Do you think Sonic's a better character than Mario?

marios my favorite fictional character like In General but, ignoring that, i dont think either is necessarily worse than the other. you could argue sonic shows more personality, but you could also argue that personality is annoying depending on what you think. i like them both either way

I think sonic is because he's tougher than mario and i like that....but i still like mario:mario:

they both have their merits: sonic is pretty sassy and i like that, while mario is more likable in general, but they also have their problems, like mario not having a lot of character and sonic being annoying sometimes. so really, they're equal

I like both of them! Sonic is cooler, but Mario is kind of... More kid-friendly? More, cute? I don't really know.

Not necessarily. I think both of them have their own charm, so it's not quite fair to put one above the other overall. Mario's design is more of a happy accident mainly to cater to technical limitations, but it ended up in his favour because it is a memorable design. Plus, he has one of the most fitting voice actors for the character and one of the few that is even used in Japan.

Sonic, by contrast, is designed to be a marketable character by virtue of needing to stand out against Mario. He's also got an attitude that may be irreverent but not extremely so, unlike a good number of imitators (Bubsy comes to mind). The fact that he's SEGA's longest reliable character really speaks volumes on how great Sonic as a character is.

So basically I don't see a point in putting one over the other, but if you ask for my preference, I would say Mario.

Thank you for reading.

Mario is intentionally a blank character which is great for a game avatar but awful for storytelling. Sonic has cool guy attitude but he's obnoxious which makes him unlikable. But that's still actual personality so I'd say Sonic is the better character.

Back