The official "Ask more about our OCs" topic

For me:

Dark Light: Dark Light doesn't eat fast food often but if she does, she has a preference towards BBQ sauce.
Redshift: Ketchup. He cannot handle spicy condiments at all, so things like mustard or hot bbq sauce is out of the equation.
Ray Trace: Mustard. He's colored like it and he likes it.
Bluminescence: He doesn't have a specific taste as he'll eat anything, but ranch is his favorite.
Ultra Violet: BBQ sauce is his favorite. He does not like mustard all that much.
Kontrast: Also BBQ sauce. He likes his with a little bit more kick in it.

What is/hypothetically would be, your Original Character's bed time routine?
i.e. what they do before bed or to prepare themselves for bed.
Blitz: 1AM (bedtime), 10AM (wake up)
Viri: (Same as Blitz)
Agnes: 9PM (bedtime), 10AM (wake up)
Demior: 12AM (bedtime), 6AM (wake up)
Skye: 10PM (bedtime), 7AM (wake up)

This is hypothetical as my characters go through a lot of shenanigans.

honestlty just about anything! i would like to talk about the fools but i dont get much opportunity to

What dipping sauce do your OCs prefer on their fries/nuggets?
Blitz: BBQ sauce
Viri: None
Agnes: Doesn't eat almost any fast food, eats sushi or pizza every day.
Demior: Same as Viri
Skye: Same as Blitz

What's your OCs favorite foods? (hope this wasn't asked yet)

What do you wish people would ask more about your ocs?

Anything, really. Love my stupid guys.

Dark Light: Donuts
Redshift: Grilled salmon
Ray Trace: Pizza
Bluminescence: Spaghetti and meatballs
Ultra Violet: BBQ'd ribs
Kontrast: Rib eye steak

edit: and oh right i found a big ol set of oc intervierw questions on tumblr yesterday or so, so if any yall need it for yours here you go https://deinocheirus.tumblr.com/post/650615035271544832/oc-interview-questions
other oc related tumblr posts i had bookmarked:
oc character flaws https://warehouse-18.tumblr.com/post/646172597730541568/ask-me-about-my-ocs-character-flaws
oc drawing prompts https://vyscera.tumblr.com/post/156870876663/27-drawing-prompts-to-round-out-your-oc
and "oc asks that reveal more than you think" https://yvesdot.tumblr.com/post/174581055168/oc-asks-that-reveal-more-than-you-think-do-they
not sure if anyones gonna use them but they should be a pretty good source of additional questions n such

I took a look at Zelen's tumblr post and I wanted to answer the question blocks presented in there. I can't answer with all six of my guys, so I'm just going to make Dark Light answer this.

Who makes up your family? How close are you to them?

I'm basically the only child in my family. I haven't really communicated with them since my departure to Mushroom City; when you're a Commander and a police officer, it's like managing a family of your own on top of a job, really. I do like to speak with them sometime, but I'm far too busy thinking about my own jobs, duties, and relationships to consider.

Who is your best friend? Tell us about them!

Undoubtedly Redshift. He's my boyfriend too on top of it. Before that, he was a reliable second-in-command, and I could count on him to lead the group if I'm busy at my job.

What is your favorite childhood memory?

I have extremely supportive parents. I don't know how I could survive without them; they were the ones who let me be whatever I wanted to be when I grew up and they were always aware of my unique condition among my peers.

What is your least favorite childhood memory?

I wasn't born with a typical female body, so life at school was difficult, and it was especially highlighted in my puberty years. I was subject to a lot of teasing and shaming.

What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?

Watching shows like Cops, talking nature walks (difficult to do in the urban sprawl that is Mushroom City), socialize with Redshift.

What's the hardest thing you've ever had to do?

Often times, the Protectors find themselves in a whole array of sticky scenarios. I can't think of any that particularly stick out in mind, but one of them was first setting up the base in Mushroom City and establishing connections with the general public. Moving out and in is always extremely difficult, and it is no different with moving into Mushroom City.

Who do you look up to?

Princess Peach. She's an effective ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom. Even if I do firmly believe she can do with far better security than she has.

What do you think had the biggest impact on you growing up?

As I said earlier, I was born with a unique condition that made me appear as a male to my peers, but I'm still classified as female by the stork. The impact that has had on me was lifelong, still currently facing social challenges as a result from it.

Are you a spiritual person? If yes, what do you practice?

I don't believe in that bunch of bunk.

Where were you born? Where did you grow up? Where do you live now?

I was born and grew up in Moonview City, in Mushroom Kingdom. Now I live in Mushroom City.

What is your favorite type of media (TV, movie, books, etc)? Name some specific favorites (which shows, movies, books, etc do you like)!

