E3 2021 and Summer Game Fest

I am not looking forward to Smash fans endlessly insulting each other of whoever gets in, my experience upfront is that it is going to happen no matter what, might flat out just use Twitter to boost fundraisers and retweet my friends art for awhile because of it

I'm concerned about Ubisoft having a press conference. I'm shocked they were actually allowed to have an event after the fact that there were some Harvey Weinsteins in the company, and a handful of executives left because of said incident.

Also other than Far Cry 6 and their proposed Star Wars game, what really is there to announce, especially given the fact that they've stated that they're focusing less on AAA games throughout 2021 and even next year as they're more focused on VR and mobile gaming now.

focus on mobile gaming lmao were gonna get like the 5th endless runner using rayman legends assets and the whole fanbase will be absolutely fuming once again
anyway they should put out mario + rabbids 2 instead

Maybe a new Rayman?

Michel Ancel left the company, he's an abusive prick, and Rayman isn't as profitable as the yearly asscreed so idk don't expect one

I don't think Ancel was involved in Mario + Rabbids so you can breathe easier.

Since it's all digital this year, I'm hoping for demos to show off the new stuff come directly to us opposed to only being at the show like usual, because, what sense is to make a demo no one can actually play?

Michel Ancel left the company, he's an abusive prick, and Rayman isn't as profitable as the yearly asscreed so idk don't expect one
maybe rayman will be handed to a dev thats actually A Good Person (then again........ ubisoft)

ive read just earlier fans can make an account for the e3 thing and ... it requires a lot of personal info for no reason, and then lets people easily see the personal info !!!
E3's media portal comes with weird "friend-finding" social features to search all registrants?!

Instantly found personal details for an individual, visible to all E3 registrants. Contacted the individual and they've since removed this info.

-
For clarity on this, appears the user attached their personal details to their E3 profile, unaware that it was searchable and accessible to all E3 registrants.
yikes to say the least. and like didnt they keep leaking data even before then? havent they learned?

it requires a lot of personal info for no reason, and then lets people easily see the personal info !!!

yikes to say the least. and like didnt they keep leaking data even before then? havent they learned?

Yeah.

This is such a bad look after they fucking doxxed over 2000 people

It's a week away, why not
  • Challenger Pack 10 (Smash Ultimate)
  • BOTW2, Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 - I think it's overdue for at least a little bit of these games, but these are massive games so I don't think they're coming out this year (at least not Zelda and Metroid)
    • Likely won't happen but Metroid Prime Trilogy HD to tide us over until Prime 4's release would be neat
  • Zelda 35th anniversary stuff - Apparently Mario's was planned for E3 2020, maybe they'll do Zelda's here
  • Another Fire Emblem "Echoes" remake - It somehow feels like time, and that "Echoes" name has to refer to a series of remakes than just Shadows of Valentia
  • Pikmin 4...?

I don't think we're getting a 3D Mario, Bowser's Fury just came out and that seemed like Nintendo testing the waters for the next 3D Mario game they're making. I'd like to be wrong, though!

It feels a bit early for Splatoon 3 as well imo since it's a 2022 release, it seems like something they'd show more of in a future Direct this year.

Last edited:
Hey, folks, tomorrow we are going to be doing a little test, we will be watching streams of E3 from Nintendo from two decades ago(wonder how old people are going to feel when they realize that's not the 90's) with restored quality from a friend of mine, since that friend is mostly in charge, don't have the link and time right now, will update this when he contacts me

Nintendo:
Challenger Pack 10 and 11
BOTW 2
Metroid Prime 4????
More M rated titles that weren't good enough for Nintendo's previous consoles
Zelda 35th Anniversary project
Pikmin 4

Microsoft/Bethesda:
Everwild
Starfield
Obsidian's Elder Scrolls inspired project
Halo Infinite
Forza
Fable 4
Indiana Jones

Capcom:
Resident Evil Village update
New Monster Hunter
Street Fighter VI
Mega Man 12
Ace Attorney
Resident Evil 4 Remake

Ubisoft:
Far Cry 6
Star Wars
Rayman????
Just Dance 2022
Mobile shit
VR shit

Square Enix:
Final Fantasy XVI
New game from the makers of Octopath Traveller
Forspoken
Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2

The only things I want from Square-Enix are Dragon Quest Monsters or a Chrono Trigger sequel/remaster/remake. Neither seem to be happening anytime soon. I'd also say Mario RPG 2 but I know better. From Nintendo there's lots of stuff, but mainly Star Fox and Mother 3. Capcom needs to make a Mega Man Battle Network collection (hopefully including Star Force but of course not) and a better version of Street Fighter 2 (Final Challengers was very underwhelming).

I'm concerned about Ubisoft having a press conference. I'm shocked they were actually allowed to have an event after the fact that there were some Harvey Weinsteins in the company, and a handful of executives left because of said incident.

Also other than Far Cry 6 and their proposed Star Wars game, what really is there to announce, especially given the fact that they've stated that they're focusing less on AAA games throughout 2021 and even next year as they're more focused on VR and mobile gaming now.

Why wouldn't they be allowed to have an event? They're a major company with a lot of employees. I don't know about the situation but only the guilty individuals should be held accountable, not the company as a whole. Lots of hard working people making (some) good games.

Personally I'm glad they're not going to focus on AAA games as much. I have zero interest in virtually any of their major franchises (aside from some licensed stuff like South Park). Still holding out hope for Child of Light 2 and another 2D Rayman game wouldn't hurt either.

I found out Electronic Arts isn't going to have a conference with E3, they're going to be in July. Not like I'll watch them anyway because there's literally only one franchise from them I'm interested in.

Back