New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Are you getting New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-new-super/57913

Shows a bit of Larry's rematch.

We fight the Koopalings once in the fortress, and again in the castle, so we fight them twice per world. Kamek appears in the rematches, and changes the field to the Koopaling's advantage. This leaves Bowser Jr. as the fortress boss of world 8, and Bowser as the final boss.

The world themes are:

World 1: Grassy Plains - Larry
World 2: Desert - Roy
World 3: Ice - Lemmy
World 4: Tropical
World 5: Forest
World 6: Mountains
World 7: Sky
World 8: Lava

Dr. Evil said:
The world themes are:

World 1: Grassy Plains
World 2: Desert
World 3: Ice
World 4: Tropical
World 5: Forest
World 6: Mountains
World 7: Sky
World 8: Lava
Aren't those the same as the DS version (with the exceptions of worlds 3 through 5) ? I guess NSMBWii just must different levels, enemies, and platforms. NSMBWii is starting to seem like an extremly upgraded version of NSMB. Pretty awesome. :)

Where did you get the info about all the world themes? So far, all I can find is World 1 as Plains, World 3 as Snow, and World 5 as Jungle.

KP Blue said:
I know that everyone's complaining about multiple toads, but that's probably 'cause they're gonna throw in DLC later on. I mean, think about it. Games on every other console, and one Wiiware game (I'm lookin' at you, Mega Man 9) have Downloadable Content, and Nintendo is obviously experimenting with new stuff (like that thing where the computer takes over for you. Oh, and if you're wondering if there's gonna be a penalty, there isn't, 'cause you need to die 8 times to get it), who's to say that they aren't gonna throw in DLC.
Nintendo's not the kind of company to do that sort of thing, at least not immediately. I doubt we'll be getting any downloadable content for this game.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=12641

There are 20 bosses in the game. And lots of questions are answered in this article. There are too many for me to copy and paste, so you'll have to click the link and read for yourself. :P

King Cold said:
There are 20 bosses in the game.
The Koopling and Bowser fights only make 16 fights total, so there's 4 currently unknown boss fights somewhere in the game. Maybe they're kind of like the Blue Big Boo of the Donut Secret House in Super Mario World.

it says that Star Coins should be collected because something good happens when you get enough. I bet its the secret bosses and stuff.

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
King Cold said:
The Koopling and Bowser fights only make 16 fights total, so there's 4 currently unknown boss fights somewhere in the game. Maybe they're kind of like the Blue Big Boo of the Donut Secret House in Super Mario World.

x2
__
14+2 BJ fights=16

Bowser and Kamek could be 18, and 19 and 20 could be secret bosses.

Kamek said:
King Cold said:
Or maybe they'll jam them in the final level as mid-bosses. That'll be interesting.

Kamek said:
No, since there are 7 Koopalings and only 2-3 empty spots.
There's 4 spots left. I ment they might put the extra (and posibly new) bosses in the final world to block the way, kind of like they did in Castle Bleck in SPM.

Since it's supposed to be based off a classic game, I doubt they will add any new characters. However, I bet we will see some characters besides Bowser and the Koopalings.

Radical Spartan said:
Since it's supposed to be based off a classic game, I doubt they will add any new characters.
Like the DS version, it's not really based of a classic game, it's a homage/somewhat-of-a-new-SMB-game. It's kind of like a modern cournterpart to the old SMB games. It still adds in new elements and characters. In fact, almost all the bosses in NSMB were new characters.

Kamek said:
King Cold said:

x2
__
14+2 BJ fights=16

What about number 17?

You said Kamek and Bowser could be 18, No 17 was involved in that saying. Now to correct it
Bowser and Kamek could be 17 and 18. 19 and 20 could be secret bosses

Crackin355 said:
You said Kamek and Bowser could be 18, No 17 was involved in that saying. Now to correct it
Bowser and Kamek could be 17 and 18. 19 and 20 could be secret bosses
*Crackin' wins the Nobel Peace Prize* :yoshi:

Vile said:
Vile said:
I also didn't know about the bubble thing.
Slightly makes me think of Bubble Man. :P
I was going more for Yoshi's Island, but whatever. :P
I was thinking of Brawl, how the second player can teleport to 1-player and keep doing it as much as they like.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=12639

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=12641

Classic Controller would be nice, but this game will still rock.

Back