Why does Oda Nobunaga get so many games and anime and manga and shit?

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
From what I've read in a book he's a warlord who unified a lot of Japan and is a super controversial figure. Ok, but why the hell is he the protagonist of so many of these things? He's fucking everywhere lol.

From what I've read in a book he's a warlord who unified a lot of Japan and is a super controversial figure. Ok, but why the hell is he the protagonist of so many of these things? He's fucking everywhere lol.

Eh? If anything he's more often featured as a villain.

The best way I can put it is uhhhhh, that Oda Nobuga isn't the Japanese equivalent of Hitler, but he's a convenient stand-in and shows up in fiction for many of the same reasons Hitler does.

Of COURSE he's in everything, DC didn't renew their copyright, so the character is in the public domain! Anyone wanting to rip off Superman could just use Oda Nobuga, since he's the exact same character, but free!

for a second i mistook this as a thread about Eiichiro Oda, creator of One Piece. And I was like, yeah why does he?

But yeah that Oda the warrior guy was annoying because it felt like some kind of obvious political thing overflowing the crunchyroll library. Or like, Japan learns about him in school and random anime/manga creators profit off of it as a 'hot topic'? not to be confused with Hot Topic tm. Either way personally I find the whole theme boring.

-name recognition
-historical significance
-exists in a time period that's full of potential to write about
-so long ago that nobody has any real personal attachment

there ya go

Plus he's just got a great memorable name.

Back