Giving Fanfiction A Go Here, I Guess

Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
(I used to write fanfiction and drew several concepts of fan games way back in the day, but I never really did anything with other properties much after I started making my own. So I thought I'd give it a whirl again, see how it goes. Yet another thread I make late at night :P Will update whenever I feel like it. First thing I learned is I cannot tab properly here.)

In a far off kingdom, deep in the Runesgate Mountains, a place filled with a magic aura, a mist of fog to non-magic users, lies a cave. The cave runs deep into the mountains, filled with turns only the resident, an old witch, knows her way through. She is a small thing, hunched over with long white hair and wears a dark-purple robe. If it wasn't for a youthful face, she might be mistaken for a generic witch. This face is the cause of her magic, but alas, it can only lasts so long. This witch, who goes by the name Everlyn, has lived for hundreds of years, her time spent searching for the magical potion that will grant her everlasting life, prolonged by other spells. Currently, she stands at her cauldron, plopping in ingredients and mixing them together... which results in an orange explosion, filling the room. Everlyn coughs and tries to fan away the fumes with her robe.

"Orange? Orange?!" she yells out. "It's not supposed to be orange! Ugh, what am I missing here?!" Everlyn makes her way to her spellbook once the fumes clear enough and goes over the recipe once more. "One wing of Keese, five leaves of an evergreen tree, two stumps of a shaking lamb's tail, a dash of Dash Pepper... Ugh, I'm running low on 1-Up Mushrooms. Do you know how hard those are to find, Tom?" she turns to call to her picture of her late husband. "Always in Hidden Blocks somewhere, it takes forever for me to locate them." She continues to look over her spellbook to no avail, closing the book forcefully in frustration. "I don't get it! What am I doing wrong?" She slumps in a nearby chair, going over the steps in her head. After a few moments, she leans forward, thinking. "It must be the blood." she says. "The book calls for the blood of a hero. I took blood from some small-time heroics, but... Is it not good enough?" She slowly gets up and walks over to her picture of Tom, picking it up. She looks at him, a youthful man from long ago, staring back at her with narrow brown eyes. "Don't look at me like that." Everlyn grunts. "Always judgemental... I'm not going to be a bad guy, I just want to live forever, get my youth back! But a hero isn't going to just... give me their blood. The blood I did find was found on the ground, so it's possible it was contaminated. ...Very possible, actually." She sets the photo back on the shelf and begins pacing.

"But what hero does the book call for? Is it a minor hero? A legendary one? Some mercenary that ended up being in the right place? It just says "hero." There's a great deal of heroes out there, how will I know which is the right one?" Everlyn sighs and slumps back in her chair. She eyes her picture again. "Ask nicely, you say? Do you know how many people I'd have to "ask nicely"?" she scoffs. "No, to do this, I will need help. A lot of help." She looks over at her spellbook and gives a slow smirk.

"And I know just the people to call."

"..."
"...most..."
"Try......just..."
"...awaken..."

Everything is dark. There is a male's voice sounding nearby. His voice is muffled, as if speaking underwater, and goes on for a while. There's occasionally a young girl's voice mixed in, and various clicking noises.

"There!" he finally exclaims. There is a pause for a few seconds before he continues. "Hmm, well, at least the audio sensors are working. This is proving to be far more difficult than I imagined..." There is the sound of a beard scratching.

"Doctor, keep trying," a girl's voice says. "It's been a long time..."

"Well, for now, let's see what we can work with," The doctor clears his throat. "You can hear us, so let's test the verbal adjustments. Why don't you tell me the first name that pops into your mind? We need something to call you by."

(Welcome to the interactive fanfiction! The story will be mainly written by me, but I want there to be a few points where the story is controllable. Text in blue are prompts that need to be answered, and will usually tell how many answers I am able to take for it. In this case, the first person to give me a name will have that name be used in the story.)

What about... Gamers?

Like, it fits for any situation especially since many can interact and I feel like it's just something that could flow into the sentences.

I think you should specify your requests here. Are you trying to write a silly story or a serious story? Up to this point I assumed you at least want to take the story seriously, hence I went with a nice, inoffensive name that also hints at the Animal Crossing character. If you go with "gamers" your story has to reflect that odd choice.

I did get the feeling that the thing was not gonna be super serious so I thought my suggestion was cool. If not then I'll go for the next best thing then, no problem.

I'm just kind of winging it. I have an idea for the story, but I thought just writing it and people reading it would be somewhat boring. So like a Choose Your Own Adventure story? I am taking it seriously, I won't allow any responses that are too extreme, though there's nothing wrong with some hilarity.

Go with Isabelle?

Yeah, go with that.

Alex95 requested for a name for a girl so I think "Marty" might require background information before we proceed.

Pretty sure she's referring to the girl who appears alongside the doctor.

Back