SMG2 or NSMBWii?

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
with the few things we know its difficult, but i bet for SMG2

mario galaxy 2 AND new super mario bros, on WII? dude..... I just have a orga.. :-[ I can't really say wish one is better, each one have their elements, but, I just hope that the koopalings finally make their aparition on the NSMBW, since they were scraped from the last one

SMG2 looks way better. Honestly, from what they showed of NSBWii, it looked awful to me.

Considering that NSMBWii comes out this year and SMG2 next year, why not simply both?
I'm pretty sure that Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be better because it has the awesome music, but NSMB looks fun enough after the DS game was so good.
They really should include a level editor in NSMBWii though, not just into that DSiWare Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

Snowstalker said:
Well, NSMBWii has KOOPALINGZ.

Instant win.
This. I don't know about anyone else, but I was getting sick of Bowser Jr. I'm not saying that I hate him, I'm saying that I was getting tired of them blatantly disregarding the Koopalings by using him in the place of all SEVEN of them. Seriously, why not use them both? It wouldn't kill them.

Anyway, I am beyond excited for these games. This is the first time since the SNES era where a Nintendo system is getting more than just two mainstream Mario games (one platformer, one RPG).

Brie Loader said:
Also, "one platformer, one RPG" wat
I believe he's referring to Super Mario World and SMRPG.

Okay, just to clear something up here... When I said that this was the first time since the SNES era where we're getting more than just two mainstream Mario games, I was talking about the fact that thousands of spin-off titles were released during the Nintendo 64's and the Gamecube's lifespan. During the Nintendo 64 era, the mainstream Mario titles that were released were Super Mario 64 and Paper Mario. For the Gamecube, there was Super Mario Sunshine and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Everything else was nothing but a bunch of spin-off title, and I was getting quite sick of those. In fact, I haven't purchased a single Mario spin-off title (on a console) since Mario Kart: Double Dash!! was released. I would have counted Mario Kart DS, but that isn't a console game.

SolarBlaze said:
Okay, just to clear something up here... When I said that this was the first time since the SNES era where we're getting more than just two mainstream Mario games, I was talking about the fact that thousands of spin-off titles were released during the Nintendo 64's and the Gamecube's lifespan. During the Nintendo 64 era, the mainstream Mario titles that were released were Super Mario 64 and Paper Mario. For the Gamecube, there was Super Mario Sunshine and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Everything else was nothing but a bunch of spin-off title, and I was getting quite sick of those. In fact, I haven't purchased a single Mario spin-off title (on a console) since Mario Kart: Double Dash!! was released. I would have counted Mario Kart DS, but that isn't a console game.

I think they understood, but what they are trying to say, is that counting the RPG´s as mainstream, should make the sports one mainstream too.

In my own opinion, people trying to elitize the ones they like is kinda silly. I mean, come on, they are all MARIO games, and considering Sunshine was the only platformer we got in like 10 years between 64 and Galaxy, we have to thank to the sports and rpg games for contributing so much to the franchise.

Brie Loader said:
It's not about liking or not liking, it's that the RPGs just aren't part of the main series. >_> Why would they be? The main series has always been "platformer"s, so if something openly calls itself something else, if you want to have a line between "main" and not "main" series games, you can't put RPGs on the "main" side.

^This is what I was trying to explain, not putting the sports as mainstream.

Anyway, back on topic, I think that getting both of them should be the option.

New Super Mario Bros. Although, i saw in an interview, with Reggie, the game should be abit harder.

Well, perhaps now that some of us (not me) have played NSMB wii, what do you think? NSMBWii or SMG2?

We should wait for SMG2 to come out just to be fair. Or atleast until we have enough info about it.

NSMBWii is good and all, but I'm still looking forward to SMG2 more.

Uniju's Maid said:
Smashgoom202 said:
...I don't get what you're asking.
Which do you prefer SMG2 or NSMBWii.
Oh, okay.

Well, so far, I'm going with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but if the Koopalings appear in Super Mario Galaxy 2, then I'll be all over that!

NSMBWii was good but i was hoping for a longer more "I Want everything" Game. Star Coins dont count as good after game collectables and i cant be bothered getting the World 9 levels. I'm putting my hopes on Galaxy 2 for now.

Crackin355 said:
NSMBWii was good but i was hoping for a longer more "I Want everything" Game. Star Coins dont count as good after game collectables and i cant be bothered getting the World 9 levels. I'm putting my hopes on Galaxy 2 for now.
How come everyone complains about not good enough collectables or not enough levels? The first SMB had no collectables and only 32 levels and just a mode at the end that changed the enemies. No one complains about that. What other things would they use besides Star Coins anyway? :-\

Back