Egad and Fawful?

Guy Rocketram

Lower City Empathy
Pronouns
He/him
In a video review for Luigi's Mansion 3, by Nitro Rad he brought up the idea of Fawful and Egad having some sort of past with each other, such as being high school rivals. I found this idea interesting since they're very similar characters in some regards. Similar glasses and they're both crazy scientists. What do you think of them developing some sort of rivalry or friendship between these two?

these two have never interacted with each other at all in the games so it's pretty much just an arbitrary fan thing that doesn't quite connect for me

Anything which would uncover more about Fawful's past interests me

One theory I saw someone bring up sometime on YouTube, don't remember exactly where, was that he was just a regular dude studying technology at Woohoo Hooniversity but the other students laughed at him for being different, which is why he became so obsessed with laughing at his opponents, and he became a mad scientist. He summoned Cackletta in attempt to become powerful only to realise that it was the other way round ("I am Fawful, who is just a toady! Such working, all for others!")

Spiral glasses wearing scientists (which are usually used to show the character is a bit kooky or sciency) are nothing new.

Both Kirby and Sonic have used it in their character designs just to name a couple examples.

100px-KSqSDoc.png

I think Fawful is like an evil, Beanish counterpart to E. Gadd. Yeah even if the swirly glasses is a common thing, Fawful and Gadd also both share the trait of being mostly bald, and always smiling (at least most of the time). Plus, the Poltergust and Vacuum Helmet are both suction devices capable of sucking in ghosts (remember Cackletta's soul). I think a backstory where they used to work together before Fawful turned to evil, and that's why he uses such a similar suction device to the Poltergusts. He just modified it to have rockets and be worn on the head rather than the back.

This could've been an interesting dynamic explored in a Partners in Time remake, by way of a scene where we see a younger E. Gadd in the past interacting with a younger Fawful. Maybe even including the introduction of Cackletta, who convinces Fawful to join her side instead. By the time the Bros. meet the younger E. Gadd, Fawful is gone.

It is kind of strange that E. Gadd had a coffee shop in the Beanbean Kingdom, almost as if he had past connections there.

Spiral glasses wearing scientists (which are usually used to show the character is a bit kooky or sciency) are nothing new.

Both Kirby and Sonic have used it in their character designs just to name a couple examples.

100px-KSqSDoc.png

Mad scienstein came before him too.

They are similar in a couple of ways, but big question is, how old was Fawful supposed to be? We know Professor E. Gadd is old, but I'm having a hard time determining how old Fawful is. More than likely not a kid or a teen, but definitely not too old if his voice and mannerisms are anything to go by.

So I don't think they'd be peers. E. Gadd does own a company called Gadd Science, Inc. Maybe Fawful could have been a former employee or even an apprentice of E. Gadd, but he kept coming up with unethical ideas and got fired, ultimately leading to his serving under Cackletta, who actually liked Fawful's ideas (if only because they would be of benefit to her plans).

They are similar in a couple of ways, but big question is, how old was Fawful supposed to be? We know Professor E. Gadd is old, but I'm having a hard time determining how old Fawful is. More than likely not a kid or a teen, but definitely not too old if his voice and mannerisms are anything to go by.

So I don't think they'd be peers. E. Gadd does own a company called Gadd Science, Inc. Maybe Fawful could have been a former employee or even an apprentice of E. Gadd, but he kept coming up with unethical ideas and got fired, ultimately leading to his serving under Cackletta, who actually liked Fawful's ideas (if only because they would be of benefit to her plans).

Yeah that is kind of a good point. I never did consider Fawful's age. His energy makes me think he's fairly young (20s-maybe mid 30s) but i'd be willing to buy him being an old man.

Why would Fawful not be a teenager, he doesn't seem at all mature and unlike the bros. lacks characteristics indicative of high levels of androgens

He's more likely just a kooky adult.

Back