Lesser seen interactions

Pink Cat

Not always pink, not always a cat
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
What interactions can you see from characters who don't interact too much or at all?

I can see Birdo and Daisy hosting sleepovers and sometimes inviting Wendy if she hasn't cause any problems lately.

Both Ashley and King Boo know each other and think the other is in over their head with even thinking they're scary and thus, they don't like each other, Ashley sends Wario's left over onions to King Boo

Bowser can't stand K.Rool as he treats his army like Garbage

Last edited:
waluigi and dr crygor would totally compete in who can make the sexiest dance
you know htey both have the roses thing
Dr._Crygor_WarioWare_Twisted.png
WaaHoleInOne.jpg

Any Paper Mario character and Any Mario & Luigi character

:'(

Edit: for examples, Rawk Hawk and the Massif Bros. would constantly try to out-macho each other. Jr. Troopa could serve as one of Popple's 'rookies.' A group of Shroobs could have a skirmish with a group of X-Nauts. Merlon and Dr. Toadley would find chemistry with their fortune-telling & use of crystal balls.

Honestly tho like ok, Paper Mario and M&L characters haven't "properly" interacted, whatever your definition of the expression is, ok? But in my opinion, people within Paper Mario itself need to actually socialize for a change. I've said it once, twice, thrice, many times, and I've advocated it whenever Paper Mario characters are brought up...

There should be a support system between the partners. They should... I dunno, stop being Mario's dogs and actually get to know each other? Like, not even just that but dialogue is always, always directed at Mario. The first two Paper Mario games arguably make Mario into a fucking Gary Stu, because Mario is the hero of whatever and he's the one who'll save the world ALL BY HIMSELF! I dunno, maybe if the partners were actually fleshed out characters I'd start rioting for getting them back into the series. As it stands, they're just glorified upgrades who are sentient. Basically why I prefer the Pixls, because they're actually meant to be just that, while party members just look unique on the surface but they deceive you once you get to recruit them into your army.

tumblr_mhnbbxYK5F1rrftcdo1_500.gifv

Honestly tho like ok, Paper Mario and M&L characters haven't "properly" interacted, whatever your definition of the expression is, ok? But in my opinion, people within Paper Mario itself need to actually socialize for a change. I've said it once, twice, thrice, many times, and I've advocated it whenever Paper Mario characters are brought up...

There should be a support system between the partners. They should... I dunno, stop being Mario's dogs and actually get to know each other? Like, not even just that but dialogue is always, always directed at Mario. The first two Paper Mario games arguably make Mario into a fucking Gary Stu, because Mario is the hero of whatever and he's the one who'll save the world ALL BY HIMSELF! I dunno, maybe if the partners were actually fleshed out characters I'd start rioting for getting them back into the series. As it stands, they're just glorified upgrades who are sentient. Basically why I prefer the Pixls, because they're actually meant to be just that, while party members just look unique on the surface but they deceive you once you get to recruit them into your army.

M&L characters did interact, just not the original ones. Mario and Luigi interact with each other all the time and as my gif shown, Luigi and Baby Luigi have one of the sweetest relationships in the game. Even if Luigi DID end up getting unintentionally hurt by Baby Luigi at points while Luigi is forgetful of Baby Luigi and just as scared as he is.

And yes, I completely agree with your paragraph that the partners could use far more development than they get in the Paper Mario series. They're relevant only to their introduction chapter, the MOMENT they become your partner, everything just drops off and they just stick around with no further development. They're really only interesting for their design, but I can see much further improvement for them. If people want to know what we're talking about, they should explore the realm of JRPGs with expanding character parties.

I didn't say anything about M&L having bad interactions, but otherwise yeah, exactly what you said. In fact I was thinking about you as I was typing, since I knew you to have this opinion as well.

People really need to stop lumping these groups together, the X-Nauts AREN'T aliens.
They may not be, but that doesn't negate that they're both armies that, whether originally from there or not, are coming from space, and have lots of advanced tech (and coincidentally are both from the second game in their respective series).

Heck, the term "alien" technically isn't limited to foreigners from space, it just means foreigner in general.

Mario probably doesn't get along with Waluigi too well since he likes to mess with his younger brother, so he tries not to interact with him unless necessary. The feeling is mutual, but in Waluigi's case, he just can't stand Mario's "goody-two-shoes attitude".

Daisy dislikes Waluigi for similar reasons, but he loves making fun of her, so he goes out of his way to annoy her on purpose. It got worse after the whole situation with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

As both are the caretakers of their respective rulers, Toadsworth and Kamek have a long-running, deep disdain for each other. They're like two old guys with a grudge. Alternatively, Toadsworth gets along just fine with Prof. E Gadd, who in turn is an acquaintance of Prof. Frankly.

Rosalina in general didn't interact much with the rest of the characters until Mario encouraged her to play sports with them and junk. Her current, more down-to-earth demeanor (at least compared to her initial portrayal) is the result of her trying to "fit in" and sound more "contemporary".

They may not be, but that doesn't negate that they're both armies that, whether originally from there or not, are coming from space, and have lots of advanced tech (and coincidentally are both from the second game in their respective series).

Heck, the term "alien" technically isn't limited to foreigners from space, it just means foreigner in general.

That's really reaching my friend.

What interactions can you see from characters who don't interact too much or at all?

I can see Birdo and Daisy hosting sleepovers and sometimes inviting Wendy if she hasn't cause any problems lately.

Both Ashley and King Boo know each other and think the other is in over their head with even thinking they're scary and thus, they don't like each other, Ashley sends Wario's left over onions to King Boo

Bowser can't stand K.Rool as he treats his army like Garbage
Birdo and Daisy do have good chemistry together and Bowser and King K Rool have bad chemistry in Mario Super Sluggers.

Back