Television. I like Cops and Live PD. Those shows I watched growing up, and it helped me obtain an interest in law enforcement.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? (on vacation or permanently!)

On vacation? I'd like to visit the Boggly Woods again. Lovely place.

You're given an unlimited budget to build anything you want! What do you build and where do you build it?

I'd just use the funds to build a better and more expansive Protector Base, really.

What are your favorite music genres?

Electronica, symphonic metal, though I'd listen to most music. Just as long as it's not that terrible amalgamation of """music""" you call rap.

Do you play any instruments? Which ones? How long have you been playing?

Do you count jamming on the piano when you were a child "playing instruments"? If no, then nope, I don't play them.

Describe your perfect day.

I love going out on dates with Redshift, because he seems to know what places I like and what places I don't, so no matter where he picks, I always have a really good time with him.

What makes you laugh?

Oh jeez, I'm not really the type of person who has a good sense of humor, but seeing some of the weird stuff in my job sometimes puts a little light edge on what is otherwise a stressful job? One of us had to tase a pig once, and we had to make THAT joke about it. The pig's fine too, don't worry about her.

And admittedly, Ray Trace DOES do funny quips once in a while....

What's the best way to cheer you up?

Knowing I have a supportive group of Protectors who would obey me and are pretty loyal, don't have much issues with them, like, going to perform mutiny against me.

What makes you sad?

Sometimes, seeing people less privileged than me live on the streets. As a cop, I occasionally have to deal with them and inside, makes me pretty sad I can't really help them.

Describe your biggest pet peeve.

Litterbugs. All of them. They can go live in a landfill for all I care. Same with people who willingly pollute our living space around us. I'd say we should just jail them and let them live in their own filth and squalor.

Describe your ideal partner.

He's called Redshift.

What's the easiest way to flirt with you?

I'm normally not the flirtatious type and I'll reject all flirts if I don't know you. It took a while for me and Redshift to take this relations to the level it is now...

Have you ever had a crush on someone? Do you have a crush now?

No. In fact, I think our relationship started because Redshift developed a crush on me.

What would you consider your main love language?

I'm asexual and demiromantic (I considered myself aromantic before I met Redshift). I don't have the slightest clue. A lot of this love stuff I learned from him.

Freebie! Come up with your own question for the character to answer!

People who anger me the most are the unsympathetic people. You know, that includes litterers, bigots, and criminals of all sorts. I despise selfish people and you should too.

Reactions: zel
most awesome importnat lore question: who do/would your ocs main in mario kart (https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_(series)#Table_of_playable_characters)

lily: you would assume daisy, which would be fair, but she would rather actually play as petey (lets pretend hes not exclusively in mkdd...) because hes funny. sometimes rosalina
cilia: Funky Kong . or whoever she deems the most fashionable in a given mario kart title. sometimes plays pgp or something because she finds others reactions to this really funny

most awesome importnat lore question: who do/would your ocs main in mario kart (https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_(series)#Table_of_playable_characters)

This is an awkward question: why not play as themselves?

bxmYIaW.jpg

What are your OC's favorite movies?

I'm not really a huge movie watcher in general so I can't really answer this question.

How good is your ocs' memory?

Dark Light: She has very good memory. If you wrong her in a way, she WILL remember it and she WILL hold it against you.
Redshift: Also has a very good memory, being the reliable second-in-command he is. He prefers to write things down to remember it properly.
Ray Trace: Doesn't have a good short-term memory of course but he does have a good long-term one.
Bluminescence: A bit clumsy on the short term but better than Ray Trace's.
Ultra Violet: He can remember things I guess. Probably as good as Redshift and Dark Light.
Kontrast: He has the worst memory of the group, being forgetful is one of the premier negative traits he has. He can even forget what he's doing in the middle of a task.

another oc question post i found on tumblr
i had another one bookmarked but its . gone now for some reason

heres a bunch of specific questions id like to copy paste from there that r interetsing and would also be easy to answer for me with my two fools Lmao
3. What is the meaning behind their name? Do they have any nicknames?
29. How would they describe their own personality?
37. How easy is it for them to say "I love you"? Do they say it without meaning it?
41. What does their laugh sound like? Do they snort when they laugh? How often do they laugh?
45. How would they describe their own appearance?
74. What weather is their favorite? Do they like storms?
82. What is their handwriting like?
91. If they were a tweet, what tweet would they be?

