how do you mostly use/prefer using the switch?

do you mostly use/prefer handheld or doc?

• mostly use handheld and like it more

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • like docking more than handheld, and use it more

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • always use doc, but prefer the handheld mode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the opposite of the previous choice

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 50/50 all

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I always use table top mode, but prefer the one or both of the other options

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • have always played docked, but prefer table top

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • use handheld, prefer table top

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Chair

yo that's a sick chair tho
Pronouns
He/him
the switch has this mechanism that you can dock it so you could play it on Tv, computer, etc, or you could play it handheld, which could be useful if you're going somewhere and don't wanna stop playing, or some for some other stuff. If you own one, then which one do you prefer or like more?
I mostly use it on the doc, and also prefer it on the doc.

I like it on TV, but I rarely get to use it on there, as I most of the time watching other TV. So, most times I use it on handheld mode.

I usually play it docked, because drift is ass to work with.

I have a personal Switch (Lite) and a family Switch (original model). I use my personal Switch more often due to the nature of portability, but docked Switch is definitely a better experience overall due to higher resolution and couch multiplayer.

I generally prefer handheld mode over console because it just gives me the freedom to play a game whenever more easily.

It's nice to play my games on the big screen, but I also like taking it with me when I'm on the go.

using it docked is definitely the ideal way to play for me. i only bring it with me if i'm staying somewhere else for more than a day. since my joycons drift like mario kart, whenever i play in handheld mode, i put the switch on a table or my legs and use my pro controller (the leg way is just as uncomfortable as it sounds). but yea. whenever i have the chance to play on a tv i take that chance

ive literally never played docked LMAO i dont have my own tv and i dont wanna set it up to my parents tv to not bother them. even though my mom still suggests occacionally i check it out
so i only ever play tabletop which isnt an option in the poll for some reason. baiscally just detaching your joycons and using the switchs kickstand. i actually like it that way, at least until i get my own tv sometime in the future or something

Honestly, I always go for docked mode. I can get a bigger view of the screen and the graphics stand out a lot more. Also, I don't have to use the Joycons, because mine are drifty as hell.

ive literally never played docked LMAO i dont have my own tv and i dont wanna set it up to my parents tv to not bother them. even though my mom still suggests occacionally i check it out
so i only ever play tabletop which isnt an option in the poll for some reason. baiscally just detaching your joycons and using the switchs kickstand. i actually like it that way, at least until i get my own tv sometime in the future or something
ah yeah, sorry because I forgot this option I'm gonna edit the poll

I've played it mostly handheld, but have recently been playing a few games docked. But most of the time, I don't really have access to a TV that that isn't the family one.

I practically only use handheld. I just find handheld more convenient (which is why I vastly prefer handhelds in general), plus having it docked takes up valuable hdmi ports I would rather use for other consoles. I also don't find docked that much more enjoyable than handheld either, so I only use docked when I need to record footage longer than 30 secs or when I'm playing Ring Fit Adventure. My current Joy Cons thankfully don't drift (And I don't have/want a pro controller anyways). There hasn't been many times where I would want to use tabletop mode.

Back