How would a Mario level based on a different franchise work?

Pink Cat

Not always pink, not always a cat
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
The world would be pretty boring if all video games played the same, even not all Mario platformers play exactly alike even with the constant shout of "rehash"
We seen glimpse of Zelda, F-Zero, Excitebike, Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Pac-Man so far, let's see how it would go
So, pick one type of Mario game, preferably a platformer and a different franchise, doesn't have to be a game, and how it would play.
Also, Smash, Fortune Street and Mario and Sonic are excluded for obivous reasons

Mine take would be the Monster Prison from the Great Warrior Wall, in NSMBU style gameplay
The enemies are gigangic and you either have to jump over them or temporary keep them still with an ice power up, there is platforms that go up when you jump in thd middle of them, there is one last one that takes you really high, but before you beat the level, you have to surive monsters who appear on the rising platform, the music would be a remix of TGWW theme song

So a Mario level based on another franchise? How about one taking place somewhere on Planet Pop Star? It'd be great to see more interaction between the Super Mario and Kirby series beyond cameos between the two and Super Smash Bros.!

Probably similar to how Sonic Lost World handles the Yoshi and Zelda levels.
SonicLostWorldYoshisIsland.jpg
zdlc03011395789310jpg-e31e29_610w.0.jpg

Basically, the level will contain elements familiar to the different franchise in question, but it will still play like a Mario level, so it's a Mario level with a foreign twist. As an example, in the Zelda level for Sonic Lost World, Sonic is dressed in Link's tunic and can explore a large world to collect Rupies and find secrets like a Zelda game. It's a really cool thing to see.

Thank you for reading.

Wait, what? I missed that entirely when I did a playthrough a while back.. o:
This is exclusive to the Wii U version, as the PC version didn't have this feature. Not sure how you get them for the former (I only got the PC version), but I imagine it's a free download from the eShop.

Thank you for reading.

Back