3: for lily this is actually kinda dumb as hell lmao
i was looking for plant related names because i already decided she was a gardener by this point and stumbled upon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_symbolism its all this articles fault
image.png

upon further inspection!!! i dont see that flower representing this anywhere besides this one wikipedia article!!! But this fit too well by now its just a nice name i think
for cilia: this ones entirely thanks to shokora here and also my spore brain
nameeeeeee-just-in-case.png

74: when its raining cilia will just crawl out like an earthworm and be under the rain the whole time yeah she really likes rain

82: lily kinda average regular handwriting. pretend like my mouse hand writing but not with a frickin mouse
cilia basically has somewhere between Segoe Print and Segoe Script

91: looking at my bookmarks
lily: https://twitter.com/country_kong/status/1368872321704882176
cilia: i dont think i can find it but i extremely distinctly remember a tweet with just a photo of this shirt. not this exact image but it had this shirt on it
81Hn2nYSb%2BL.__AC_SX342_QL70_ML2_.jpg

i meant to answer moreof those i quoted but i realise its late ahhh

Will answer the OC block later, but if you had to give your OCs theme songs, what would they be?

Dark Light - Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - The Jazz Police (self-explanatory, Dark Light's a police officer, and I like jazz)
Redshift - Breed 77 - Quiero vivir (Big fan of Breed 77's style of mixing flamenco and metal. Lyrics don't totally suit him but there was a lot of choices to choose from)
Ray Trace - Хэй, Диджей! - Рви Меха (Dunno the lyrics, but the music's high energy and zany style, and in Russian, fits him so well)
Bluminescence - Charles Trenet - Douce France (Classic French song, and Charles Trenet makes very light-hearted, peaceful music, which I think suits him)
Ultra Violet - The Headstones - Cemetery (I mean, Hugh Dillon is the exact voice I use for Ultra Violet, so I immediately think Ultra Violet singing these songs -that's the main reason I made him a musician btw-...it absolutely has to be a Headstones song to fit him. The style also suits him too. Another strong candidate is Change My Ways.
Kontrast - Nachtmahr - Tanzdiktator (I think aggrotech fits Kontrast a lot and not to mention that it's German)

Oh to throw this in, this is the song that plays in my head when the Protectors are dawdling around the Protector base. It's soo fitting, the Protectors are totally Vibin', that's for sure!

Last edited:
So, now that I have OCs I should totally do this...

...IN CHARACTER!

If you've read Megaverse, you'll know who Cayde and Zerris are. For those who don't know, they are characters I created for it (Cayde also makes appearances in Triple Strike Academy and Mushroom City Car Wash)

Do your characters like strawberries?
Cayde: Mmm... Strawberries are like me, sweet!

Zerris: Who doesn't? Strawberries are, like, the best fruit!
Knowing that Ray Trace has a low IQ, what would he do in a battlefield?
Cayde: Huh? Who's Ray Trace?

Zerris: Well, if this so called "Ray Trace" has a low IQ, he'll probably do badly on the battlefield.
How well can your OCs can make a large musical number without any preparedness what so ever?
Cayde: Not very well.

Zerris: Same.
Do your OCs have any idols?
Cayde: No, not really.

Zerris: Sorry, don't have any.
What's your OC's origin?
(Answering this question out of character)
Cayde and Zerris were inspired by the characters of Valerian and Laureline from a French comic book. Cayde has an additional inspiration: Samus Aran.
What would your OCs usernames be if they joined the boards? Bonus points, it can't simply be their real names
Cayde: Uh... Starshine... I guess?

Zerris: Can't come up with anything.
What do your ocs excell at and what do they do very badly?
Cayde: I can run very fast, but I can't swim for the life of me.

Zerris: I can repair things pretty quickly, but I have a hard time writing things down.
Do your ocs have a story that inspires them? Could be real, fictional or in universe
Cayde: That story about the ugly duckling.

Zerris: Those cartoons where the Coyote chases the Road Runner, it teaches you to never give up.
What's a totally random bit of information about your OC's that not many people would know?
Cayde & Zerris: We exist.
What is your character's favorite meme?
Cayde: Uh... meme?

Zerris: Next question, please.
Do your ocs have an easy time making friends?
Cayde: Yeah! I'm a nice person, so I can make friends easily!

Zerris: If I trust the person, then yes.
Tell me a little bit about your ocs' hometown
Cayde: The planet where I come from is mostly dirt and rocks. Every 3 months, they have eclipses.

Zerris: My planet is covered with white sandy beaches and calm, beautiful oceans.
What is your ocs reaction to animals, if they are not one themselves?
Cayde: I LOVE ANIMALS! They're so adorable! Especially puppies and kittens!

Zerris: I like them. I have a dog named Max.
Does your oc have a special way of transportation?
Cayde: No, not really.

Zerris: Unless you count spaceships, then no.
What's your OC's favorite genre of music?
Cayde: Classical music.

