Is baby DK Cranky or the current one?

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Okay, I admit that I don't really care about Mario's continuity, I just thought this might be a interesting thing to bring up
BDKSluggers.PNG

Baby DK here appeared in Yoshi Island DS and Mario's Super Sluggers, but he does bring up a question on how Kongs age, he is clearly more inspired by the Country forward DK than the arcade one, however, if he is the current DK, he aged rather slowly, if he is Cranky, he has some sorta super important destiny or whatever, eh, it's never brought up again anyways

I mean, it was just supposed to add some fun factor to the game, so it's no big deal it's not too thought out
I just want to see the answers you folks give

Last edited:
Wow, that does raise questions. What if Cranky has always been older than Mario? Considering today Mario is 24 according to Miyamoto, I have just raised more questions.

Was he 24 during retro DK? Where did Cranky's body mass go? Did Cranky age faster due to being an ape? Does that mean modern DK will become elderly before Mario?

Most importantly, at what age did Mario grow and style his mustache?

Here's the Kong Family Tree from how I see it:

Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong in Arcade) --> Donkey Kong Jr. (Current DK's dad) --> Baby DK (appears in a couple spin-offs, he's current DK as a baby) --> Donkey Kong (has appeared in many games, grandson of the OG Donkey Kong, or Cranky Kong)

Cranky Kong is the OG Donkey Kong. That's been confirmed. Mario is 24 or 25. That has also been confirmed. So... when did the game Donkey Kong take place? It couldn't have been that long ago cause Mario was at the very least in his late teens. But then you see how drastically Cranky has aged since then and it seems like it would have happened years ago. Then there's the whole issue of DK Jr. How old was he in the game Donkey Kong Jr.? Was he already an adult with a kid? These apes seem to age awfully fast. But if they age that fast, the Baby DK we see in Yoshi's Island DS would most likely be dead already.

This whole Donkey Kong lineage situation is a mess.

Honestly, this whole continuity thing is needlessly convoluted. You can say the characters in the original Donkey Kong game are completely different (like Jumpman is Mario's dad actually), which would simplify some of the problems Baby Donkey Kong brings here. I tend to go the other way: Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong is the current one as well as Jumpman is Mario, just without a tie. Mario never fought Cranky, only Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr.. Donkey Kong Jr. died from an eagle attack and was reincarnated as Diddy.

There is no Baby DK. It is just a figment of your imagination.

On average a Gorilla lives for 30-40 years, which is around the age I believe Mario to be. It's safe to assume that the DK that in appears in Mario spinoffs is the same as the one in the DKC, so that would mean Cranky Kong would be old around the time that Mario is 30-40. That would mean Mario and Cranky would be a similar age, which means they would both be babies around the same time, so Baby DK is the same character as Cranky Kong.

Back