What's in a Campaign

Daniel Dyce

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Hey look your ole pal Shoey is getting into the democracy game. Since Robot Wars had a million robots and since I wanna talk about them all I figured instead of my agonizing over picking one i'd instead farm that idea out to you guys the readers! So naturally I decided to steal Blocky's idea but with a little twist. Because Robot Wars aired primarily in the UK and because i'm only covering an individual series for this robot I figured i'd list out some nominees and you guys could vote for who you think is most interesting. Note you don't have to just pick from my list of nominees if you have seen Robot Wars before and have a robot you are interested in seeing be covered you can nominate them and then shill to your hearts content. So without further ado here are my picks for next month's What's in a Campaign
S3 (series 5): The successor to the forgotten Sting robots (not the show remembered constantly labeling the S3 team as newcomers.) After taking series 4 of the team returned with S3 a long cylindrical robot sporting a vertical flywheel. S3 would prove that it's team learned from their previous defeats tearing through 3 former semi finalists (including a grand finalist) on it's way to a top 8 finish.
Fluffy (series 5): Carbide before Carbide Fluffy was one of the first robots who could truly stake the claim to being the next Hypno Disc. Featuring a 20 kg double headed spinning axe (their words not mine) Fluffy was truly a terrifying force. Dominating it's foes with it's spinning weapon Fluffy would meet number 2 seed Pussycat in the heat final. Can this robot do what Hypno disc couldn't and defeat Fluffy?
Hypno Disc (series 4): Runner up in the last wars Hypno Disc returns more dangerous then ever. Featuring improved weapon strength and improved motor reliability Hypno Disc continues to inspire fears in the hearts of anyone it comes up against (to the point that one of it's potential foes intentionally got itself ko'd to avoid facing it). Tearing it's way into a grand final chasing a vengeance match against the machine who beat it last series (Chaos 2) it appears that nothing will be able to stop the terrifying blade of the Hypno Disc as it attempts to claim the UK championship.
Grim Reaper (series 7): Not seen since the 3rd wars the Grim Reaper team returns with a brand new design. Sporting a unique low pressure flipper the grim reaper team is hoping that what they lack in power they'll make up for in the ability to just always be able to fire their flipper. With a weapon that will never run out of CO2 and therefore never losing the ability to flip and the personification of death himself staring down the judges. It seems nothing will stand in the way of the Grim Reaper as it claims to souls of the robots it defeats.
101 (series 3): Successor to series 2's Robo Doc and costing just a pound and one pence don't let this robots cheap cost fool you. 101 was a formidable foe armed with a pneumatic spike and fitted with tracks for increased traction and pushing power. Battling all the way to the heat final 101 would match up against the robot who beat them last year the new and improved King Buxton. Can 101 do what Robo Doc couldn't and defeat King Buxton and move onto the series Semi Final?

AbandonedAnguishedCatfish-size_restricted.gif

Let's play with fire a bit...
Nah, that's not enough, let's do a big Firestorm!

rThYFsS.jpg

Well, I mean vote for Firestorm, I am not an arsonist as far as I know, although I did played once with a flamethrower...
You know what let's move on
If you want to see a mighty flipper at work, you gotta support Firestorm for the next section of What's in a Campaign! This team managed to get to the third place three times during the entire history of Robot Wars (Series 3, Series 5, and Series 6), flipping many robots out of the arena, and even flipping over the house robot Mr. Psycho who weighs more than 750kg (1653 lbs), the only robot who ever did so!

For now though, you gotta see how well Firestorm did during Series 5, but for that you gotta throw your vote for Firestorm!

tenor.gif

VOTE FOR THE FIRE!

I probably should have made this clear but if you're doing a nomination it does need to be like a specific series for that robot not just the robot in general (unless of course it's in only 1 series)

With a weapon that will never run out of CO2 and therefore never losing the ability to flip and the personification of death himself staring down the judges. It seems nothing will stand in the way of the Grim Reaper as it claims to souls of the robots it defeats.

Did someone say death?

Death, death, death, death, death - anything themed aroubd the personification of death has to be good.

Give me Grim Reaper (series 7)

Nominate Behemoth series 7

Last edited:
hypno disk

Hypno Disc (series 4): 4
Fluffy (sereis 5): 1
Behemoth (series 7): 1
Grim Reaper (series 7): 1
101 (series 3): 1
Razor: 1
Firestorm (series 5): 1

Congratulations Hypno Disc and I hope everyone is looking forward to reading about it.

Hey look it's that time again time to vote for more robot action! With Hypno Disc already selected we've got a new nominee to replace him. Remember you are allowed to vote and shill for any robot of your choosing!
S3 (series 5):
The successor to the forgotten Sting robots (not the show remembered constantly labeling the S3 team as newcomers.) After taking series 4 of the team returned with S3 a long cylindrical robot sporting a vertical flywheel. S3 would prove that it's team learned from their previous defeats tearing through 3 former semi finalists (including a grand finalist) on it's way to a top 8 finish.
Fluffy (series 5):
Carbide before Carbide Fluffy was one of the first robots who could truly stake the claim to being the next Hypno Disc. Featuring a 20 kg double headed spinning axe (their words not mine) Fluffy was truly a terrifying force. Dominating it's foes with it's spinning weapon Fluffy would meet number 2 seed Pussycat in the heat final. Can this robot do what Hypno disc couldn't and defeat Fluffy?
Grim Reaper (series 7):
Not seen since the 3rd wars the Grim Reaper team returns with a brand new design. Sporting a unique low pressure flipper the grim reaper team is hoping that what they lack in power they'll make up for in the ability to just always be able to fire their flipper. With a weapon that will never run out of CO2 and therefore never losing the ability to flip and the personification of death himself staring down the judges. It seems nothing will stand in the way of the Grim Reaper as it claims to souls of the robots it defeats.
101 (series 3):
Successor to series 2's Robo Doc and costing just a pound and one pence don't let this robots cheap cost fool you. 101 was a formidable foe armed with a pneumatic spike and fitted with tracks for increased traction and pushing power. Battling all the way to the heat final 101 would match up against the robot who beat them last year the new and improved King Buxton. Can 101 do what Robo Doc couldn't and defeat King Buxton and move onto the series Semi Final?
Atomic (series 7):
Twice knocked out in the heats Atomic returns for series 7 new and improved following a failure to attend series 6. Often a victim of bad luck such as being in the same heat as Chaos 2 in series 4 and being the only seed in the history of robot wars to face another seed in the 2nd round when they were destroyed by Hypno Disc in series 5. Gone was the slim flipping blade of old replaced by that thick beat of a blade allowing them to get under just about anything. Gone was the fragile aluminum armor replaced by armor of solid steel allowing Atomic to stand up to the toughest of spinners. With these improvements can Atomic over come it's demons and make it's first Semi final? Vote for Atomic and see!

Last edited:
Yes hello I am once again voting for Behemoth Series 7

I also recommend everyone else vote for Behemoth Series 7

I have it on good authority that my bestest friend Shoey would like nothing more than to write about Behemoth Series 7

Let's go with one of the best robot ever seen in Robot Wars

Napalm (Series 5) 🤣

Back