Zerris: Jazz and Rock.
What does your oc do for fun?
Cayde: I build models of things.

Zerris: I like watching birds with Cayde, among other things.
Is your OCs related to anything famous?
Cayde: No.

Zerris: Nope.
What is your ocs biggest regret?
Cayde: Saving my sister from getting kidnapped.

Zerris: Leaving my home planet.
Do your ocs have a signature attack?
Cayde: Uh... I guess using a blaster?

Zerris: I can punch and kick, that's about it.
What interests your orcs the most?
Cayde: Animals, building things...

Zerris: The night sky and my girlfriend, Cayde.
What's your ocs first instinct to cheer up people?
Cayde: Ask them what's wrong, then try to help them.

Zerris: Tell a joke!
How do your ocs confront negative emotions?
Cayde: I take a couple deep breaths and reassure myself that everything will be okay.

Zerris: I go somewhere quiet and sit down.
Do your ocs have realtionships with each other?
Cayde: My boyfriend, Zerris!

Zerris: My Starshine, Cayde.
If your characters can drink, what is their alcohol tolerance?
Cayde: I don't drink.

Zerris: Me neither.
What's your OC's favorite time of the day?
Cayde: Nighttime.

Zerris: Afternoon.
What kind of recurring nightmares do your OCs get?
Cayde: Next question, p-please...

Zerris: I very rarely get nightmares.
What is your favorite thing about each of your OC's?
(Since I have a truckload of them, I'll post my list later.)
(Out of character) Cayde has a sweet personality and Zerris is a laid back guy.
What is the hardest thing you have about fleshing out the characters?
(Out of character) Making sure they aren't Mary Sues/Gary Stus.
What's a fact about your characters that you haven't incorporated into anything yet?
Don't have any.
What are the voice references for your OCs?
Don't have any references.
What dipping sauce do your OCs prefer on their fries/nuggets?
Cayde: Ketchup.

Zerris: I like ranch with mine.
What is/hypothetically would be, your Original Character's bed time routine?
i.e. what they do before bed or to prepare themselves for bed.
Cayde: I take a shower, brush my teeth, and then go to sleep.

Zerris: I take a breath mint, then I take a shower, stay up for a little bit, then go to bed.
What do you wish people would ask more about your ocs?
(Out of character) Everything.
Cayde: Yellow rice.

Zerris: I like eating pot stickers and dumplings.
What are your OC's favorite movies?
Cayde: Ever seen "Casablanca"?

Zerris: I don't have a favorite.
How good is your ocs' memory?
Cayde: Pretty good.

Zerris: Same.
Do your ocs have any fancy outfits?
Cayde: I have a beautiful cobalt blue dress that I wear whenever we go out.

Zerris: A polo shirt is all I need.
What does your oc do on their birthday?
Cayde: I like to have a small party with just Zerris and I.

Zerris: Hang out with my girlfriend and go places.

Hope you enjoyed learning more about my OCs!

Last edited:
Will answer the OC block later, but if you had to give your OCs theme songs, what would they be?

Dark Light - Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - The Jazz Police (self-explanatory, Dark Light's a police officer, and I like jazz)
Redshift - Breed 77 - Quiero vivir (Big fan of Breed 77's style of mixing flamenco and metal. Lyrics don't totally suit him but there was a lot of choices to choose from)
Ray Trace - Хэй, Диджей! - Рви Меха (Dunno the lyrics, but the music's high energy and zany style, and in Russian, fits him so well)
Bluminescence - Charles Trenet - Douce France (Classic French song, and Charles Trenet makes very light-hearted, peaceful music, which I think suits him)
Ultra Violet - The Headstones - Cemetery (I mean, Hugh Dillon is the exact voice I use for Ultra Violet, so I immediately think Ultra Violet singing these songs -that's the main reason I made him a musician btw-...it absolutely has to be a Headstones song to fit him. The style also suits him too. Another strong candidate is Change My Ways.
Kontrast - Nachtmahr - Tanzdiktator (I think aggrotech fits Kontrast a lot and not to mention that it's German)

Oh to throw this in, this is the song that plays in my head when the Protectors are dawdling around the Protector base. It's soo fitting, the Protectors are totally Vibin', that's for sure!

Hmm, the only one I can think of is for Green Flash, Gomen Ni Liko Ja Irarenai. I think the flow and melody of the song suits her, and if you look at the translated lyrics, it sorta fits.

What is your OC's favorite place to hang out?

Cayde: I like going to a cafe or a library.

Zerris: I like hanging out at home, but sometimes I go with Cayde to the library.

If your OC's were portrayed in live action, who would play them?

Zerris would be played by Zackary Arthur (kid from the new Chucky series)

I don't know who would play Cayde.

Back