• Total voters

MightyMario

The Mightest Mario
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
MightyMario
Pixar has been bringing the most well known and emotional animated movies and shorts since 1995. Talk all about it!

I've stopped taking Pixar seriously after like Cars 2. I liked Inside Out but most Pixar films don't hold up to standards recently, and I've been burnt out by unnecessary sequel after the other like Finding Dory, Monsters University. The Incredibles 2 was such a lackluster film too, Inside Out was predictable. Toy Story 4, didn't like the premise of it and sounded too familiar to the previous ones. Haven't watched Coco, but it might be decent, who knows.

I think Pixar's pretty overrated especially as of recently, but again, I haven't had much interest in movies since Cars 3.

I've stopped taking Pixar seriously after like Cars 2. I liked Inside Out but most Pixar films don't hold up to standards recently, and I've been burnt out by unnecessary sequel after the other like Finding Dory, Monsters University. The Incredibles 2 was such a lackluster film too, Inside Out was predictable. Toy Story 4, didn't like the premise of it and sounded too familiar to the previous ones. Haven't watched Coco, but it might be decent, who knows.

I think Pixar's pretty overrated especially as of recently, but again, I haven't had much interest in movies since Cars 3.
I havent seen a recent pixar film since Finding Dory. Finding Dory is really good in my opinion.

Say what you will about Toy Story 4 but I feel it provided the closure that 3 didn't and it's easily my favorite Toy Story.
Huh, I thought the opposite. I felt that 3 provided a lot of closure and that 4 felt unnecessary after 3 wrapped things up so nicely.

Huh, I thought the opposite. I felt that 3 provided a lot of closure and that 4 felt unnecessary after 3 wrapped things up so nicely.
To me, 3's ending provided a bit of closure, with Andy leaving for college and Bonnie becoming the new owner, but left too much room for a sequel and felt more like a new beginning. 4's ending, on the other hand, was the culmination of the series' entire premise: the relationship between Woody and Buzz. With 4, there is no more room for a sequel, and it just feels complete to me in a way that 3 didn't.

To me, 3's ending provided a bit of closure, with Andy leaving for college and Bonnie becoming the new owner, but left too much room for a sequel and felt more like a new beginning. 4's ending, on the other hand, was the culmination of the series' entire premise: the relationship between Woody and Buzz. With 4, there is no more room for a sequel, and it just feels complete to me in a way that 3 didn't.

Someone finally gets it, Thank you!

On another note, I think the movie also did a big service to Woody's character in general. He was way too dependent of his owners before and seeing him make his own choices for a change is honestly pretty fresh. People say that what he did here was out of character for him but in my eyes it actually strengthened it.

As for which film is my favourite, I'm having a hard time choosing between Inside Out, Toy Story 3, and Wall-E

Someone finally gets it, Thank you!

On another note, I think the movie also did a big service to Woody's character in general. He was way too dependent of his owners before and seeing him make his own choices for a change is honestly pretty fresh. People say that what he did here was out of character for him but in my eyes it actually strengthened it.
I suppose I should revisit 4 sometime to see if I can gain more appreciation for it. Right now it's pretty much my least favorite Toy Story, but I admit that I was already kinda biased against when I saw in theaters due to my feelings that it was unnecessary and possibly a cashgrab. My brother is planning on getting it on DVD soon, so I'll see if it strikes me in a new light once I see it again.

As for my favorite Pixar movies, I'd probably have to go with Toy Story 3, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., Inside Out and possibly Up.

My favorite is Cars and Cars 3, just because I love them sentient cars, grew up with little Hot Wheels, Matchboxes, and Chevron Cars from my childhood.

My fave is definitely Toy Story 3. I love that movie to death.

Some of my favourite pixar movies are Up, Wall E, The Incredibles and Monsters Inc.

Back