

WaluigiMKW.png

This is the character whose life I like to make a living hell. Sometimes I wish that he was the twins' target instead of Wario. He's overrated AF.

MK_Wii_Funky_Kong_icon.png

It should have been Dixie Kong. Funky Kong getting into Mario Kart before her is criminal.

MK_Wii_Dry_Bowser.png

One of the ugliest characters in the series, and one of my least favorite newcomers. I don't know who is worse, him or Metal Mario.

Sometimes I wish that he was the twins' target instead of Wario.
Oh, no, he definitely is a target (we never let him in our teams and my sister would go out of her way to beat up Waluigi if she's playing as that red dude OC; I'd probably do it playing as Wiggler IF Wiggler was playable; also Waluigi tends to hover at 9th place, only because Baby Daisy occupies 10th and DK 11th, but there's that modded custom train track where he gets 10th or 11th and we associate it with him), but isn't general prime cut meat like Wario is.

Back