In Which Magolor04726 Ranks Games He Owns.

Mags

Me and my pencil
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
Think I'll do this by console.
This is gonna be hard, because I love all my games.
First, I'll do 3/DS games.
MM%26FACAmericanLogo.png
#21 for me, I'll say Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge. It's fun, no doubt about that, and I enjoy the different abilities the characters have, but my family must've spent over a hundred dollars on amiibo that have ties to this game alone. While it's very fun, this "free game" can open your wallet to more money than any other full price Nintendo game.

Wow, I totally forgot about this thread.
Kirby_Fighters_Z_logo.png

Kirby Fighters Deluxe. I bought this with some spare change I had after buying a game once, I think. It's fun, the special outfits are great, but I feel like it's lacking something... for one, if you play with friends, if they haven't bought it, they only have access to Sword and Cutter. And I feel like it could use an online feature. Also, I actually managed to beat Very Hard as Hammer without dying, expecting a final fight for doing so, but no. There was nothing special for clearing that insanely hard mode without getting killed. Although, Dedede's "Star Rod Hammer Dedede Custom" is pretty sweet...

Does anyone actually read these?

SuperMarioMaker3DSBoxArt.jpg
SMM3DS. This one's a fun game, but I feel that it was severely lacking in... something. I can't specify what, but it's a game that really seems just... there. I was super excited when I first heard about it, but then I played it and found out there was virtually nothing different about it from the original one. I definitely would have preferred a Mario Kart Maker or a Mario Party Maker over this.

DKCR3Dboxcover.png

This game is bananas of fun, but it's not fun enough to rank higher in my list. While I adore the music in this game as well as the booming boss battles and colorful cast of characters (alliteration is awesome), the game can be outrageously hard at times. I must have lost over 150 lives trying to complete the temple levels, and the final level is even harder. And I haven't even gotten to try the multiplayer mode, since I don't know anyone who owns a 3DS and the game. Nonetheless, it's a great game, and I totally recommend it.

Hence forth and forthwith, I shall be changing my style of ranking games to a point system.
When I rate party games, (and the system will change per type of game) I'll give them points as follows:
One point if I liked it (1), one if the party mode/main mode is good (2), one for music (3), one for a story mode, if one is present (4), one for minigames, boss battles, and the like (5), one for extra features (6), one for map creativity (7), one for cast (8), one for comparison to others in the series (9), and one for multiplayer function (10).
MPDSNA.jpg
1. I liked it, it was a pretty good game, but it does seem lacking or overdone in areas. +1 point.
2. The party mode is fine, I liked how each map has a different way to get Stars (like most), but the games tend to drag. +0.5.
3. Now the music I loved. It may be a little grainy, but I liked them, they all fit well. +1.
4. The story mode was a decent length and I liked the ending. +1.
5. See, this is where I'm torn. Some of the games I loved (Camera Shy, for one), but others were... not so great. (Chance games always send chills down my spine.) But I enjoyed the boss battles (except for Piranha Plant. My hand aches just thinking about it). +0.65
6. All the extra treasures are a really neat way to keep you playing and hunting for them, but maybe there's a little TOO many treasures. +1 nonetheless.
7. The maps... hmm... those were neat. I liked the music room, and the jungle, and the library was clever. +1.
8. Now, I could have done with a slightly larger cast, but I know it was a handheld, so there's not much room for it. +0.6.
9. Comparing it to other games I've played, it'll take fifth out of ten Mario Party games. +0.5
10. Oof... this one's a biggie. While the multiplayer function is great, you don't get to experience it often, even if you live in the same house as someone who has a DS to play with you. +0.

Summary: Despite the flaws, I still like this game, and am currently attempting to clear Story Mode as everyone. It's overall score is 7.25, dropping somewhere around the upper middle class of games I enjoy, also landing in a category of games I like, would buy at a reduced cost, or enjoy as a gift and at parties. Let me know what you think of this new system!

Here's my system for platformers:
One point if I liked it (1), one for characters and cast (2), one for world count and creativity (3), one for items/abilities (4), one for boss battles (5), one for music (6), one for the main game mode (7), one for bonus modes (8), one for multiplayer (if present) (9, and one for length (10).
NSMB2_NA_box_cover.png
1. I liked this game... somewhat. It seemed... I dunno, lacking about something. +0.7.
2. The cast in this game was great, I liked how they pulled out the Koopalings and left out Kamek and Junior (although I do love that duo) but I don't even know how to play as Luigi. +1.
3. The worlds were your stereotypical Mario worlds: grass, desert, water, snow, jungle, mountain, sky, lava/Bowser, and other-worldly star lands. +0.5.
4. I loved the new Fire Flower variation in this game, and it was so satisfying too. The other items were good too, I liked how they brought the Super Leaf out. +1.
5. The boss battles in this game were good Koopaling fights. And the final boss was great. The end. +0.75.
6. The music was nice and familiar, with a lot of cues seeming to have dome from NSMBW. +1
7. The main mode was great, with tons of levels to try to find access to. (Beat it at 100% recently. Took me forever to find some of those secret paths.) +1
8. The bonus mode is also really clever, I like how you have to grab as many coins as possible while staying within 100 seconds. +0.9.
9. The "multiplayer" was just another ploy by Nintendo to take your money. You need two copies of the game in order to play with others, which really stinks. +0.
10. The length was a bit too long for me. It took me four years to 100% it just because of the secret passages. +0.3.

Summary: This game earned an overall rating of 7.15, lower than the previous one, but the quality of the game made me put this one over MPDS (Which may have been a mistake). I liked the game, and it landed somewhere around the middle ground of games I like, while landing at games I would buy at a reduced cost, or enjoy as a gift at parties.
-Mags.

Last edited:
And now, for my very first 3DS platformer:
SM3DL_UScover.png
1. Definitely like this game. It was great, greater than great. +1.
2. This cast was definitely overflowing with new characters and had several familiar faces thrown in as well. +1.
3. The worlds were really interesting, because they didn't conform to one theme at any one time, they would erect a mountain here, send you to the clouds there, send you underground elsewhere, and I liked it more than a stereotypical one style format. +1.
4. Now, while the introduction of the Boomerang Flower was top notch, I wish they had added another brand new item that wasn't necessarily based on an existing ability. +0.5.
5. The boss battles weren't always boss battles, but were sometimes replaces with speed runs. It kept it from getting boring, but I would have preferred them adding Bowser Jr. in the non-main story modes. +0.5.
6. The music was pretty darn good, with a few decent remixes as well as a nice main theme. +0.8.
7. The main mode was pretty good, with not-too long or short levels, and enough content to keep you interested. +0.8.
8. The bonus mode, in my opinion, were the (SPOILER!) eight secret worlds you unlock after beating Bowser. Those were interesting, because they were harder remakes of familiar levels, and the true final level was outstanding. +0.9.
9. No multiplayer was present, which was actually a good thing. I think an extra player or three would have made the game worse. +0.9.
10. The length for the main mode would take someone playing the game for an hour on the weekends about two months to beat the main mode, but about a year playing it off and on to 100% it. Nice length. +0.9.

Summary: The game earned an overall rating of 8.3, reaching the highest so far. The game was amazing, with no big issues, and it stands out among 3D Mario games. It would land in the lower-upper class of games, and a game that, when it was first released, I probably would have bought full price.

Back