New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Are you getting New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
It just is. ;)

Only a couple more days til the game out. This is going to be the best Sunday since the Super Bowl. :)

They most likely changed Iggy's Hair to make him fit the World 5 theme; Jungle

Crackin355 said:
They most likely changed Iggy's Hair to make him fit the World 5 theme; Jungle
That and probilly also so he and Lemmy don't look so alike.

he and Lemmy were meant to look alike there's the problem

The designers probilly just changed thier minds and decided to draw Iggy differently. There's nothing wrong with that. :-\

Yeah I know but he looks awkward with a palm tree for a head XD.

I think it's kinda fitting.
Like Crackin' said, he's the jungle boss.

Yeah I understand, I do like that he is the tallest now makes me happy to have him as my fav. lol he is finally better at something :)

IGN rated the game 8.9 or something. Personally, from what I've seen of the game, that's an understatement. Craig was complaining mostly about the game not having online, and the fact that he doesn't like the playable characters.

Angry Sasquatch said:
Craig was complaining mostly about the game not having online, and the fact that he doesn't like the playable characters.
Isn't that what everyone is complaining about but don't understand how those things won't work? The online play won't work because of tons of issues and limitations since NSMBWii is a side-scrolling platformer. Different playable characters like Wario and Waluigi wouldn't work because they have special weight, movement, and height issues that would make them drasticly different then the other characters performance wise. Everything is fine the way it is and won't work if it's changed to service what the fans are complaining about.

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Angry Sasquatch said:
Craig was complaining mostly about the game not having online, and the fact that he doesn't like the playable characters.
Isn't that what everyone is complaining about but don't understand how those things won't work? The online play won't work because of tons of issues and limitations since NSMBWii is a side-scrolling platformer.
Also, 9 times out of 10, you'd end up playing with a bunch of pricks that would just throw you into a pit every chance they got. Online is not necessary in a game like this.

I agree with both of you. I actually think the game is set-up perfectly from what I've seen.

Ive grown on Iggy's new look. At first i was like... "Who the hell is that?" I found out later that it was Iggy. I watched a few videos and his battles and i got used to it.

That’s what pisses me off about reviews of this game. It not having online. Super mario bros 1 didn’t have online and it did well. Super mario bros 3 didn’t have online and it did well. Super mario world didn’t have online and it did well. Why only NOW does a Mario game need online to be good?

“Because some of us don’t have people to play with”

Then play it ALONE!

And that’s all I’ll say on the matter.

wsbm said:
That's what pisses me off about reviews of this game. It not having online. Super mario bros 1 didn't have online and it did well. Super mario bros 3 didn't have online and it did well. Super mario world didn't have online and it did well. Why only NOW does a Mario game need online to be good?
That's because there wasn't any internet back then, let alone Wi-Fi. People are just complaining about it because now it exists and Nintendo didn't use it. I ranted about the reviewers a couple times before though, so I'm basicly repeating myself. :P

Honestly, the point is that it's supposed to have something for everyone, which is why I don't like points being taken off for the annoying 4 player mode.

Although it is seemingly annoying as hell that you have to shake the Wiimote AND press 1 (instead of just the latter) to pick stuff up. Why? The latter way worked fine in every other game.

Waddle Dee said:
Although it is seemingly annoying as hell that you have to shake the Wiimote AND press 1 (instead of just the latter) to pick stuff up. Why? The latter way worked fine in every other game.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 1 also the run button? Holding the run button is something done alot by most gamers (not newbies though, that's why they keep dying), it'll get annoying to end up picking something while trying to run. :-\

Waddle Dee said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 1 also the run button? Holding the run button is something done alot by most gamers (not newbies though, that's why they keep dying), it'll get annoying to end up picking something while trying to run. :-\

Have you ever heard of jumping? Also, shaking the remote EVERY TIME seems annoying.

Waddle Dee said:
Waddle Dee said:
Have you ever heard of jumping?
Yes, but jumping while dashing makes you go farther than just jumping. World 8 in SMB is impossible without dash-jumping due to those spaced out one-block ledges.

To answer your question:
Just be glad they didn't select anything worse. :P

Waddle Dee said:
Waddle Dee said:

Have you ever heard of jumping? Also, shaking the remote EVERY TIME seems annoying.

Hm... Maybe it just looks difficult. Perhaps it will seem more easier or more natural when one plays the game.

Super Mario Bros. said:
Waddle Dee said:
Waddle Dee said:
Hm... Maybe it just looks difficult. Perhaps it will seem more easier or more natural when one plays the game.
Per. We'll get used to it after a while. The Star Spin Galaxy had a simular "shake the Wiimote everytime" element. No one ever complains about that anymore.

I'm not to sure about the controls but I'll wait to judge when i try it tomorrow :):):)

Back