Is there a video game that has had any sort of impact on your life?

Moldomré

Moldomré. Emphasis on the "ome" despite the "é".
MarioWiki
Moldomre
I took inspiration from @Empress of the Dark Winds's thread when making this (hope you don't mind the similar premise).

As for my own answer to my posed question, yes! Minecraft opened the way to my favorite hobby, resource pack making. I continuously update a Mario and a Zelda resource pack on Planet Minecraft, and since many people have reacted positively to them, I believe that has made me more confident in my skills as an artist (both on paper and as pixels), as it drives me to improve.

So, yeah, y'all got any games that have changed you (hopefully for the better)?

god yeah..... spore Shaped me. my love for biology and creature design, also space a bit, etc i owe entirely to this lil game. i am thakful for it
ive mentioned this in like two other threads already but mario odyssey also made me better at video games. im now less cautious and more i just. like. Go for it
also my tastes. rayman legends, and partly smo again, made me love speedrunning. not full games yet(thogh i wanna try someday) but rather just trying a level over and over til i get my fastest time on it. thanks invasions in legends which are super fun and just really good and yea
umm i met a lot of my friends on certain game communities and became a better person thanks to them if that counts HDGFHLBK

Namco High came to me with a character that I can heavily relate to, even in a meta sense, you're either ignored or attacked for things beyond your control, I still have problems letting out my anger on people who mistreated me

Aside from Mario, obviously, games like Left 4 Dead 2, GTA V, and Spore have certainly shaped me.

LEGO chess for bringing me into the world of video gaming
Poptropica and Club Penguin for being a cool part of my childhood and good times with my siblings
Super Mario Galaxy 2 felt awesome at the time and really drew me closer to Mario, still a game I'm a huge fan of
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: I would spend hours and hours building levels in this thing, I have come back to it several times in my life and each time it does not fail to give me huge fun and nostalgia
Super Paper Mario because reasons most of you already know
Bowser's Inside Story for being really cool and eventually motivating me to try the rest of the Mario & Luigi series, so far only Superstar Saga in addition but that game is also great
Minecraft - got me into a huge friendly community, brought me to ibxtoycat one of my favoruite YTers, really fun and creative game, let me discover all sorts of epic things that other people do, cool minigames on servers, huge source of nostalgia, I would play this all the time previously, now not so much, but it's still awesome.
TTYD for pushing my love for MaRPGs in general even further and convincing me that I really need to try all of them, that game is also divine imo

I know this post is kind of just shoutouts but gaming has always been a big deal in my life, and these are the ones that have been the most powerful for me

I guess in a way, Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island kind of shaped me, this was probably the game that fully got me into the Mario series, and without it I might not be on this forum. As for life-shaping, joining the forum and subsequently The 'Shroom definitely helped keep my love of writing alive at a time I was losing touch with a lot of my old interests, so in a sense I'd say I have that game to thank for that.

video games in general are probably responsible for turning me into a recluse who never leaves their room

Reactions: zel
Fire Emblem's made me good at chess, that is ONE thing I know.

Donkey Kong Country 3 was one of my first games that I played when I was like 3 and it shaped my taste in music

Minecraft's redstone system actually taught me more about understanding electrical diagrams and the way computer hardware works more than my schooling did

M&L Superstar Saga's art style is what I've been doing pixel art in for years now, which probably counts

Smash 64/Melee inspired me to care about other games, and also become used to playing party games by myself

Back