How do you interpret your player character

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Some games let you fill in the personality of the main character, let's see how that goes with you

In any game, I refuse to pick the rude options unless who I am talking to is a prick themselves, I also try to keep as much of my party alive as possible, I am willing to reset the game itself
But just because I'm nice doesn't mean I don't like harmless chaos, I will break everything that I can without giving a Damn
I also tend to ship my character with whoever is the nicest but the spunkiest
Sol how about you folks?

Depends

In LSPDFR in GTA V, I'm typically a very good cop and I don't play hyper aggressively in pursuits (always keeping my distance with cars driving away from me, not relying on PIT maneuvers too much to stop them), I obey traffic laws and turn on code 3 lights if I need to, and I'm polite whenever I stop them and say hello to them. If I catch them without headlights on at night or broken taillights and they're honest and polite with me, I let them off with a warning (though ruder ones make me fine them). Though in heist callouts, I typically go for the guns blazing in option and kill everyone.

Typically, I go for the polite option if I play RPGs or whatever, yeah. Same goes for Civilization.

In Spore, however, in the Space stage, I try to murder any empire that I comes across as soon as I get good destroying weapons available and I go for the "call off your fighter before I blast it to smithereens" option whenever I first encounter them as well as break prior alliances just to blow them up afterward. However, early game weapons suck so I have to rely on other things in order to start conquering.

regarding refusing to pick rude options. yea same BVFCBCGFVBH i am this pic
translation provided as well
zla8XsB7rGE.png
(left) "games are making the youth cruel"
(right) me, afraid to pick the mean dialogue option in a game, thinking itll upset the characters
so lemme bring up spore too. in space stage i refuse to be mean to anyone lmao(though ive had enough of these guys in my save file who keep demanding money from me endlessly.. imma get their asses later)
however in mario odyssey and such i can and will jump on and bully everyone for no reason! ill look directly into the sun with binoculars just because cappy complains about it! its funny every time ok nGHNJFKLHGnMKL
i strive to have chaotic energy

In Skyrim I am a criminal. I kill anybody or anything that gets in my path. I also pickpocket and steal items that aren't mine. Thank God for fences, who will buy your stolen goods

Some games let you fill in the personality of the main character, let's see how that goes with you

In any game, I refuse to pick the rude options unless who I am talking to is a prick themselves, I also try to keep as much of my party alive as possible, I am willing to reset the game itself
But just because I'm nice doesn't mean I don't like harmless chaos, I will break everything that I can without giving a Damn
I also tend to ship my character with whoever is the nicest but the spunkiest
Sol how about you folks?
Exactly this tbh! ^w ^,
additionally "apologizing to my characters upon losing/resetting the game" and "praising my characters on their victories" and "cheering my characters on their journeys"

In a multiplayer game, I tend to follow others rather than lead the way. It's odd sometimes when I play as Mario, doesn't share his personality lol.

so lemme bring up spore too. in space stage i refuse to be mean to anyone lmao(though ive had enough of these guys in my save file who keep demanding money from me endlessly.. imma get their asses later)

All of those guys who demand for tribute can enjoy the taste of my Planet Busters.

I guess I interpret kind of like how I always saw Peach in SPM who btw is my main in that game. Generally kind and considerate but not afraid to get assertive every so often.

My play style adapts to the character that I'm playing as, if I'm playing as the hero or someone who intends to do good then naturally I'm going to be more of a goody-goody. If I'm playing as the villain then I prefer to watch the world burn.

Anti-heroes and morally ambiguous characters can go either way depending on what mood I'm in.

I actually like player characters because their blank slate-like properties mean that I can mess around with things that would look "out of character". Paper Mario gives you a Mario who doesn't talk and you have to pick his dialogue. You can go normally and say Mario things but it's hilarious to break character and just say something that is outright mean.

Same goes with Byleth from FE:3H. I'm only three chapters into the game so far but there's already been many opportunities for me to pick a response for Byleth, and some are hilarious. Sylvain asks me for advice on how to win a girl's heart? I can just tell him that he should just give up (and yes it is an actual option in the game). Pro teacher move right there.

Oh, but the best example has to be Link. Dude looks so serious, yet can be so goofy, he is THE PERFECT CANDIDATE for "Player responses that break character".

Yeah, here's my post.

Back