Make posts in forum games not count.

I find forum games, roleplay, counting to be part of social interactions the forum provides for people. It's community development, and I think that's what counts. I've seen friendships develop over roleplay (which I can attest to). If people like forum games and prefer those over endless discussions on why Miyamoto is champion master NSMB-style hell incarnate, that's not a problem.

I don't know if it has changed now, but Bulbagarden did not count any post in Fun & Games. It basically dissuaded me from contributing there even if it's active thanks to the higher user active count. I think the current implementation is fine because of the much lower user count.

Plus, the topic creator did create a number of Elimination games that demands a lot of posts to complete (notably, the Crash Bandicoot levels thread is abandoned because of the sheer length), so I'm pretty sure the topic creator would also want to encourage more posts to be created too, so it would stand to reason that not counting them would discourage the posting in those type of threads.

Thank you for reading.

Yeah, some places definitely don't need post count active. Spam forums for sure, and my home forum has it disabled for mafia.

posts in here are not of necessity, you don't get promoted or gain money out of the milestones you reach, it is only something that you can admire. besides, you don't really feel that accomplished when you've reached 10k or something, you just get a simple unnecessary reaction, and then your goal will be set higher. Posts only show how much you've participated or spammed on this forum, you won't really get a praise out of it.

And even then, if the posts don't matter in counting or in roleplay, a lot of people won't be attracted to it anymore, because a lot of their goals in there is to grind their posts

Back